Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Parcels from and to Spain.

Parcels from and to Spain.

Old Jan 14th 2011, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really niceThe Pope is just really nice
Default Re: Parcels from and to Spain.

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Has anyone had problems recently. I sent two parcels from Spain to a friend in the USA. One was registered and one wasn´t. Neither arrived. A friend sent me a present for Christmas from Oz it never got here. Now I am waiting for some glasses from Specsavers that were posted registered post 7 days ago no sign of them.
I had some product delivered from the US before xmas and apart from in sat in Madrid customs for 3 weeks everything was fine....

Mrs P ordered a vacuum cleaner last Thursday on Amazon UK, and it arrived earlier this week.... not that was quick
Old Jan 14th 2011, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Amazon already deliver to Spain from the UK though, don't they? And after buying up BuyVip they intend to expand their Spanish operations. Indeed they're now advertising for Spanish personnel amazon busca personal
Which will increase the pressure on this outfit who currently serve the Spanish market http://www.casadellibro.com/
I think they must have some sort of depot here now as the last two items I ordered came next day from a Spanish address.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=steviedeluxe;9101006]Amazon already deliver to Spain from the UK though, don't they? And after buying up BuyVip they intend to expand their Spanish operations. Indeed they're now advertising for Spanish personnel amazon busca personal
Which will increase the pressure on this outfit who currently serve the Spanish market http://www.casadellibro.com/[/QUOTE
Amazon send through MRW here. and they are really unreliable. Well, goods get to the office but they don't bother to bring them on here. I always have to go there (18km away) and the always say they tried to deliver but we weren't in. But I was always here when they said they came!

Missing Parcels:-
I asked in my post office today and they said a lot of parcels had been delayed through backlogs of airfreight due to bad weather across Europe and America.

By The way, just for information, international parcel rates at the post office have just changed and the level of charges for 1 DVD at just over 100g has leaped to 9.70 euros to zone 2 (rest of world) OUCH! But its the same right up to 300grammes.
I've had to change my DVDs to superslim cases and slightly smaller envelopes and less paperwork and got it back down to 2.40. A big difference!
Also postage seems to have just become IVA exempt making accounting for it much easier.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

NadiaN has a brilliant futureNadiaN has a brilliant futureNadiaN has a brilliant futureNadiaN has a brilliant futureNadiaN has a brilliant futureNadiaN has a brilliant futureNadiaN has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by twistedmelon
Spanish postal service has for years been notorious for its poor service even the Spanish don't trust it.
I have lost count of the stuff I have lost.
So you are not alone for sure.
They haven't lost any of my parcels yet, but they always seem to take at least 2 months to arrive. I have a friend who sends me birthday and Christmas presents from Canada. He posted my Christmas present package in mid November, and it has not arrived yet. And Christmas before last, I got my present in February

On the other hand, I had pre-ordered a book from Amazon.ca, and they sent it via DHL by mistake (it was supposed to be sent by Canada Post). They shipped it on the 6th and I got it on the 10th. I think the only way to receive parcels in Spain in a timely manner is by courier.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angiescarr
Amazon send through MRW here. and they are really unreliable. Well, goods get to the office but they don't bother to bring them on here. I always have to go there (18km away) and the always say they tried to deliver but we weren't in. But I was always here when they said they came!
Yes MRW are very unreliable!
I ordered a book from Amazon on the 6th of December, it was passed to MRW the following day so I expected delivery within a couple of days at most.
When nothing arrived after me staying in for a full week I went onto their web site to track it....it said the address was incomplete. I rang them to confirmed my address. which was the one they had... and they said it would be delivered the following day....it wasn't!
To cut a long story short, my final phone call to them lasted a full half hour, they kept insisting they didn't know where I lived, even though I explained to them in Spanish as well as in English and explained exactly where it was on the map, even giving them the distance from Alora.
They actually asked me to pick the parcel up myself from Malaga (45 kms away), only when I said that I was going to complain to Amazon did they miraculously decide that they knew where (on a bus route) my house is.
The parcel arrived the following day the 20th of December, without them having to call me for any directions at all.

MRW are a complete waste of time!
Old Jan 16th 2011, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megmet
Yes MRW are very unreliable!
I ordered a book from Amazon on the 6th of December, it was passed to MRW the following day so I expected delivery within a couple of days at most.
When nothing arrived after me staying in for a full week I went onto their web site to track it....it said the address was incomplete. I rang them to confirmed my address. which was the one they had... and they said it would be delivered the following day....it wasn't!
To cut a long story short, my final phone call to them lasted a full half hour, they kept insisting they didn't know where I lived, even though I explained to them in Spanish as well as in English and explained exactly where it was on the map, even giving them the distance from Alora.
They actually asked me to pick the parcel up myself from Malaga (45 kms away), only when I said that I was going to complain to Amazon did they miraculously decide that they knew where (on a bus route) my house is.
The parcel arrived the following day the 20th of December, without them having to call me for any directions at all.

