PAYG eSim

Old May 3rd 2023, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PAYG eSim

The Simyo deal is pretty impressive, I almost switched until I saw UK roaming is not included. We only visit the UK 2 or times per year but 1GB of data per visit breaks the deal. The thing to remember with all of them is the bundle deal. With Digi we only pay 8 for 50GB and 6 for 20GB as it's in the bundle. The total for 1Gb fiber, 2x20GB and 1x50GB SIM is just 50/month. If we lived in an area with Smart-Fiber it would be 10 Euro less, or 5 Euro less with 10Gb fiber.

As already mentioned they don't provide eSIMs yet.
Old May 3rd 2023, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

rbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
A friend of mine who was on Simyo lost his phone and Sim card. He also ended up locked out of Google and only way they would send him new log in details was by email no good as locked out or SMS to registered phone. I suggested only way to resolve it was as he bought a new phone get SIMYO to send a new Sim card with his original number. Not so simple with SIMYO they won't send it without him providing the PUK code which he doesn't have. SIMYO were OK with him on the phone but ended up sending him to various mediart shops where they said they had staff to resolve the issue. He went to the shops they said no we can't. He ended up having to buy a new sim different provider but can't resolve the other issues. I was of the belief that your provider can provide the details after you answer security questions and send out a new sim?
I've no experience with SIMYO but every provider I have ever dealt with provides this option via your personal account area on their web site. Losing a phone is pretty routine stuff, so I just checked on the SIMYO web site and this is what I found:

--------------------------------------

¿Qué puedo hacer si se rompe mi tarjeta SIM, la pierdo o necesito cambiarla por una MicroSIM/NanoSIM?

Para pedir un duplicado sólo tienes que entrar en tu área personal y solicitarlo. También puedes llamarnos gratis al 1644 y te enviaremos otra tarjeta.

Recibirás una tarjeta “Triple SIM” de simyo, con un troquelado especial que la hace compatible con SIM, MicroSIM y NanoSIM. Así no tendrás que andar pidiendo una tarjeta nueva cada vez que cambias de móvil.

La SIM es gratuita, se te cobrarán los gastos de envío (7€ IVA incluido). El duplicado te llegará al cabo de un par de días, una vez que te llegue, sólo tendrás que entrar en tu área personal (en “Activar mi duplicado de SIM”) o llamarnos por teléfono al 1644 para que desactivemos tu antigua SIM y activemos el duplicado que acabas de recibir.
---------------------------------
Old May 3rd 2023, 9:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rbs_gb
I've no experience with SIMYO but every provider I have ever dealt with provides this option via your personal account area on their web site. Losing a phone is pretty routine stuff, so I just checked on the SIMYO web site and this is what I found:

--------------------------------------

¿Qué puedo hacer si se rompe mi tarjeta SIM, la pierdo o necesito cambiarla por una MicroSIM/NanoSIM?

Para pedir un duplicado sólo tienes que entrar en tu área personal y solicitarlo. También puedes llamarnos gratis al 1644 y te enviaremos otra tarjeta.

Recibirás una tarjeta “Triple SIM” de simyo, con un troquelado especial que la hace compatible con SIM, MicroSIM y NanoSIM. Así no tendrás que andar pidiendo una tarjeta nueva cada vez que cambias de móvil.

La SIM es gratuita, se te cobrarán los gastos de envío (7€ IVA incluido). El duplicado te llegará al cabo de un par de días, una vez que te llegue, sólo tendrás que entrar en tu área personal (en “Activar mi duplicado de SIM”) o llamarnos por teléfono al 1644 para que desactivemos tu antigua SIM y activemos el duplicado que acabas de recibir.
---------------------------------
Thanks for that information I will pass it on. Problem is the person concerned is a technophobe so whether he has the info to get into the personal area is the question. Much appreciated
Old May 3rd 2023, 10:52 am
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, all he has to do is log in to the Simyo panel and virtually everything can be done there. They are as good as it gets here in Spain when it comes to the web panel and phone app.

Even when I ported 4 prepaid numbers to Simyo all at once I did everything via their website with ease, and all 4 SIMS then arrived by mail. I imagine ordering a replacement SIM is an even faster and easier process.
Old May 3rd 2023, 12:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by astera
Yeah, all he has to do is log in to the Simyo panel and virtually everything can be done there. They are as good as it gets here in Spain when it comes to the web panel and phone app.

Even when I ported 4 prepaid numbers to Simyo all at once I did everything via their website with ease, and all 4 SIMS then arrived by mail. I imagine ordering a replacement SIM is an even faster and easier process.
Thanks
Old May 4th 2023, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
What do members think is the current best value and useable eSim for Spain? Also with UK use for trips back to UK for several weeks.
Firstly I presume you have a phone capable of using eSim tech ?

