Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Phone hacking hypocrisy

Phone hacking hypocrisy

Old Jul 11th 2011, 10:21 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Phone hacking hypocrisy

Originally Posted by zargof
I hate it when someone leaks stuff.
Do I hate leaks or not, not sure, it Depends.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 11:09 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

The implication is that the rot was in the other Murdoch papers. Excellent. For me, even more demonstrable proof that the Murdoch family are not fit people to control such a chunk of the media.

IMo, no-one, but no-one should have the right to that sort of power.

Can you imagine what it would be like when someone like Murdoch bent all his will towards ensuring one political party was elected and not the other? We've seen it happen twice now at least, and I think it's time that it became impossible in the future.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 11:12 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
The implication is that the rot was in the other Murdoch papers. Excellent. For me, even more demonstrable proof that the Murdoch family are not fit people to control such a chunk of the media.

IMo, no-one, but no-one should have the right to that sort of power.

Can you imagine what it would be like when someone like Murdoch bent all his will towards ensuring one political party was elected and not the other? We've seen it happen twice now at least, and I think it's time that it became impossible in the future.
as with Berlusconi
Old Jul 12th 2011, 12:59 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
as with Berlusconi
Yep.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 6:25 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing, every day we think surely it can't get any worse, yet every day it has.

Today we have Browns allegations that N.I.employed the criminal underworld to snoop on his private affairs, with further damage to both the Times and Suns reputations,.... for what they were worth anyway.

At least every cloud has a silver lining and it's good to see all three party leaders asking the Murdochs to drop the BskyB take-over.
It's difficult to see how they could continue now in the face of opposition from Parliament as well as the will of the British ppl.
Hopefully N.I. will suffer a king size kick in the bollox with regard to both the Sat and the News business and end up feeling like a neutered tomcat.

Apparently the Murdochs have had to resort to buying back their previously owned shares to prevent a further collapse in prices.

I wonder whats happening in the rest of the World.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 8:45 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Amazing, every day we think surely it can't get any worse, yet every day it has.

Today we have Browns allegations that N.I.employed the criminal underworld to snoop on his private affairs, with further damage to both the Times and Suns reputations,.... for what they were worth anyway.

At least every cloud has a silver lining and it's good to see all three party leaders asking the Murdochs to drop the BskyB take-over.
It's difficult to see how they could continue now in the face of opposition from Parliament as well as the will of the British ppl.
Hopefully N.I. will suffer a king size kick in the bollox with regard to both the Sat and the News business and end up feeling like a neutered tomcat.

Apparently the Murdochs have had to resort to buying back their previously owned shares to prevent a further collapse in prices.

I wonder whats happening in the rest of the World.
I for one am loving every minute of it, and the only way it could get better would be if his whole empire went tits up and the Murdoch family lost so much they could never get back up there.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 8:58 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
I for one am loving every minute of it, and the only way it could get better would be if his whole empire went tits up and the Murdoch family lost so much they could never get back up there.
Its getting dicey for the evil prick in the States I see... Incidentally, I saw the other day that he actually owns the Dow Jones! WHAT THE F*UCK! How can that be seen as impartial or a good idea in any way?
Old Jul 12th 2011, 9:10 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Its getting dicey for the evil prick in the States I see... Incidentally, I saw the other day that he actually owns the Dow Jones! WHAT THE F*UCK! How can that be seen as impartial or a good idea in any way?
I'm with you kid. How the f'uck was that possible?
Old Jul 12th 2011, 9:15 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
I'm with you kid. How the f'uck was that possible?
Mossad killed Maxwell, lets hope they see sense and do the honorable thing with Murdoch!
Old Jul 12th 2011, 10:19 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Mossad killed Maxwell, lets hope they see sense and do the honorable thing with Murdoch!
I'm in. Will a fiver do?
Old Jul 12th 2011, 10:34 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
.....and here's me worrying you'd be shedding a few tears over the poor sad soles seeing their investments slowly disappearing down the tubes day by day.
Old Jul 12th 2011, 11:17 pm
On the road again.

Interesting article, especially the latter part relating to unrest amongst his shareholders and opposition to his daughter becoming involved.

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/why-murdoc...don-newspapers
Old Jul 13th 2011, 8:11 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
.....and here's me worrying you'd be shedding a few tears over the poor sad soles seeing their investments slowly disappearing down the tubes day by day.
Of course thats a very good point ...... if you actually take a moment to look at the bigger picture and imagine what implications the "Empire" going down the tube could have on the likes of you and me in pensions, investments etc, the inevetible reactions from the markets because they get all nervous again!
Old Jul 13th 2011, 8:37 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Of course thats a very good point ...... if you actually take a moment to look at the bigger picture and imagine what implications the "Empire" going down the tube could have on the likes of you and me in pensions, investments etc, the inevetible reactions from the markets because they get all nervous again!
I watched and read the news this morning, and learned a new word - Down-banding - where employees are kept on instead of being made redundant, but with a drop in pay. That was followed by falling markets and the fear that the eurozone would implode with Italian and Spanish debt. Then George Osbourne explained that even though we are not in the eurozone, we would be hit just as hard.

My income is already dropping, like most other people's, and I can see nothing but clouds on the horizon.

There was a bit of light relief on the TV yesterday afternoon when DAC Andy Haywood entertained us all with his clown act. 'What, me guv? I just had a couple of dinners with the nice people from the press I was investigating. They even gave me a job when I retired a couple of months later.'

Hilarious. The DPP at the time, the top man, got a job with them too.
Old Jul 13th 2011, 9:30 am
On the road again.

Poor old Rupert Murdoch must be beginning to feel like General Custer right now with more and more sh!t heading his way from every possible direction.

Even those in high places who used to shake in their boots at the very mention of his name and would have happily licked his ass not so long ago, have now merrily joined in the sh!t hoying fest.

If there was a popularity contest held at this very moment Rupert would probably rank somewhere in between Gadaffi and the late Bin Laden

On top of that there are major rumblings of discontent in both the States and Oz by shareholders and Govt.

His sacrifice of the NoW has now already proved to have been a pointless and futile exercise which has come back to bite him on the ass in more ways than one

Oh how the mighty have fallen, or at least are continuing to fall.

Fortunately Mitzy I am not relying on Rupert for my pension or anything else right now so I'm contentedly sitting back and enjoying the show.

Last edited by Dick Dasterdly; Jul 13th 2011 at 9:33 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.