Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Paramedic in Spain

Paramedic in Spain

Old Jan 1st 2009, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

mabz is just really nicemabz is just really nicemabz is just really nicemabz is just really nicemabz is just really nicemabz is just really nicemabz is just really nicemabz is just really nice
Default Paramedic in Spain

I would be so grateful if somebody out there had any ideas , i am a state registered paramedic here in the UK but really want to live and work in Spain .Im not to sure on the Ambulance service in Spain ( if they have Paramedics) Thank you.
Old Jan 1st 2009, 8:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Paramedic in Spain

Originally Posted by mabz
I would be so grateful if somebody out there had any ideas , i am a state registered paramedic here in the UK but really want to live and work in Spain .Im not to sure on the Ambulance service in Spain ( if they have Paramedics) Thank you.
If Iremember correctly there has been a thread with a similar topc on here within the last year do a search on key words.
Old Jan 1st 2009, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Paramedic in Spain

Originally Posted by mabz
How is your Spanish? Assuming they have paramedics here (I don't know) your level of Spanish would obviously have to be native level.
Old Jan 1st 2009, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

mabz is just really nicemabz is just really nicemabz is just really nicemabz is just really nicemabz is just really nicemabz is just really nicemabz is just really nicemabz is just really nice

hi , its not too bad ,having lessons
Old Jan 1st 2009, 10:46 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

We had to call an ambulance on Christmas day as my friend had a heart attack after dinner (not my cooking I hasten to say) when the ambulance arrived there was a doctor and two other blokes. I can only assume they were paramedics as they were very well trained and worked well as a team, the doctor left most of the work to the two other chaps he just really oversee everything and did all the talking. They did so many tests and a couple of ECG's before setting up drips and stabalising him before they moved him. They were here for over an hour could not fault them in anyway, thumbs up to the emergency service here in this area.

If you want to continue your work here, I would think you would have to learn a lot of medical terms and maybe even have to sit an exam or two, having said that it would have been a god send if there had been someone with them that could have spoken English as it was not an easy task to get them to understand all that we wanted to say. Had to get Spanish friends in at the en to make sure that we were all singing from the same hymn sheet. Good luck mabz hope it all goes well for you.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 6:53 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure, but I think it is one of those Spanish national only jobs, like the police etc.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

jdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to all

My friend is a highly qualified nurse from Sweeden, she is fluent in both Spainish and English. She was hoping to continue working as a nurse here in Spain, but to do so she had to re-do nearly her whole nursing degree, so I imagine a paramedic may come across the same problem.
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 8:58 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

From what I've read, paramedics don't exist here in Spain as such and so it would not be possible to validate your qualifications.
The equivalent (not sure if the same in all communities) is to be Titulado as a Tecnico en Transporte Sanitario so you would have to pass the relevant courses from scratch.
Old Jan 4th 2009, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

Oh well it doesnt look like i have got much of a chance then , its a right shame as i have wanted to live in spain for quite a while now, Thanks to everyone for info .