pc nightmare

Old Jun 2nd 2006, 7:34 am
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of
Default pc nightmare

oh what have i done this morning........
sorry again.... i accidently downloaded something fm hotmail (some tool bar thingy) and i keep getting pop ups. Now i know i shouldnt have done this, magpie on my mind. have looked under control panel to see if anything was there that i could take off, cant see anything.
this is driving me bonkers, hellllllll p please
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 7:50 am
stevetheradio

stevetheradio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: pc nightmare

Originally Posted by patsywhitehair
sorry again.... i accidently downloaded something fm hotmail (some tool bar thingy) and i keep getting pop ups. Now i know i shouldnt have done this, magpie on my mind. have looked under control panel to see if anything was there that i could take off, cant see anything.

If its an unwanted toolbar, then click on 'view'..'toolbars' and then remove the 'tick' if there is one......if it isnt there then download and run a utility such as ad-aware or spybot and see what that comes up with.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 8:34 am
YMF
Forum Regular

YMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to allYMF is a name known to all

Also some toolbars can be removed permanently by going to control panel, add/ remove programs.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Unexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really nice

You mean, in your Internet browser, I take it?
If you're using Microsoft Internet Explorer, click on the "Tools" menu, then "Manage Add-ons ...", then locate the offending component in the list, select it and click on "Disable" and then, finally, on "OK".

Doing the right-click on blank space in the toolbar area and "hide toolbar" thing just hides it, but it is still running and doing things in the background unless you disable it as per my instructions above.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

If none of these things work and you have XP you could try going back to a restore point. Alternatively, if this is an IE toolbar you could download and use Firefox as a browser instead which is far superior to IE.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 4:02 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Or Opera
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Unexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really nice

Originally Posted by jdr
Or Opera
Or MSIE which is more compatible than Firefox Damn, why do we have to re-hash this discussion everytime?

Politics, religion and operating systems and applications - topics to be avoided at the dinner table
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 4:38 pm
stevetheradio

stevetheradio is an unknown quantity at this point

Or Linux.....
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Where do I find the sterling pounds sign on a Spanish keyboard?
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by glynis
Try Shift and 3 or "Alt Gr" and 3, or if no Alt Gr key use Alt Control 3.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 4:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi glynis,

The euro on an English keyboard is alongside the figure 4 so you press ctrl & alt together and then the 4/€ sign at the same time and low and behold up pops the euro. Could be the same in reverse so to speak.

Regards,

John.
Originally Posted by glynis
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

To get the £ sign you have to hold down 'alt' and press 1-5-6 on the numeric keypad.
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

alt gr & 3 = #

shift and 3 = ·

alt and 3 = nothing

alt and 156 on the numeric = £ beach is right again
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

£ - Yesssssssssssss, it works. thanks
Old Jun 4th 2006, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

coralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nice

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
If none of these things work and you have XP you could try going back to a restore point. Alternatively, if this is an IE toolbar you could download and use Firefox as a browser instead which is far superior to IE.
Changing browswer might help reduce problems, but it's probably worth running spybot and ad-aware to get rid of the nasties that are already on the system. It helps, but isn't necessary, to know what you're doing with these, because they may clear down cookies and so on that you actually find useful. These can always be set up again the next time you're asked to set something up for one of your websites.

http://www.download.com/3000-8022-10122137.html
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

They may not be able to get rid of everything, though, and the restore point is a good idea that may help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.