Reload this Page >

Benefits in Spain

Benefits in Spain

Old Aug 24th 2005, 10:47 am
Just Joined

ruthandgino is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Benefits in Spain

Hello,

I will be moving to Spain (Costa Blanca South) with my wife and 2 children. We will hopefully get jobs once over there, but i was wondering what the situation was with the Spainsh benefit system. Not that we are just going to go over and claim loads of things like people do in the UK.

I am just worried that if things turn bad and work is bad we will need a fall back option.

Can you still get any UK child related benefits whilst living in Spain.

Any advice on this would be helpfull.

Moving over around October 2005

Gino and Ruth
Old Aug 24th 2005, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

countryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Benefits in Spain

Originally Posted by ruthandgino
Hello,

I will be moving to Spain (Costa Blanca South) with my wife and 2 children. We will hopefully get jobs once over there, but i was wondering what the situation was with the Spainsh benefit system. Not that we are just going to go over and claim loads of things like people do in the UK.

I am just worried that if things turn bad and work is bad we will need a fall back option.

Can you still get any UK child related benefits whilst living in Spain.

Any advice on this would be helpfull.

Moving over around October 2005

Gino and Ruth
Hello Ruth & Gino,

I have sourced this page out for you to take a look at, it is a bit long winded but it may be of use to you. you can claim SS benefits for a short period of time but these are payed by your local dss office, these are to help you look for work in a EU country, but after that short period the payments will stop. Unless you have paid into the Spanish system you will not get any benefits.

Services and benefits

I do hope this will be of help to you and your family dont forget to respond to me from your last post about your daughter and moving to Spain.
David..
Old Aug 24th 2005, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

Melosine is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/lifeevent/benefits/atoz.asp#c

Using the index you can find out how your benefits are affected by moving within the EU.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

ruthandgino is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to both of you guys for the reply, vey usefull information

Ruth & Gino