pension

Old Aug 28th 2019, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy pension

hi all,once the dust,s settles from the b word do you think i,ll live to get my pension,worried in spain

Last edited by el collado kid; Aug 28th 2019 at 11:48 am. Reason: b word
Old Aug 28th 2019, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pension

Is this a health question!

are you working and contributing towards a Spanish pension?

Are you referring just to UK state pension? You will still qualify for that given you meet the criteria and age. You can check the criteria on the government website. A think tank recently suggested raising the retirement age to a jaw dropping 75 . The age group affected was something like born between 1966 and 1972. There is a court case against the government for the rapid rise in age for women 60 to 65/67 ? One thing for certain is the age wont come down as a concept!

My suspicion for the last three years is “ leaving Europe” will give any future UK money saving government the idea of treating expats in Europe like those Commonwealth countries i.e. you get your pension but no future increases.
Old Aug 28th 2019, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

I'm convinced that the idea of raising of pensionable age to 75 is a calculated move to encourage, or should that be force, people to make their own pension provisions.

All very well for those who can afford it but tough titty for those who can't.

Assuming it's even possible by then It would certainly severely curtail emigration to Europe Spain if you have to wait until 75 for an S1 !
Old Aug 28th 2019, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: pension

Originally Posted by olivefarmer
Is this a health question!

are you working and contributing towards a Spanish pension?

Are you referring just to UK state pension? You will still qualify for that given you meet the criteria and age. You can check the criteria on the government website. A think tank recently suggested raising the retirement age to a jaw dropping 75 . The age group affected was something like born between 1966 and 1972. There is a court case against the government for the rapid rise in age for women 60 to 65/67 ? One thing for certain is the age wont come down as a concept!

My suspicion for the last three years is “ leaving Europe” will give any future UK money saving government the idea of treating expats in Europe like those Commonwealth countries i.e. you get your pension but no future increases.
hi oliver, not health as i am on Spanish nhs,i do meet the criteria,,,, but can they change the rules by law before i get there??? i, am 62, many thanks
Old Aug 28th 2019, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Notdunroamin
I'm convinced that the idea of raising of pensionable age to 75 is a calculated move to encourage, or should that be force, people to make their own pension provisions.

All very well for those who can afford it but tough titty for those who can't.

Assuming it's even possible by then It would certainly severely curtail emigration to Europe Spain if you have to wait until 75 for an S1 !
hi yes i agree but can they change the law that quick i am 62 considering the b word can it be done that quick .

Last edited by el collado kid; Aug 28th 2019 at 3:22 pm. Reason: b word
Old Aug 28th 2019, 6:12 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

How did you manage to get on the Spanish NHS as you are not of UK pensionable age? Are you autónomo or working on a contract?
Old Aug 28th 2019, 7:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

They seemed to add 6 years onto my wife's pension easy enough at short notice!
Old Aug 28th 2019, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

lurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond reputelurchio has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
How did you manage to get on the Spanish NHS as you are not of UK pensionable age? Are you autónomo or working on a contract?
Hi, Fred! I am 62 and currently on Spanish NHS. Live in Andalucia and was paying into the Convenio Especial which was then suspended in July last year, and we were put on Universal Healthcare with 40% off prescriptions! Didn't ASK, just had a letter confirming and a refund of that months payment. Do not know what the future holds, but that's what happened in Andalucia to the Convenio people. I am early retired by the way.
Old Aug 29th 2019, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fred James
hi fred.wife is autonomo and i piggy back her.the health care here in spain private or nhs is very very good and happy with all the care i,ve had
Old Aug 29th 2019, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el collado kid
i, am 62,
62 and still a kid
Or just young at heart?
Old Aug 29th 2019, 10:51 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lurchio
Hi, Fred! I am 62 and currently on Spanish NHS. Live in Andalucia and was paying into the Convenio Especial which was then suspended in July last year, and we were put on Universal Healthcare with 40% off prescriptions! Didn't ASK, just had a letter confirming and a refund of that months payment. Do not know what the future holds, but that's what happened in Andalucia to the Convenio people. I am early retired by the way.
Hola Lurchio,

The Convenio especial has been reinstated. As for the age you retire at - I've heard Spain is talking about 85 in the future as we tend to live longer these days

Davexf,
Old Aug 29th 2019, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
62 and still a kid
Or just young at heart?
hi fred,yes i,m young at heart although it,s dodgy,still a kid but find it difficult around all these adults