Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Place in the Winter Sun

Place in the Winter Sun

Old Feb 6th 2012, 4:43 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Place in the Winter Sun

Originally Posted by HBG
I didn't see the programme and can't play the clip from Jacky because I live in Spain, but I've read up on it.

Lo Crispin is a fairly new urbanisation, nearer to Quesada than Torrevieja, the latter is a good ten miles away, the urbanisation comes under Algorfa.

Lo Crispin consists of detached villas which were sold for around 250,000 Euros, five years ago. Unfortunately the urbanisation, like many others, was never fully completed and is a bit isolated, you need a car if you live there.

That the three-bedroomed detached villa sold for 113,000 Euros, with a car included, at least 50% lower than the original price seems typical of the Spanish property market for the area. On the face of it, it sounds like a bargain.

I know it's a daft comparison, but you wouldn't get a three bedroomed detached house in the UK for £85,000, and the Spanish one even has a decent communal swimming pool. And what price 300 days of healthy sunshine?

(I'm not an estate agent).
Without being picky, and not wishing to start an argument but it sold for £113,000 not Euros, they argued the toss in Euros, I think it was 135,000 or something.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 4:58 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Good point. Then the oncosts about 10%.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

I watched the programme, and apart from not liking the huge expanses of identikit houses, the main thing that struck me was what a cheeky b****** that man was! I'd have told him where to go.

When we were selling our house in the UK to move over here, someone put in a stupid offer and the estate agent said "but he's a cash buyer". I said I didn't care if he brought the money round in a carrier bag full of used fivers, he wasn't buying it for that.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 7:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
When we were selling our house in the UK to move over here, someone put in a stupid offer and the estate agent said "but he's a cash buyer". I said I didn't care if he brought the money round in a carrier bag full of used fivers, he wasn't buying it for that.
Always worth a try! My niece is in Hackney, decided to ask £400K for her modest 2 bedroom terrace house, not really expecting to get it. First viewer offered asking price, she was very tempted, but estate agent said, "whoa, hang on, we have another 18 viewings lined up" Long story short, sealed bids, ended up with 428K. Well pleased.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 8:37 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Without being picky, and not wishing to start an argument but it sold for £113,000 not Euros, they argued the toss in Euros, I think it was 135,000 or something.
It wouldn't make much difference to the overall conclusion that the seller made a massive loss on his property. 50% is the local average, and with 1.7 million unsold homes in Spain without taking millions of repossessions into account, it's a dire situation that will take years to resolve.

You can't look at it any other way, and incoming expats need to be told the truth. Getting back to Lo Crispin, it's not a bad urbanisation, and if you want to try it out there are many rentals available at £100 a week.

Test drive it and look around, it's much better than some Godforsaken place among the gippos inland from Malaga.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 9:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
It wouldn't make much difference to the overall conclusion that the seller made a massive loss on his property. 50% is the local average, and with 1.7 million unsold homes in Spain without taking millions of repossessions into account, it's a dire situation that will take years to resolve.

You can't look at it any other way, and incoming expats need to be told the truth. Getting back to Lo Crispin, it's not a bad urbanisation, and if you want to try it out there are many rentals available at £100 a week.

Test drive it and look around, it's much better than some Godforsaken place among the gippos inland from Malaga.
Someone been talking?
Old Feb 6th 2012, 9:13 pm
Retired and in Spain

Library Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really niceLibrary Ticket is just really nice

Originally Posted by HBG

One bar was mentioned, is there anything else there? We were driven around the area by some friends a few months ago and were told that it was quite isolated and that you needed some form of transport, at least a bicycle if you lived there.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 9:21 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

There didn't seem to be much sign of life on any of the urbanisations. Tomorrow is Barbados and they have a budget of £150 We looked there and you don't get much for your money...the prices may have dropped though. Later on they are in marbella and another around denia area. Have noticed before what they call marbella isn't really, usually Calahonda or Estepona. We shall see
Old Feb 6th 2012, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG

But most of the "gippos" are down on the coast....selling tablecloths!
Old Feb 7th 2012, 4:46 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to start off by saying that the Spanish politicians who authorised the destruction of the Spanish Mediterranean coast should be brought to The Hague and charged with crimes against humanity.

However, it's too late for that, and the coast has now been concreted over.

To get back to the urbanisations being discussed. Despite the economic crisis and building having stopped, local people are now trying to beautify their concrete and will succeed in time. My 'urbanisation' is now 35 years old and abounds with green spaces and every garden is full of trees. We have street lights, a regular transport system, and every service you can think of on the doorstep.

The newer urbanisations like Lo Crispin will be the same in another 30 years. You will be able to hop on a bus and get to a 'real' Spanish town like Algorfa or Almoradi in a few minutes, and the many beaches are 20 minutes away.

And if you get fed up, two airports are 30 minutes away in either direction and you can fly to Las Vegas or back to the UK.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 5:05 am
BE Enthusiast

bob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond repute

You can't buy much in the UK for £130 I suppose. The kitchens are always a let down for me on these travel shows, always seem very basic, bit naff truth be told. The couple made the right choice really based on what they wanted, a home and a holiday place for family, sun, sea, sand and a pint I suspect.

I like the one out in the sticks; if you were retired and a keen gardener you could make something special from it and only a moped ride from a cold beer on a summers day
Old Feb 7th 2012, 6:24 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG

I never made a comment about the why's and wherefores, just thought I would point out.

Oh and as to the area they covered and in particular Torre, no thanks, not if they gave me a home for nothing would I EVER move back there, I personally thought it was everything that should be detested about the Brits in Spain full of loathsome Gin soaks wannabe Cray Twin employees and ex Special Services.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 7:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bob_bob
You can't buy much in the UK for £130 I suppose.
You can get a 3 bed dettached house for £130k in the Northern English town I come from. And if you go even further North you can get even more.

Once you get away from the South East then property prices in the UK arent so different to those in Spain (excluding Madrid, Barcelona and San Sebastian)
Old Feb 7th 2012, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

adra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really nice

crickman, as a buy to let landlord, I would be most interested if you would point me to a few 3 bed detached houses at that price, just the name of the towns will do, I can then do my own homework finding them
Old Feb 7th 2012, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adra04778
crickman, as a buy to let landlord, I would be most interested if you would point me to a few 3 bed detached houses at that price, just the name of the towns will do, I can then do my own homework finding them
seen some in Wigan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.