partner status

Old Mar 4th 2013, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

dairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nice
Default partner status

My partner (UK nat.)is basically íllegal ..... in that his residencia ran out and he never renewed it so he´s not really registered anywhere.

I work here and have enough income to support us both. He has no income. Can I register him as my partner (not husband) so that he can get his residencia and also health care if required?
Old Mar 4th 2013, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

avocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud ofavocados has much to be proud of
Default Re: partner status

Go to town hall and register as Pareja de Hecho;

Then go to police station and sort out the green certificate.

After ONE year (I think) as a registered couple, he will get medical cover. Go to INSS and sort out the documentation. You will need to prove cohabitation, possibly.

If he wants cover now, get married; 2 options in marriage contract - choose the one that doesn't link you fiscally (if that's your reason for not wanting to marry). I can't think of the terms.

P.S. Your partner is not illegal!!! and should not be referred to in those terms. He has merely not performed certain administrative duties. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Last edited by avocados; Mar 4th 2013 at 10:06 am. Reason: extra
Old Mar 4th 2013, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

dairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nice

Thanks for the info....I´ll check it all out with mr Google!
Old Mar 4th 2013, 10:24 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by avocados

P.S. Your partner is not illegal!!! and should not be referred to in those terms. He has merely not performed certain administrative duties. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
If he isn't doing a tax declaration in Spain, then he is certainly acting illegally. Even if he isn't working, that is one requirement to live legally in Spain.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
If he isn't doing a tax declaration in Spain, then he is certainly acting illegally. Even if he isn't working, that is one requirement to live legally in Spain.
Somebody should tell the Hacienda staff then! When I'd been resident in Spain for one full tax year, I rang the Madrid number and got an appointment at my local office to go in and have them complete my tax return online. Went along with all my paperwork, including copies of bank statement for them to see, and explained my circumstances - early retired, a small amount of income from savings interest, would be drawing down capital each year to live on until I started to receive a pension in 8 years' time (as it was then). We don't require you to do a tax return, said the lady, and we don't need to see you again until you start to receive your pension. I asked if they could somehow record on their system that that was the case, and to date I've had no further contact from them, I certainly haven't received one of the letters they have been sending out to people who own property in Spain but have not submitted tax returns (unlike at least one person I know).
Old Mar 4th 2013, 12:31 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
Somebody should tell the Hacienda staff then! When I'd been resident in Spain for one full tax year, I rang the Madrid number and got an appointment at my local office to go in and have them complete my tax return online. Went along with all my paperwork, including copies of bank statement for them to see, and explained my circumstances - early retired, a small amount of income from savings interest, would be drawing down capital each year to live on until I started to receive a pension in 8 years' time (as it was then). We don't require you to do a tax return, said the lady, and we don't need to see you again until you start to receive your pension. I asked if they could somehow record on their system that that was the case, and to date I've had no further contact from them, I certainly haven't received one of the letters they have been sending out to people who own property in Spain but have not submitted tax returns (unlike at least one person I know).
ahhh - but if you had been submitting tax returns you'd now be able to access free state healthcare.........
Old Mar 4th 2013, 12:38 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dairymaid
My partner (UK nat.)is basically íllegal ..... in that his residencia ran out and he never renewed it so he´s not really registered anywhere.

I work here and have enough income to support us both. He has no income. Can I register him as my partner (not husband) so that he can get his residencia and also health care if required?
in my area (Valencia) & in many others but not all, you need to prove that you have lived together for 12 months in order to register as pareja de hecho

your partner would have the same entitlements as a spouse from the date of registration

I'm pretty certain though that he'd need to be registered as resident before he can register as pareja de hecho, so he might be in a bit of a catch 22
Old Mar 4th 2013, 1:49 pm
No es moco de pavo

Elle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond repute

You also need to get a Certificado de Convivencia from your Town Hall for him to benefit from your payments. It only costs a very small amount - couple of euros I think. You will need to prove you have been living together for a while - joint rental contract is ok for that... plus everything like passports and Residencia photocopied a number of times.
Elle x
Old Mar 4th 2013, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
ahhh - but if you had been submitting tax returns you'd now be able to access free state healthcare.........
Maybe so - until they change the rules again! I'm sticking with the devil I know until the OH reaches 65 in 18 months' time.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 12:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
Maybe so - until they change the rules again! I'm sticking with the devil I know until the OH reaches 65 in 18 months' time.
........... is this just because of the pensionable age thing or does that apply (can't believe it does) to everyone submitting a tax return?
Old Mar 6th 2013, 1:07 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by fionamw
........... is this just because of the pensionable age thing or does that apply (can't believe it does) to everyone submitting a tax return?
I couldn't believe it either - but it's happened/is happening

more & more people who I know personally are accessing the state health system now where they couldn't before the new rules came into place

essentially if you were registered as resident & submitting tax returns before April 24th 2012 you are now entitled to do just that - no matter what your age

at least as many people I know are also now kicking themselves for staying 'under the radar'
Old Mar 6th 2013, 1:19 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't believe it either - but it's happened/is happening

more & more people who I know personally are accessing the state health system now where they couldn't before the new rules came into place

essentially if you were registered as resident & submitting tax returns before April 24th 2012 you are now entitled to do just that - no matter what your age

at least as many people I know are also now kicking themselves for staying 'under the radar'
But NOT if you live slightly north of you and have to apply to Valencia.

Alicante is fine, but Valencia are NOT implementing this new law yet!!

I have this answer from 'the powers that be'.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 2:04 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by snikpoh
But NOT if you live slightly north of you and have to apply to Valencia.

Alicante is fine, but Valencia are NOT implementing this new law yet!!

I have this answer from 'the powers that be'.
you're joking!! I thought they were sorting that out!!
Old Mar 6th 2013, 3:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Well I think I count as 'below the radar' .... but only because a NOTARY advised me I didn't need to submit a return because my "income" ( I use the word with a wry grin as it's SOOO low) was low.
In fact visiting hacienda is literally on my list of things to do this week, before reading this thread
Old Mar 6th 2013, 3:13 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by fionamw
Well I think I count as 'below the radar' .... but only because a NOTARY advised me I didn't need to submit a return because my "income" ( I use the word with a wry grin as it's SOOO low) was low.
In fact visiting hacienda is literally on my list of things to do this week, before reading this thread
a lot of asesores/gestores etc. did tell people not to bother

I do know of a few people who have got into the system because they were registered as resident, even though they hadn't done tax returns - they got the 'legislation letter' from the DWP & that did the trick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.