Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Places To Go, Things To Do

Places To Go, Things To Do

Old Nov 6th 2009, 6:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Places To Go, Things To Do

Originally Posted by Michaelh
Glad you liked it, Rio Tinto that is
Regards
Michael
Got lost in Huelva today near El Corte Ingles and found a small square of what looked like Victorian semis pretty run down but looked to be pebble dashed!
Old Nov 6th 2009, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of
Default Re: Places To Go, Things To Do

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Got lost in Huelva today near El Corte Ingles and found a small square of what looked like Victorian semis pretty run down but looked to be pebble dashed!
Could it have been the barrio ingles, a residential district built for British company workers - part of the Rio Tinto also?
Old Nov 7th 2009, 6:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Places To Go, Things To Do

Originally Posted by CAROL ELIZABETH
Could it have been the barrio ingles, a residential district built for British company workers - part of the Rio Tinto also?
Yes I think that is what it must have been.
Old Nov 13th 2009, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

sunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jur
Kevin and Sue from The Andalusian (Isla Canela) have been very active with organising all sorts of activities since they´ve taken over the bar/restaurant. Amongst regular Spanish classes there will be a Mosaic workshop as well, next Friday the 30th is the first one. From 19:00 till about 20.30/21:00.

(I also heard that the Sunday roast is very good!!)

Tom enjoyed the mosaic class we have our first coaster.
If anyone free on fridays at 11.30 please go along and have a go.

Sue
Old Nov 14th 2009, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi all, just spent a fab weekend in Jerez. Lovely city to stroll round in and plenty of things to visit e.g. Clock Museum, Cathederal etc. Especially good was a tour round the Tio Pepe Bodega with wine tasting and tapas at the end. Also went to Arcos De La Frontera and had coffee and cake on the terrace of the Parador that has views to die for. Drive time from Ayamonte is about 2 1/2 hrs so an over night stay is a good idea. Regards Bryony.
Couldn't agree more with Mike & Bryony. Its taken me a bit longer to sort out our photos, but here are a few, and there are some more on our website.

If you go to Jerez, don't miss out on the Alcazar of Jerez, which is well worth a visit on its own, but as a bonus has a Camera Obscura in the tower, with stunning views over the rooftops of the city.
Attached Thumbnails Places To Go, Things To Do-oct0906.jpg   Places To Go, Things To Do-oct0908.jpg   Places To Go, Things To Do-oct0912.jpg   Places To Go, Things To Do-oct0917.jpg  
Old Nov 16th 2009, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Just spent a great weekend in Riotinto. The main reason for the visit was a friendly golf match between Costa Esuri and Corta Atalaya (the local team). Saturday afternoon we all toured the mine on the train and this was followed by a lovely meal in a local restaurant. Sunday morning was the golf game and the none players (myself and 4 other ladies) drove to Aracena to look around the caves. The journey from Riotinto to Aracena was very picturesque and the caves are well worth visiting. The weekend finished with a meal hosted by the home team (who also won) and the return match is at CE next Saturday. Don't know if any of you golfers out there have played the course but it is quite unique. There are grass tees and greens but the fairways are rocks, ash and pebbles so you play off mats. Regards Bryony.
Old Nov 16th 2009, 6:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BobD
If you go to Jerez, don't miss out on the Alcazar of Jerez, which is well worth a visit on its own, but as a bonus has a Camera Obscura in the tower, with stunning views over the rooftops of the city.
I must agree well worth a visit
Old Nov 16th 2009, 7:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Just spent a great weekend in Riotinto. The main reason for the visit was a friendly golf match between Costa Esuri and Corta Atalaya (the local team). Saturday afternoon we all toured the mine on the train and this was followed by a lovely meal in a local restaurant. Sunday morning was the golf game and the none players (myself and 4 other ladies) drove to Aracena to look around the caves. The journey from Riotinto to Aracena was very picturesque and the caves are well worth visiting. The weekend finished with a meal hosted by the home team (who also won) and the return match is at CE next Saturday. Don't know if any of you golfers out there have played the course but it is quite unique. There are grass tees and greens but the fairways are rocks, ash and pebbles so you play off mats. Regards Bryony.
Crikey, I bet that does your balls the world of good!!! No inappropriate comments chaps!!
Old Nov 19th 2009, 9:34 am
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

I´ve posted before about the arts & crafts fair at The Andalusian this Saturday, the 21st. It starts at 12:00 and should go on till about 16:00.

See you there!
Old Dec 14th 2009, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

If you are around Vila Real around Christmas don't miss the great christmas decorations and amazing tree in the main square. There is a skating rink for the youngsters and is best visited after dark when the shops are still open and there is a great christmas atmosphere.

Why can't Ayamonte have that kind of feel over the Christmas period?!!
Old Dec 14th 2009, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

sunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nicesunshine sue is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sharon B
If you are around Vila Real around Christmas don't miss the great christmas decorations and amazing tree in the main square. There is a skating rink for the youngsters and is best visited after dark when the shops are still open and there is a great christmas atmosphere.

I agree,
I look over to Vila Real and castro Marim every night and the lights look really festive.
three years ago Ayamonte had loads more lights every where.
A sign of the times I suppose, the cost to the council for electricity.

Sue
Old Dec 14th 2009, 7:06 pm
Jur

Originally Posted by Sharon B

Originally Posted by sunshine sue
I agree,
I look over to Vila Real and castro Marim every night and the lights look really festive.
three years ago Ayamonte had loads more lights every where.
A sign of the times I suppose, the cost to the council for electricity.

Sue
It´s the most embarrasing this year, over the whole town there´s next to nothing! Have you seen the cristmas market on the Laguna? A Joke!
I guess it´s indeed a sign of the times, you also see that there´s hardly any decoration on the houses this year, very sad.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

You would think that Ayamonte council would have more money to spend then Vila Real on such things. Went to Vila Real over the weekend and all my Spanish neighbours were there with their families spending their money on the late night shopping. Renting a skating rink would make money for the council and the town shop keepers would make extra dosh if they opened late during this period. Where's the cost??

I know things are tight but people were just out enjoying the atmosphere with their families, you don't always need to spend loads to have a good time.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 8:17 pm
Jur

It might not be for all, but this Saturday evening (the 13th) the Andalusian will host an Elvis night, music, movies and blue suede shoes.......

[IMG][/IMG]
Old Mar 10th 2010, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

The Riverside Bar is open again up at Alcutim.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.