Secondly I presume you spend most of your time in Esuri, travel around the area a bit and would like your phone to also work using a single sim without additional cost whist visiting the UK for a few weeks?

If so and even if your phone is eSim enabled, Apple or Single Sim forget eSims and go for the best PAYG Spanish Sim deal that suits you needs that includes UK roaming.

Best

Loco

PS As you are in Esuri if you use much data on your phone around Esuri, from experience, best stick to Movistar or an MVNO that uses them. If your only use is for phone calls any will do.

Old May 7th 2023, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

rbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond reputerbs_gb has a reputation beyond repute

One point of detail about esims which you might need to factor in, if you have lets say a Spanish esim and a UK esim in the same phone, then if either receives a call, it will automatically block all connections on the other esim while the call is in progress. This may be important if you are using the phone in tethering mode for internet. If you are using data on one of the sims, and receive a call on that line, you are fine, but if a call comes in on the alternative line, it will block and drop the internet connection. First hand experience of that! If continuity of data streams is important, the only way to solve it is with two phones and a sim in each.

Last edited by rbs_gb; May 7th 2023 at 3:20 pm.
Old May 7th 2023, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

One point of detail about esims which you might need to factor in, if you have lets say a Spanish esim and a UK esim in the same phone, then if either receives a call, it will automatically block all connections on the other esim while the call is in progress. This may be important if you are using the phone in tethering mode for internet. If you are using data on one of the sims, and receive a call on that line, you are fine, but if a call comes in on the alternative line, it will block and drop the internet connection. First hand experience of that! If continuity of data streams is important, the only way to solve it is with two phones and a sim in each.
Not a unique problem to esims ….. if you are tethering and receive a call you are at risk of the data cutting whether it’s an esim or physical sim.
Old May 7th 2023, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by UKMS
Not a unique problem to esims ….. if you are tethering and receive a call you are at risk of the data cutting whether it’s an esim or physical sim.
I suspect that is more down to the hardware. My point specifically is on a two line set up. I've never lost a data connection if the incoming call is on the same line. However, the phone switches sim exclusively to the line that the call is on, and so if the data connection is on the other line, it gets cut immediately.
Old May 8th 2023, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

If continuity of data streams is important, the only way to solve it is with two phones and a sim in each.

we are obviously drifting OT from the original question.

However if the continuity of data is that critical then personally I wouldn’t rely on tethering to a phone in the first place, whether or not you use one or two phones/sims. If mobile data is the only option then a dedicated 3, 4 or 5G router is a good option but even then they drop from time to time.

Tethering can stay live for a very long time but equally can drop out at any time for many different reasons.

Old Nov 9th 2023, 10:42 am

astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

6 months have passed so I thought I'd ask if any of the prepaid services here have made any progress towards implementing eSIMs?
Old Nov 9th 2023, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

Pepephone issue eSIMs. I'm not sure if it's strictly PAYG but it's on a no commitment contract. I switched to them a few months back and have been very impressed. It piggybacks on the Vodafone network but somehow seems a lot faster than Vodafone and includes the UK on the EU roaming at no extra charge.

It's still not compatible with Apple watches yet though. By that I mean you can't install on a GSM enable watch. You can still use it on an Apple phone connected to an Apple watch.

I took the fiber package which includes NetFlix and Prime. Speed is good. I pay for 500Mbps but have seen 700 down, 600 up. They also allow you to upgrade to multiscreen with Netflix. It's not a huge saving but it all adds up.
Old Nov 9th 2023, 12:28 pm

Many thanks. Are you managing multiple numbers with them, perhaps via their app?

I'm still with Simyo as the app is superb and I can manage my wife and kids' numbers all in one place and with ease. They're owned by Orange so coverage is great, the only thing I'm lacking is the option to convert to eSIMs as well as UK roaming which is not included (not a biggie as I have UK eSIMs though every time we go it does cost us 5 Pounds/person to purchase a plan).

Did you go with Pepephone because of a combo deal for all your phone/internet needs? I still have everything separate from fibre to family phones even to my phone which I have with Digi.
Old Nov 9th 2023, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

If by manage you mean see their usage, change plans etc. then yes. Currently we have 3 eSIMs, each with 49GB/mth for 5 Euro each, 1/3rd of which you can use for roaming plus unlimited calls.

We changed just to save a few Euros on my annual outgoings check. We also had fiber and 3 Sims with Digi but this one includes NetFlix and Prime so it was a no brainer. Less admin makes me happier. They also have an energy plan but I'm not quite ready to add that egg to the same basket.

We don't have a landline although I think there might be one with it. We haven't used one since 2009, just stick with mobiles and internet.

Old Nov 9th 2023, 3:21 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Movistar do eSims

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.