Paperwork

Old Apr 18th 2013, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

oasis88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Paperwork

Originally Posted by lynnxa
you should be able to just do the EX18 & get a NIE issued with the res cert

I have a feeling that in Denia atm they are issuing them separately - NIE first (double fees ) & go back & apply later for the res cert

for a resident bank account you need to show your resident cert & some banks will want padrón too
Yes, I got the idea somewhere else too that if you apply for the Residencia without an NIE you will get that too in the same process. That's what I was trying to check out. Thanks. I also found out today that I can apply at Teulada Town Hall in what looks like a far less painful process than Denia.

Originally Posted by amideislas
an oldie but goodie:
Thanks. I loved it.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

uk1357 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by amideislas
Loved it ...reminded me of when I went to "order" my NIE number a couple of weeks ago (accompanied by estate agent)...we queued at police station then sat down at desk in front of policeman in full uniform, he took form and my passport, studied them both, stamped the form and that was it . estate agent said he had to go back to police station in 3 days time, collect a form, go to the bank with form to pay 16 euro, take form back to police station and then collect NIE number 7 days later !! I could not believe it .....

Last edited by uk1357; Apr 18th 2013 at 4:17 pm.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 4:10 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oasis88
Yes, I got the idea somewhere else too that if you apply for the Residencia without an NIE you will get that too in the same process. That's what I was trying to check out. Thanks. I also found out today that I can apply at Teulada Town Hall in what looks like a far less painful process than Denia.

Thanks. I loved it.
I'm pretty certain they stopped issuing resident certs in Teulada last year when all the rules changed

it's painless anyway in Denia - you got early on a Friday morning & get given an appt for the following week - they will tell you exactly what paperwork they accept

then you turn up at the appointed time with all your paperwork & they issue the certificate

some of the staff there speak English, too
Old Apr 18th 2013, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

I'm pretty certain they stopped issuing resident certs in Teulada last year when all the rules changed

it's painless anyway in Denia - you got early on a Friday morning & get given an appt for the following week - they will tell you exactly what paperwork they accept

then you turn up at the appointed time with all your paperwork & they issue the certificate

some of the staff there speak English, too
I was wondering if they still issued them in Teulada so I looked long and hard. They certainly still did in January 2013 because I found this web page on the council site saying that they had processed 359 NIE and 277 Residencia in 2012 and the info is dated 23, Jan. (http://www.teuladamoraira.org/notici...012&Itemid=220) I will go and find out at the SIT in Moraira.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 6:45 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering if they still issued them in Teulada so I looked long and hard. They certainly still did in January 2013 because I found this web page on the council site saying that they had processed 359 NIE and 277 Residencia in 2012 and the info is dated 23, Jan. (http://www.teuladamoraira.org/notici...012&Itemid=220) I will go and find out at the SIT in Moraira.
well I might be wrong - but that article says they issued 636 res certs & NIEs in 2012 - & they were certainly issuing res certs until the rules change in Aug last year

the last paragraph says
The service is available on Tuesdays from 9 am to 1 pm. One week after submitting documentation residents can pick up their Foreigners' Identity Numbers (NIE) from the SIT offices in Teulada at any time, although to use the service a prior appointment must be made at the SIT in Teulada or Moraira.
it doesn't say they are issuing res certs ...........

as I say though - I might be wrong

would you let us know how you get on?
Old Apr 19th 2013, 7:50 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting info about the bank account. But what is required for a resident's bank account? Just the NIE and passport? I am approaching retirement. In our case, we didn't need a non-resident bank account specifically we just needed any bank account to get funds over here to get started and when you have no address or Spanish documentation a non-resident bank account is all you can get. I'm surprised it was so easy.
So you applied for NIE and Residencia simultaneously? Did you complete 2 forms? Ex-15 and Ex-18 or how did you go about it? Also, did you include Modelo 790 (codigo 012) tax form?
I went to the Policia Extranjero office in Granada and they gave me the EX-18 and Modelo 790. I went away and filled the forms in, returning (for my own convenience) the following week. Was given an NIF which was noted on the 790, then trotted off to a bank to pay the €10.20
(NOTE - many banks have a period from 0830-1000 when you can pay impuesto's and will turn you away out of those hours. You must have the NIF number on the form - the bank will use that as the reference for the payment):
Only when I returned to Extranjero with the receipted 790 were the actual forms issued.
Never did an EX15 - perhaps they filled that in for me at the Extranjero, but as I said, EX18 and 790 were all they issued me with.

After all that was complete I went to register at the Ministerio de Trabago e Inmigracion - who registered me with my new NIE and gave me a Social Security number.

As to banking, I originally went to BBVA in the village (the manager there has the longest legs possible ) but they said I had to go to the big city or another branch - so I walked up the hill and went into La Caixa, who 16m ago were actively advertising no commission accounts.
They opened an account for me that originally cost €2.25/m but when I retired officially converted it to a non-commission into which my pension goes each month. They gave me a card and on-line access to the account. They offer about 27 different languages to select from.

