Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

passport renewal

passport renewal

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

maryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nice
Question passport renewal

My husband and I have just renewed our passports. How will this affect our NIE's, escuita paperwork and bank account as photo copies of our old passports were neccessary for all applications? The local bank manager threw a wobbler when we wanted to withdraw a large amount of euros....and there had been a mistake with my passport number.(a couple of digets were reversed)
I am going to write to my bank manager but it ussually takes a few days for her to get back to me.
Mary
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice
Default Re: passport renewal

I lost one: The new number is totally different: Mostly it is spotted. Showing the back page that explains it replaces no 12345678 has always worked, sometimes after 1 minute and a knowing nod and somethimes after 2 hours or more having been taken away, 5 staff looking at it and for good measure anyone else standing in the public office getting to thumb though the pages.

Best

Loco

Originally Posted by maryg
My husband and I have just renewed our passports. How will this affect our NIE's, escuita paperwork and bank account as photo copies of our old passports were neccessary for all applications? The local bank manager threw a wobbler when we wanted to withdraw a large amount of euros....and there had been a mistake with my passport number.(a couple of digets were reversed)
I am going to write to my bank manager but it ussually takes a few days for her to get back to me.
Mary
Old Aug 24th 2005, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

maryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nice

Oh my God! It's stuff like this that worries me.....I am learning Spanish but the thought of having to cope in official situations really freaks me out. I think I'll carry my old passports with me. (I'll need a ruck sack with all the bits and pieces....photo copies of NIES, Drivers Licence, E111, Car Insurance, etc!)
Thanks for your reply,
Mary
Old Aug 24th 2005, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

countryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by maryg
Oh my God! It's stuff like this that worries me.....I am learning Spanish but the thought of having to cope in official situations really freaks me out. I think I'll carry my old passports with me. (I'll need a ruck sack with all the bits and pieces....photo copies of NIES, Drivers Licence, E111, Car Insurance, etc!)
Thanks for your reply,
Mary
Just a word of advice Mary, you will have to be very careful about what you carry around with you, it has been known for some people to carry all their valubales in the one place and for it to be STOLEN then where will you be? so be very careful with your belongings.....

David