Pesky flies

Old Sep 28th 2018, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

Alectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud of
Default Pesky flies

I am inundated with flies and although I have purchased every type of fly spray I can find not one of them seems to work, in fact the flies seem to thrive on the stuff. Bring back those sticky hanging strips I say. Are they available in Spain and if so where can I buy them? My local hardware shop has been closed for the past year and those that I have visited in nearby towns look at me as if I was crazy. Alternatively is there a spray product that anyone can recommend? Thanks.
Old Sep 28th 2018, 11:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pesky flies

I have seen the fly strip things in fertarias suppose you just need to try a few. I must admit I too find Spanish fly spray dies nothing but they must have some that work? Maybe you could try one of the electronic zapper things? Example in the link? I have no idea how effective they are !

​​​​​​​https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005SSQIXW/ref=asc_df_B005SSQIXW55895639/?tag=googshopuk-21&creative=22110&creativeASIN=B005SSQIXW&linkCode=df0&hvadid=217982879167&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11654489285670846970&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006956&hvtargid=pla-386033745486&th=1&psc=1
Old Sep 28th 2018, 11:31 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Loads on Amazon Spain as well .

https://www.amazon.es/s/ref=nb_sb_no...y+sticky+tapes
Old Sep 28th 2018, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

Alectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud ofAlectryon has much to be proud of

Thanks very much, very grateful to you both. Just placed an order

Last edited by Alectryon; Sep 28th 2018 at 12:05 pm. Reason: missed sentence
Old Sep 28th 2018, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Retired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alectryon
I am inundated with flies and although I have purchased every type of fly spray I can find not one of them seems to work, in fact the flies seem to thrive on the stuff. Bring back those sticky hanging strips I say. Are they available in Spain and if so where can I buy them? My local hardware shop has been closed for the past year and those that I have visited in nearby towns look at me as if I was crazy. Alternatively is there a spray product that anyone can recommend? Thanks.
They're available in our local hardware shop, a typical "fork 'andles/four candles" place. If you don't have one of those, try one of the 'Chino' shops.
Old Sep 28th 2018, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Order accepted but the delivery dates are between the 18th and 27th October, by which time it will be cold enough for the flies to have disappeared all by themselves. Ah well, perhaps they will keep until next summer. Thanks again everyone.
Old Sep 28th 2018, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

dougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond repute

Have tried just about every remedy in the 30 odd years here.This year seems to be even worse & by the time you notice that little black dot(just one species of biters) & flick at it you find you are itching in several places.I can only think that some of us have such good quality blood!
Old Sep 28th 2018, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Alectryon
Order accepted but the delivery dates are between the 18th and 27th October, by which time it will be cold enough for the flies to have disappeared all by themselves. Ah well, perhaps they will keep until next summer. Thanks again everyone.
Just had an email telling me that the order was dispatched this afternoon - only in Spain!
Old Sep 28th 2018, 4:51 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

We find fogo moscas y mosquitos spray from Mercadona works very well.
Old Sep 28th 2018, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by missile
We find fogo moscas y mosquitos spray from Mercadona works very well.
Thank you, I'll make a note of that just in case the strips do not work. I'm fully expecting that the flies will eat them! Pessimist that I am.
Old Sep 28th 2018, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute

We got some of them, and whilst a few flies stuck to them, so did we every time we walked passed them. The brown waxy stuff was difficult to get out of our clothes, so if you are wearing anything white, give them a wide berth. We got one of the "swatters" from the local Chino shop and kept walloping the flies every time they landed. Just as effective, and made a good competition between myself and my wife. ( she won )

Last edited by teuchterpete; Sep 28th 2018 at 6:03 pm.
Old Sep 28th 2018, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by teuchterpete
We got some of them, and whilst a few flies stuck to them, so did we every time we walked passed them. The brown waxy stuff was difficult to get out of our clothes, so if you are wearing anything white, give them a wide berth. We got one of the "swatters" from the local Chino shop and kept walloping the flies every time they landed. Just as effective, and made a good competition between myself and my wife. ( she won )
Don't they always?