Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Making friends in Chiclana

Making friends in Chiclana

Old Jul 27th 2005, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

hipo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Making friends in Chiclana

I live on and off in Chiclana and hope to move here permanently, my only concern is that it seems to be difficult to meet people to do things with. Mostly there are couples and families which seems to mean as a mature single female it is impossible to break into. Does anyone know of any groups, tea mornings or whatever you want to call them, going on in the area. I am normal by all accounts, like to eat and drink and make the most of the area and the activities available of which there are lots but unfortunately doing it alone isn´t exactly fun.

Old Jul 29th 2005, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

accommodation-in-spain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Making friends in Chiclana

Hi Hipo

I believe there is a bar in La Barrosa called Nickos or Nikos - not sure how it is spelt but English people meet up there.

Good luck
Old Jul 29th 2005, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

steve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to all

Nico's has moved to the las gallos area, nice new building & alot bigger still very friendly though
Old Jul 29th 2005, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Hipo

No problem, although I am married I am very much used to being independent and "doing my own thing" back in the UK. I don't tend to frequent "English" bars preferring the ventas and coffee houses. In the Autumn I will be looking to try to join a dance class or pilates and would be happy to meet you. I am definitely in the "mature" bracket but only in body!
Old Jul 29th 2005, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

cindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by accommodation-in-spain
Hi Hipo

I believe there is a bar in La Barrosa called Nickos or Nikos - not sure how it is spelt but English people meet up there.

Good luck
I think there is also a pub/bar called Browns, again run by English people and I gather frequented by English ex-pats among others - it's near the Bongo nightclub (good place to make friends I would think) - both are near the Supersol supermarket which is well signposted in La Barrosa (well, I think just outside Barossa). I haven't yet been to either but the guy who looks after our house lives in Barossa and is a mine of information.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

hipo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by glynis
Hi Hipo

No problem, although I am married I am very much used to being independent and "doing my own thing" back in the UK. I don't tend to frequent "English" bars preferring the ventas and coffee houses. In the Autumn I will be looking to try to join a dance class or pilates and would be happy to meet you. I am definitely in the "mature" bracket but only in body!

Sounds good to me, I don´t tend to go to the english bars either. I am here with my daughter for the next four weeks. As said, I am back and forward and as soon as I sell up at home I will be here on a permanant basis. There are plenty of things to do and see here and it would be obviously far my enjoyable to try them out with someone. Keep me posted on your plans and I would be more than happy to join the classes with you.

Thank you for positive reply.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 5:29 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Yes I know what you mean, but there are no real singles clubs around here, but there used to be one at the San Andreas Golf club bar (Los Faroles) about 7-30 on a wednesday, entitled Sad Lonely Old Gits (SLOG) run by Maggie - will try to find out if it is stil running

Dave
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

shoo will become famous soon enoughshoo will become famous soon enough

Hipo, take your time, don’t be pushy with people, go about your business enjoying your life and before you know it you’ll be wondering “why on earth was I worrying�

Saw this quote in a book I’m reading so when I saw your post, I just had to pass it on.

“Those who wish to sing always find a song�.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:42 am
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Hipo,

If you contact me directly, I will put you in touch with Maggie (i won´t give out her number on a generalised notice board) so email davexfisher at hotmail.com
or tel / text 666 259 810

Dave
Old Aug 24th 2005, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Hipo

If you want to meet for a coffee and a chat, send me an email at [email protected].

Hi Dave.