Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Plastering beads??

Plastering beads??

Old Jan 11th 2008, 12:01 pm
Click my Signature

sjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to all
Default Plastering beads??

Help needed.
An easy one for some kind person.
I need some ali plaster beads - not much - about 2m
What do I need to ask for??
I have tried the dictionary, the free beer, the local english/spanish gurus (not giris!) the local free papers and mags, all to no avail.
Help, please.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 1:25 pm
Banned

Location: What one has not experienced, one will never understand in print
lee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to all
Default Re: Plastering beads??

You may have to get then from the UK Spanish builders don`t use them.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, don't know what they are called here, but up here in Valencia, they are stocked by most DIY stores and builders merchants'.
Tim
Old Jan 11th 2008, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sjrw
Help needed.
An easy one for some kind person.
I need some ali plaster beads - not much - about 2m
What do I need to ask for??
I have tried the dictionary, the free beer, the local english/spanish gurus (not giris!) the local free papers and mags, all to no avail.
Help, please.
Builders yards normally, don't honestly know what their name is off hand but if you ask for 'protectores de esquinas' or 'protectores de esquinas para yeso' you will probably get what you are looking for. You can walk round most construction yards, you will probably see them stored on some shelving inside the stores.

They are supplied in metal generally but you will probably also find plastic ones.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Econ; Jan 11th 2008 at 4:05 pm.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 4:23 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

They are called "angulos" where I buy them from (builders merchants, Edeco, in Estepa), plastic only.
Old Jan 11th 2008, 5:01 pm
Click my Signature

sjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to all

Thanks for the replies folks, I'll see if I can get some. Estepa's just up the road, so that sounds a good bet.