As I have said elsewhere, I did this without a gestor/abogado, blustering my way through with hardly any Spanish language, being gently nudged to people who could speak some English who were quite happy to help me.
All you need to do is take your time, get the forms filled and wait your turn. Which is how I also did the car matriculation, although for that you will probably need to have a car mechanic who has a smattering of English.

hth
Old Apr 19th 2013, 8:14 am
Just Joined

well I might be wrong - but that article says they issued 636 res certs & NIEs in 2012 - & they were certainly issuing res certs until the rules change in Aug last year

the last paragraph says

it doesn't say they are issuing res certs ...........

as I say though - I might be wrong

would you let us know how you get on?
Yes the article is not clear, I agree, and it does say "The demand for certificates fell sharply from the previous year as a result of the new Spanish Immigration Law, given that certain legal and economic aspects now involved cannot be dealt with by the Local Council." I'm not sure what that means. Maybe it means - as you say - that they stopped in August. On the other hand, bearing in mind that this is not a news report but a council website, it would be odd to publish the statistics at end of January 2013 with a quote from the mayor saying how happy he is about the service and then stating that "The service is available on Tuesdays from 9 am to 1 pm." i.e. present tense. Why would the council state on Jan 23, 2013 that the service is available if they know it closed down 6 months earlier!? But anyway, I will check it out over the next few weeks and update this thread. Then we will all know.

Originally Posted by Domino
I went to the Policia Extranjero office in Granada and they gave me the EX-18 and Modelo 790. I went away and filled the forms in, returning (for my own convenience) the following week. Was given an NIF which was noted on the 790, then trotted off to a bank to pay the €10.20
(NOTE - many banks have a period from 0830-1000 when you can pay impuesto's and will turn you away out of those hours. You must have the NIF number on the form - the bank will use that as the reference for the payment):
Only when I returned to Extranjero with the receipted 790 were the actual forms issued.
Never did an EX15 - perhaps they filled that in for me at the Extranjero, but as I said, EX18 and 790 were all they issued me with.

After all that was complete I went to register at the Ministerio de Trabago e Inmigracion - who registered me with my new NIE and gave me a Social Security number.

As to banking, I originally went to BBVA in the village (the manager there has the longest legs possible ) but they said I had to go to the big city or another branch - so I walked up the hill and went into La Caixa, who 16m ago were actively advertising no commission accounts.
They opened an account for me that originally cost €2.25/m but when I retired officially converted it to a non-commission into which my pension goes each month. They gave me a card and on-line access to the account. They offer about 27 different languages to select from.

As I have said elsewhere, I did this without a gestor/abogado, blustering my way through with hardly any Spanish language, being gently nudged to people who could speak some English who were quite happy to help me.
All you need to do is take your time, get the forms filled and wait your turn. Which is how I also did the car matriculation, although for that you will probably need to have a car mechanic who has a smattering of English.

hth
Thanks for the info. Points noted. In my bank (Sabadell) they all speak English (more or less). And I don't plan to use a gestor for the NIE etc. But I certainly will for the car. I'm taking the easy route there.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all, When I'm on holiday in September I was also thinking of opening a non-resident bank account (as mentioned at the start of this thread) for the purpose of showing 'Proof of income' for when I eventually move out there at end of next year. Do you think It's worth bothering to do that ? I don't intend having much money transferred monthly at this time so I assume the bank charges may well drain the 'savings' I value your opinions.
Thanks
Steve
Old Apr 19th 2013, 11:39 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Yes the article is not clear, I agree, and it does say "The demand for certificates fell sharply from the previous year as a result of the new Spanish Immigration Law, given that certain legal and economic aspects now involved cannot be dealt with by the Local Council." I'm not sure what that means. Maybe it means - as you say - that they stopped in August. On the other hand, bearing in mind that this is not a news report but a council website, it would be odd to publish the statistics at end of January 2013 with a quote from the mayor saying how happy he is about the service and then stating that "The service is available on Tuesdays from 9 am to 1 pm." i.e. present tense. Why would the council state on Jan 23, 2013 that the service is available if they know it closed down 6 months earlier!? But anyway, I will check it out over the next few weeks and update this thread. Then we will all know.

Thanks for the info. Points noted. In my bank (Sabadell) they all speak English (more or less). And I don't plan to use a gestor for the NIE etc. But I certainly will for the car. I'm taking the easy route there.
it sounds like they still do just NIE numbers - & looking at what you just quoted it seems pretty clear that they aren't doing the resident certs (the new immigration law bit) - I remember that they definitely stopped doing them last August - I just didn't know if they had started again

resident certs have to be issued on the spot, provided you have all the correct paperwork , so again, issuing within a week would also indicate that it's NIEs, not res certs