Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Pickpocketing is dying out..

Pickpocketing is dying out..

Old Apr 6th 2011, 4:43 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pickpocketing is dying out..

Damn shame someone can't come up with a pocket insert that would result in them getting a fishhook or something stuck well in.

A smear of dogshit on the point would just add to the pleasure in my eyes.
Old Apr 6th 2011, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw View Post
(looking in handbag on chair to my left).... so what trousers or frontpack can be found with enough space for:

oh, and of course Tower of London-scale keyring!!
There you are......I said you didn't need all that stuff.

oh, and NB - my OH only ever keeps things in his pocket(s) and he was the one successfully pickpocketed in Barcelona; the woman who tried on my bag in Fuengirola failed dismally and even I was impressed with my turn of speed to leap noisily after her
You were very lucky there, a Spanish friend of ours ended up in hospital for two weeks after being dragged a considerable distance behind a bike as they tried to steal her bag, even worse was the fact that her three year old child was left standing there all alone as it happened.

With the right kind of pockets and due diligence... it's very much safer to use those than a handbag!
Old Apr 6th 2011, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

remains of someone else's broke mobile which 9yo wanted to dismember to find out about chips etc
Got a bit of advice here Fiona. Let the boy take things to bits! So much better than giving him working things. If you're lucky the boy will turn out to be a semi-genius like mine did after trying for a year to repair a broken computer at age 13/14
So much cheaper than university training. So much more successful now than many of his age who graduated!;-)
Old Apr 7th 2011, 12:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angiescarr View Post
Got a bit of advice here Fiona. Let the boy take things to bits! So much better than giving him working things. If you're lucky the boy will turn out to be a semi-genius like mine did after trying for a year to repair a broken computer at age 13/14
So much cheaper than university training. So much more successful now than many of his age who graduated!;-)
I'd agree if it weren't that once put in my tardis it was forgotten, only to give me the fear of bejaysus when I thought I'd knacked my own mobile
- he has a somewhat short attention span sometimes, my #2 son!!
Old Apr 11th 2011, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

This bag snatcher gets his just desserts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h6cQ...x=3&playnext=2
Old Apr 11th 2011, 4:35 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

We had visitors, and they went to the beach in Torrevieja, we warned them NOT to take money or phone from their apartment, but they did. Woman decided to go in the se, left her handbag under her mothers chair (mother was sitting there). when she came back her bag was gone, all her money, phone, passport everything, took about 6 days to sort out.

I was in a local supermarket in Spain and I noticed an older guy wandering round, no basket, twice he asked me about something, he was Spanish but wanted to know about some product. When I got to the checkout he was a few people back, BUT, I was vary, and felt a hand moving towards my pocket, I quickly moved my hand back towards m pocket, and hit a chaps hand, looked round and he and his older mate were walking out, bought nothing, but hten again they hadn't got anything from me either.