Passport farce

Old Dec 19th 2011, 11:56 am
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Passport farce

Has anyone else had problems with the delivery of a new passport? I paid for and ordered a new passport in the begining of September, recieved my old on back in the end of September and am still waiting for my new one.
I have to say that communication at the British consulate is either non excistant or it's been one 'ell of a long April fools day!
Despite me calling them (not the easyest thing to do as they don't really answer the phones for passport related issues) and emailing several of them not one of them seems to have received my emails (or at least this is what I was told) with my new address. I paid for my passport (not a cheap item) and then am expected to call a number at €1-18 / minute to find out why I don't have it yet.
DHL have not made any call to me to let me know they were having problems, it's almost Christmas and I've been 3 months without a passport, official identification and stuck on an island.
Absolutely pathetic!!!
Old Dec 19th 2011, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport farce

Just got mine back in around 4 weeks, something has obviously gone wrong. You seem to mention new address have you moved mid process? or changed your email or telephone number? I am surprised they have not contacted you somehow if they have a problem delivering it. Or have they and someone else took receipt of it?
Suggest you visit your nearest consulate and plead for help. They cal also issue an emergency one if you need to travel.
Good luck.
Old Dec 19th 2011, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Is this renewing from Spain?

If so, I am surprised. I did mine about 18 months ago and it was back within a week.

Lord, I had forgotten you were on an island. I'd be tempted to report it to them as missing, though it should come recorded delivery shouldn't it? So it can't get lost?

Sorry I can't offer anything useful, but you have my sympathy.
Old Dec 19th 2011, 5:45 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madridboy
Has anyone else had problems with the delivery of a new passport? I paid for and ordered a new passport in the begining of September, recieved my old on back in the end of September and am still waiting for my new one.
I have to say that communication at the British consulate is either non excistant or it's been one 'ell of a long April fools day!
Despite me calling them (not the easyest thing to do as they don't really answer the phones for passport related issues) and emailing several of them not one of them seems to have received my emails (or at least this is what I was told) with my new address. I paid for my passport (not a cheap item) and then am expected to call a number at €1-18 / minute to find out why I don't have it yet.
DHL have not made any call to me to let me know they were having problems, it's almost Christmas and I've been 3 months without a passport, official identification and stuck on an island.
Absolutely pathetic!!!
Oh No, you must be frantic,

I was so worried this might happen to me but I did mine 8 months early in case but it was no problem, only took about three weeks, so there must be something wrong. Have a look if the money has gone from your card, that might give you some ideas. I' sure it will end well soon, all the best.
Old Dec 20th 2011, 6:05 am
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

I contacted them several times and was told that they were on it, this was obviously complete lies as the ONLY reason this is now getting sorted is because the office in London made a random call to ask how the service was with DHL as they had just made a new contract with them and the girl was very surprised to hear I hadn't got mine yet. I made contact with 2 people in Madrid via email and made several phone calls that were never gratefuly received as they expected me to make an extortionate phone call instead.
The worst part is, I have a problem with what was initialy a small fine from hacienda but because I didn't have a current up to date identification that fault has now hugely risen and all because of negligence from them not returning my passsport in time. I've had the same mobile number and email addy for years and nobody made any attempt to contact me.
Old Dec 20th 2011, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute

...........and made several phone calls that were never gratefuly received as they expected me to make an extortionate phone call instead.
Perhaps it's time to bite the bullet and phone the correct ( €1-18 / minute ), number. It seems from what you've told us so far, that most of your efforts seem to be focused on avoiding the 'user pays' phone service, when a ten minute call to the correct number could quite possibly have resolved the issue.

Best of luck with it
Old Dec 21st 2011, 5:07 pm
Yaaarp

I've now been told it's on its' way but this has only started to move due to the random phone call I recieved from the London office. Absolutely pathetic service from the Madrid office.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

busters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond reputebusters mum has a reputation beyond repute

Wow ! paperwork sent on 23rd December, money taken from bank 28th December............ passport arrived today !!
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 1:30 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busters mum
Wow ! paperwork sent on 23rd December, money taken from bank 28th December............ passport arrived today !!
Pheeeeeeeeew well done end of crisis
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 2:36 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anonimouse
Pheeeeeeeeew well done end of crisis

Maybe not for Madridboy
Old Feb 11th 2012, 5:57 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely pathetic!!!
The passport printing was repatriated back to the UK in August and the contract switched to DHL. There have been some *ahem* teething problems for a few unlucky people. Madridboy, did you receive your passport in the end?
Old Feb 12th 2012, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Let us know outcome Madridboy.

DHL are useless, we live at a very accesable area well top of town so have to give directions etc but DHL will not come here, so we have to go to them. Now MRW arrive on the drive, also other deliveries get to us.

Anyway let us know the outcome, does sound like you are or were the unlucky one, our passports were back from Madrid within 10 days.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

AndL is an unknown quantity at this point

Done 2 in the last few monthd - 1 for a newborn and a renewal for me. Took about 10 days each time! I've done them in the past too and found much quicker than the UK but we certainly pay for the priviledge!! Seems you are the one who "got lost in the post"