Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Personal attacks on this forum

Personal attacks on this forum

Old Mar 3rd 2010, 5:34 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Personal attacks on this forum

On most forums you get the occasional irksome poster, usually devoid of humour, who imagines himself to be a winged avenger or caped crusader, and they’re best ignored.

Mind you, in real life I remember a TV clip of George Bush filmed on opening his eyes after a long praying session with a smug look on his face, the look of an avenger. The next clip showed Saddam with a rope around his neck.

Maybe it’s best to be careful who you upset in life and stick with a mutual admiration society.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 9:32 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aussie30
I'm suprised you decided to join this thread!
Well, I am rather busy selling vitamins to 'special' people, but since you were kind enough to demonstrate how big the market was, I thought I owed you that much.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 10:12 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jur
It can get pretty bad out here, but take a look at the general forums like "The Lounge" or "Take it outside", it´s human behaviour in the worst possible way. Embarrasing really.

I´ve spoken to lots of people who say they read the forum but are too scared of writing anything to avoid being slagged off.
"The Lounge", and "Take it outside", can be fun, but have to be looked at as fora that have people posting just for effect, and trying to get the reactions they get. Do not consider posting there if you are not thick skinned, have a look and a laugh by all means, but don't read anything into the posts, there are people there who just post to cause arguments, and to insult others, but then again those posting there know what to expect, not for the faint hearted, but then again language etc that would not be allowed in a forum like this, is acceptable, but there are still rules, and most of the people who get banned get banned via posts there..
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

SaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of light

Don't get me wrong, I am happy to insult someone who truly deserves it, and am far from being a "sensitive little flower", but my original post was about commenting negatively about people and their lives for no reason at all and blatantly provoking arguments.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 11:07 am
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikelincs
"The Lounge", and "Take it outside", can be fun, but have to be looked at as fora that have people posting just for effect, and trying to get the reactions they get. Do not consider posting there if you are not thick skinned, have a look and a laugh by all means, but don't read anything into the posts, there are people there who just post to cause arguments, and to insult others, but then again those posting there know what to expect, not for the faint hearted, but then again language etc that would not be allowed in a forum like this, is acceptable, but there are still rules, and most of the people who get banned get banned via posts there..
You´re right, it can be fun there. But for me people in there just go too far, just look at all the anti Islam threads or another poster who´s always eager too express his hatred towards small children. I´m sure it´s meant too be humoristic but I fail to see it. Staying well away from it, I love to be in the Spain forum!
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 11:39 am
Account Closed

Aussie30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bil
Well, I am rather busy selling vitamins to 'special' people, but since you were kind enough to demonstrate how big the market was, I thought I owed you that much.
A word beginning with W comes to mind right now........
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 11:41 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Who would have thunk that a thread on personal attacks would descend into personal attacks eh?
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 11:43 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Who would have thunk that a thread on personal attacks would descend into personal attacks eh?
I hardly call that a personal attack!
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 11:47 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Careful Matt, or someone will go running to tell teacher that the nasty rough boys are name calling......
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 11:47 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aussie30
I hardly call that a personal attack!
Thats subjective though isn't it?
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 11:48 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by bil
Careful Matt, or someone will go running to tell teacher that the nasty rough boys are name calling......
You're kidding right Bill?

If you look closely there is a report button and right next to it, slightly fainter, is a "report rugbymatt" button.... direct line mate, direct line.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 11:49 am
BE Enthusiast

SaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of light

I knew this would happen!! I rest my case...
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 11:50 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by SaritaBarcelona
I knew this would happen!! I rest my case...

Oh bless you... that innocent act works well with some you know...
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 11:55 am
bil
Banned

You're kidding right Bill?

If you look closely there is a report button and right next to it, slightly fainter, is a "report rugbymatt" button.... direct line mate, direct line.
Laugh? I nearly shat myself.....
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 12:00 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bil
Seeing that I am a woman and a teacher, I think they might just laugh at you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.