Plastering

Old Jan 20th 2023, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

gtmillwall1961 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Plastering

Hi what is the plastering like in Spain is there mush work
Old Jan 20th 2023, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Plastering

Originally Posted by gtmillwall1961
Hi what is the plastering like in Spain is there mush work
If you are enquiring about work in Spain can you tell us which Passport you hold, EU or UK?

Steve
Old Jan 20th 2023, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

Irish passport
Old Jan 20th 2023, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond repute

They use different materials and tools to say the UK.

Plasterboard work is similar.
Old Jan 21st 2023, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

It makes it far easier if you have an Irish passport.

There is quite a lot of building work going off at the moment in Benidorm having reforms done to some hotels. Reforms are usually done at this time of year so it's seasonal.

There are also several small builders here.

If you move here you are still required to sign on the foreigners register at the National police station within 3 months of arrival.

https://administracion.gob.es/pag_Home/en/Tu-espacio-europeo/derechos-obligaciones/ciudadanos/residencia/obtencion-residencia/inscribirte-residente.html

Steve

Old Jan 21st 2023, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

Lospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
I have renovated two properties in Spain and I have met and dealt with lots of trades men. I have found the Spanish lack the skills of a U.K. plasterer, hence why they cover everything in that awful Gotelé stuff.

my apartment for instance was completely skimmed with U.K. multi finish, which is highly in demand from AIM and was readily available to U.K. plasterers in Spain. (Using something familiar is obviously a bonus)

there is a demand, and I’m sure most people want rid of the gotele and finding a good plasterer was a problem, I finally found one and my apartment now has lovely flat walls.

whether there is work with Spanish builders I do not know, that would be something you would learn as you go along.

regards
Al
Old Jan 21st 2023, 8:28 am
Just Joined

Thanks very much Al
Old Jan 21st 2023, 2:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure there is plenty of work and also along the Costa Brava plenty of properties being built or renovated. As always the problem is that you would either need to be self employed and build up a customer base from scratch or find an Employer. This often means you will be competing with locals or people willing to work for less, be it Eastern Europeans or other nationalties who speak Spanish. Even the Germans have good tradesmen, but it's all about personal connections and doing it the local way a German guy once told me. The way it works where we are is that there is a local office for construction services in the urbanization. The guy is like a broker who knows everyone and people go to him first, be it gardening, new construction or architects and so on.