Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

PAYG for mainly broadband & texts in Spain.

PAYG for mainly broadband & texts in Spain.

Old Jul 1st 2012, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

SAPFO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PAYG for mainly broadband & texts in Spain.

Can anybody recommend a PAYG sim for short term broadband/text use in Spain that I can just stick in my open Galaxy S3 which requires a micro sim?

Also, is it worth purchasing one before hand, or are they readily available in Reus Airport, or Salou?

I have searched, but have not found anything for what I require.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: PAYG for mainly broadband & texts in Spain.

Nobody?
Old Jul 1st 2012, 7:32 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SAPFO
Nobody?
Spain 2, Italy 0

half time in a couple of mins - you might get a reply then

sorry I can't answer your question though................
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 10:24 am
Just Joined

Ha Ha yes, I was watching it too. I see this on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPANISH-PA...ht_3860wt_1037

Are these ok? How would I top up?
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

frigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud of

You can top up at any supermarket or garage. Give the till person your number and a few euros and they'll top up in a couple of seconds. You can also top up on vodefone.es but i think you may need a spanish credit or debit card

Vod's as good as any other operator. In the absence of any other recs i'd go for this. I'm actually surprised no one has commented on your post with advice.

You can buy the sims cheaper in spain but you have to go through a bureaucratic process of registering at a vodafone shop handing over passport details etc. In spain that takes 5 or 10 minutes because they do love their multiple forms and slow data entry into the computer. And quite often they'll want to finish chatting to their mate which can take another 10 minutes.

Far better and quicker to do all that rubbish over the internet and get your sim before you go.

Surely someone else on this forum uses these things and may have a better network option for your destination. The silence on the subject is strange, to say the least.
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your reply. I never thought it would be so difficult to research PAYG in Spain. Here in the UK they are practically given away anonymously.

(SNIP)

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Jul 2nd 2012 at 2:15 pm. Reason: link removed to enable post