PARADOR ???

Old May 19th 2007, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough
Exclamation PARADOR ???

Hola, excuse, we have to move really fast on a particular property in th San Cayetano area, PARADOR property/ estate agency are keen to support us! any views from u guys?
Old May 19th 2007, 6:51 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PARADOR ???

Originally Posted by vox populia
Hola, excuse, we have to move really fast on a particular property in th San Cayetano area, PARADOR property/ estate agency are keen to support us! any views from u guys?
we bought through them, no problems, but there prices are probably a bit high.
Old May 20th 2007, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mikelincs
we bought through them, no problems, but there prices are probably a bit high.
Cheers mikelincs, getting close now 6th July we fly out to sign we have to pick an agent soon. Everybody is offering different deals but as you know there is no such thing as a 'free lunch' but Parador do look like one of the favourites, Ta for the support. Stew.
Old May 20th 2007, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Mrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really niceMrs P is just really nice

I am a little confused here. Have you already put a deposit on this property ? or Do you have a viewing tripped booked with Parador ?
If you are buying a resale then I wouldn't recommend buying through one of the large companies that offer viewing trips. They can put up to 25% on a resale. Much better to search around, you will probably find the same property with a small agent for alot less money.
Old May 20th 2007, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mrs P
I am a little confused here. Have you already put a deposit on this property ? or Do you have a viewing tripped booked with Parador ?
If you are buying a resale then I wouldn't recommend buying through one of the large companies that offer viewing trips. They can put up to 25% on a resale. Much better to search around, you will probably find the same property with a small agent for alot less money.
Hi, No we haven't bought yet but the intention is that we will purchase on the trip we have arranged for July 6th we are just looking at the best viewing trip deals and incentives. Vox
Old May 20th 2007, 10:16 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, No we haven't bought yet but the intention is that we will purchase on the trip we have arranged for July 6th we are just looking at the best viewing trip deals and incentives. Vox
Watch out for Atlas, they will NOT show you what may be the best deals as they do not sell any home that has a permanent resident. So a house like ours can't be on their books as we live here, our house is up wiht several agents, and they all have it at different prices.
Old May 20th 2007, 10:17 am
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

There is a 25 % mark up. so in reality you are being charged 25% more than the property is worth !!!
Old May 20th 2007, 10:19 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by gallerie9
There is a 25 % mark up. so in reality you are being charged 25% more than the property is worth !!!
What the agents do is to ask you want you want for the property, then they go away and price it at that, then add the amount they want on top, sometimes a percentage, othertimes a flat fee.
Old May 20th 2007, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

lynda32 is a jewel in the roughlynda32 is a jewel in the roughlynda32 is a jewel in the roughlynda32 is a jewel in the roughlynda32 is a jewel in the rough

No doubt Parador will provide you with a lovely viewing trip with some lovely free lunches thrown in. But please be warned they will charge you much more than other agents for the same house. Shop around!!!!and most importantly do not be pressured. I have heard horror stories of people being pressured by Parador.
Old May 20th 2007, 10:39 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynda32
No doubt Parador will provide you with a lovely viewing trip with some lovely free lunches thrown in. But please be warned they will charge you much more than other agents for the same house. Shop around!!!!and most importantly do not be pressured. I have heard horror stories of people being pressured by Parador.
I'm confused

the OP said a 'particular property' so it sounds like they have picked one out & just don't know which agent to buy through

so is it up with several?

I'd just go for the one with the lowest price
Old May 20th 2007, 10:50 am
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

We went on one with Parador...... all very nice all very slick .......... told about all the beinifits ???
But when we looked at resales we saw what we could have had for the same money, the propertys we saw were almost 25% more than the resales.
Those free flights free hotels and lunches cost a packet on 100 grand 25 grand It just didnt add up with us.
Old May 20th 2007, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

...I feel worried that you are saying you have to move really fast on a particular property..is this because Parador are saying you have too...I have read too many times on this forum of agents putting this kind of pressure on clients...I have also read properties in Spain are selling very slowly..the two don't seem to add up...I would suggest you probably as a buyer have the pick of very large bunch..unless it is something very special..a one off..please take care out there.......
Old May 20th 2007, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bigbhudda69
...I feel worried that you are saying you have to move really fast on a particular property..is this because Parador are saying you have too...I have read too many times on this forum of agents putting this kind of pressure on clients...I have also read properties in Spain are selling very slowly..the two don't seem to add up...I would suggest you probably as a buyer have the pick of very large bunch..unless it is something very special..a one off..please take care out there.......
We have been on 3 viewing trips in the last 3 months, all funded by ourselves. I have arranged viewings myself with various estate agents through the internet. I have been lucky that they have only showed me properties within the price range specified and I have had no "hard sell" people have been living in the bulk of the properties viewed so have been able to ask questions about the area. One thing to take into account with a new property is that all prices say "from" whatever price and that is the basic property, you have to pay extra in most cases for security grills ect and they are usually unfurnished so everything is from scratch.. I have found the resales good value if you shop around and find an estate agent thats not too greedy. I have heard that on the viewing trips you don't get a minute to yourself cos they don't want you to see anyone else.. Don't limit youself to one company there are so many properties out there. good luck
Old May 20th 2007, 1:20 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

There are thousands of places for sale, as said before, if you see one you like chck out the prices on other agents.
Old May 21st 2007, 9:03 am
Banned

rowlandsbb has a spectacular aura aboutrowlandsbb has a spectacular aura aboutrowlandsbb has a spectacular aura about

Buying a property in Spain should be a relaxed stress free experience
Using a good agent means that you will often see more of an area that you would yourself and they will help you with everything about your purchase
The people I dealt with do exactly this
I am a semi retired Chartered Surveyor and my wife and I bought in Almeria [near Huercal Overa] and cetainly Parador was not an agent for the builder...possibly because the commission was too low!
There are still certain developments where you have to be quick to reserve your plot
The big firms do seem to take the view.......get as many as you can on visits and for every 100 who go we should sell [with a little pressue] 25!!!

Most people in UK buy via agents and now in Spain it is best to do the same
Parador is a big firm and not everyone's cup of tea but many people have been happy with their service
Again in UK some people would rather deal with the independant Agents for a personal service others are happy with the big chains

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.