MRW are a complete waste of time!
I thoroughly agree with this. The courier is rubbish. They do not even bother finding out where we live because somehow they found out our kids went to the school in the town and they now take any parcels to the school - this saves the courier a round trip of 30kms. The boys then bring the parcel back home with them on the school bus.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 5:00 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

MRW are brilliant in my area, never had any problems. On two occasions I have had telephone calls from the driver because his GPS could not take him to my house because it said the address was wrong. Our street has two names so I gave them the other name and they arrived in minutes. I live in a town not in the campo so mmmaybe that is why my experiences with them have been positive, but I must say that I rate them highly.

Rosemary
Old Jan 16th 2011, 6:22 am
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of

Amazon already deliver to Spain from the UK though, don't they? And after buying up BuyVip they intend to expand their Spanish operations. Indeed they're now advertising for Spanish personnel amazon busca personal
Which will increase the pressure on this outfit who currently serve the Spanish market http://www.casadellibro.com/
Buyvip looks quite interesting, if I could read in English, HELP ?
It certainly is affiliated with AmazonEU.

DSB.
Old Jan 16th 2011, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

fadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the rough

i have mailed 3 packages back to canada and they have all arrived and didnt take that long. very very expensive to send but they got there
Old Jan 16th 2011, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
MRW are brilliant in my area, never had any problems. On two occasions I have had telephone calls from the driver because his GPS could not take him to my house because it said the address was wrong. Our street has two names so I gave them the other name and they arrived in minutes. I live in a town not in the campo so mmmaybe that is why my experiences with them have been positive, but I must say that I rate them highly.

Rosemary
I think that is the problem!
Our daughter lives in Mijas and has a business in Torremolinos, she has no problems with them at all.
We on the other hand live 40 kms inland from Malaga, it appears that they don't WANT to travel that distance to deliver a parcel and will do everything they can to avoid doing so.
The experience with them was so bad that in future we will have our parcels from Amazon delivered to her and will pick them up from there ourselves.

Having said that it shouldn't be necessary as they are on a contract with Amazon to make those deliveries, and I as the customer have paid the postage for that service.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Yippee parcel arrived today a fortnight after posting. Also got one from Oz which was posted on 2nd December.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

I think delivery services in the UK were hit in December by the combination of poor road conditions due to the snow, and the normal increase in business in the lead-up to Chrimbo. Hopefully things are back to normal now.
An update.
Over the pre Xmas period I lost 200 euros worth of goods in 2 parcels. I've lost a similar amount in january alone. Some parcels posted on the same day arrived the next day, some took over 2 weeks and one simply didn't arrive at all.
One from before Xmas arrived back at my home so I put Destinatorio really clearly on the front and Remitente on the back and took it back to the post office. It never arrived with my french customer.
So. now I print remitente on my address label which is always on the back and at the edge of the parcel, And now I always send parcels with a value over 50 euros Certificado.

So, I re-posted the parcel to the poor, long-suffering French lady on Saturday. It's just arrived back with me !!! Also, because my postlady here works out of a different Post office than the one I originally posted it with I'm going to have to make a special trip to re post it! GRRRRR
Old Jan 31st 2011, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

An update.
Over the pre Xmas period I lost 200 euros worth of goods in 2 parcels. I've lost a similar amount in january alone. Some parcels posted on the same day arrived the next day, some took over 2 weeks and one simply didn't arrive at all.
One from before Xmas arrived back at my home so I put Destinatorio really clearly on the front and Remitente on the back and took it back to the post office. It never arrived with my french customer.
So. now I print remitente on my address label which is always on the back and at the edge of the parcel, And now I always send parcels with a value over 50 euros Certificado.

So, I re-posted the parcel to the poor, long-suffering French lady on Saturday. It's just arrived back with me !!! Also, because my postlady here works out of a different Post office than the one I originally posted it with I'm going to have to make a special trip to re post it! GRRRRR
That is not good.

Complaining I guess would fall on deaf ears.

If you want it to get there send it certificado....But saying that signed for parcels from the UK never reached us and were never found.Thieves I reckon.They probably liked your miniatures.

Posting stuff here is sooooo much hassle but weve got to do it..

Sad to hear youve lost so much money. I dont know what to suggest.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

OH has just suggested Offex if theres one near you. I dont personally know their terms,price or reliability though.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 5:18 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

An update.

Put a big red cross through the 'return' address. It's still there but they get the message not to use it in the first instance.

We had the same for a while.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.