PAYG eSim

Old Nov 9th 2023, 9:14 pm
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PAYG eSim

Originally Posted by SanNico
Currently we have 3 eSIMs, each with 49GB/mth for 5 Euro each, 1/3rd of which you can use for roaming plus unlimited calls.
Less admin makes me happier. They also have an energy plan but I'm not quite ready to add that egg to the same basket.
5 Euro each for unlimited calls and 49GB each per month? That is a darn good deal.

I definitely see the point in less admin when it comes to additional products. If you can get Netflix and Prime all handled in one package with your mobile numbers and home internet then that is ideal.

Originally Posted by Fred James
Movistar do eSims
Thanks, I just checked my provider Digi which is on Movistar and indeed they are already offering eSIMs. My only worry is whether they're using them just for contracts or also for PAYG. I'm currently on a contract (with no min. term) but should I choose to move to prepaid in the future I hope I won't have to switch from eSIM to regular SIM just for this.
Old Nov 9th 2023, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

growinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by astera
5 Euro each for unlimited calls and 49GB each per month? That is a darn good deal.

I definitely see the point in less admin when it comes to additional products. If you can get Netflix and Prime all handled in one package with your mobile numbers and home internet then that is ideal.

Thanks, I just checked my provider Digi which is on Movistar and indeed they are already offering eSIMs. My only worry is whether they're using them just for contracts or also for PAYG. I'm currently on a contract (with no min. term) but should I choose to move to prepaid in the future I hope I won't have to switch from eSIM to regular SIM just for this.
Walk in a store or telephone and ask or look at the offers on the website should satisfy your worry..
Old Nov 12th 2023, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
Movistar do eSims
unless anything has changed recently it’s on contract only.
Old Nov 12th 2023, 11:44 pm

astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

DIGI do eSIMs and apparently you can make the switch online without having to contact them. I'll make the changeover any day now and post about the experience...
Old Nov 15th 2023, 12:34 pm

Just switched from a DIGI SIM to eSIM and it was super simple.

After asking for the switch from your user panel you get an email with a QR code that then you just scan that and follow the instructions. Couldn't be easier...
Old Nov 16th 2023, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

Guessing it will take 6-12 months for the multiSIM option to be introduced for Apple Watch. Glad to hear it went well.
Old Nov 16th 2023, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by SanNico
Guessing it will take 6-12 months for the multiSIM option to be introduced for Apple Watch. Glad to hear it went well.
We have one of those with the preinstalled eSIM but haven't gotten round to seeing if we can add it to one of our current numbers. I'm surprised at the slow pace at which operators are embracing the Apple Watch with cellular capability... I mean it's been around for a long, long while.