Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Which part of Spain has the best climate?

Which part of Spain has the best climate?

Old Oct 7th 2009, 7:31 am
UK Bound

keep smiling is a jewel in the roughkeep smiling is a jewel in the roughkeep smiling is a jewel in the roughkeep smiling is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: Which part of Spain has the best climate?

Sorry, but I don't agree with the poster who said Tenerife is wet - we are longing for some rain here.... We usually get a few showers at the end of the year, then a few storms from Jan to March, then that's about it ! If you are looking for all-year sunshine (mostly) then you can't get any better than Tenerife. By the way, we have lived here 18 years so have had plenty of experience.

Also, there are lots of lovely places to check out with regard to living - my villa for sale being one of them so I can throughly recommend living here.

Hope your friend finds what he is looking for..
Old Oct 7th 2009, 8:27 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which part of Spain has the best climate?

Thanks everyone for their helpful input. Certainly some interesting things to think over.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of
Exclamation Re: Which part of Spain has the best climate?

Originally Posted by HBG
Alicante Province is in the middle of a nasty Gota Fria, with all the trimmings, thunder, lightning, torrential rain, flooded roads, terrified dogs, missing cats, power cuts, and my swimming pool is within an inch of overflowing and the pump isn't working.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egswyfeiYu8

DSB.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 3:43 pm
No es moco de pavo

Elle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond reputeElle1971 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which part of Spain has the best climate?

I would definitely include Lanzarote in the list... as our weather is extremely even. We lack the stunning snowcapped moutains of Tenerife... but if it's eternal spring your pal is after - then here is where it's at.

However - if he's dead set against an island, then Lanzarote won't be suitable... as it can feel a little claustrophobic for some. Personally I love it - but I know that hubby misses getting in the car and driving for hundreds of miles for example.

Elle xx