Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

passport renewal forms Spain

passport renewal forms Spain

Old Sep 22nd 2009, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

campodog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default passport renewal forms Spain

I´m a bit confused by these forms, my 2 sons need their passports renewing does anyone know if they have to complete section 2 as this is their first adult passport, or is this just for a first passport application. It isn´t clear on the form or in the notes to me.........
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 4:21 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: passport renewal forms Spain

No they don't.

If you follow the yellow lines on the form and answer "no" to all the questions relating to place of birth etc, you get to Section 4 where you are asked whether you have had any type of passport. If you have you just send the old one in.

I've just completed my renewal today and it's a bit like Snakes and Ladders!
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 4:27 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Don`t forget the background colour on the photos can no longer be white, it has to be a pastel grey or beige as far as I can remember, so the usual Spanish shop ones will not do.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, the bit that is confusing me is, they were born after 1982, but have had a 5 year passport, it doesn´t say in the notes to ignore this if it is a renewal. I dont want to get the applications sent back
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 5:19 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Child passports are only issued for 5 years so I assume their present passports are out of date.

Don't worry about it. Once you have been issued with a UK passport of any type, they have your details and proof of DoB etc on file and a renewal is a formality.

You just need the photos and the form and the old passport.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 10:57 am
Just Joined

thanks for your help