Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Parents, children and finances.

Parents, children and finances.

Old Sep 26th 2010, 7:18 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Parents, children and finances.

We met a couple the other day, they have a 14 year old.

We got talking and they said that they would have liked more children, but due to lack of finances they only had one.

One of the women in the group asked " If you had a good, stable income and had the nice house, good cars, could travel, could spend all day buying shoes and such in the Corte Ingles and never had to worry about money every again- how many children would you like to have?

The couple in questin looked at each other and both answered at the same time........

NONE

Old Sep 26th 2010, 7:30 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parents, children and finances.

Originally Posted by JLFS
We met a couple the other day, they have a 14 year old.

We got talking and they said that they would have liked more children, but due to lack of finances they only had one.

One of the women in the group asked " If you had a good, stable income and had the nice house, good cars, could travel, could spend all day buying shoes and such in the Corte Ingles and never had to worry about money every again- how many children would you like to have?

The couple in questin looked at each other and both answered at the same time........

NONE

more to the point - they could have all that IF they had no kids!
Old Sep 26th 2010, 10:22 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parents, children and finances.

I remember going into a shop in London to buy school uniforms for my children, I had more than one. It was the only shop that supplied these uniforms and their prices were ridiculous.

My hand was shaking as I wrote out the cheque for far more than I had in the bank. I then went into the off licence next door and bought an expensive and rare bottle of whiskey, for my bank manager.

We used to holiday in a caravan on the Essex coast. Without children, we would have been in the Bahamas.

And I’m still sending off cheques now, loads of them.