Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Paint techniques

Paint techniques

Old Apr 15th 2012, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

fadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the rough
Default Paint techniques

I used to have walls using this Ralph Lauren paint when I lived in Canada but I can't seem to find a similar beige/brown combo. I see alot of orange, yellow and blue..
anyone know of a paint company that offers this?? the ones i am looking for on the page are:
Almond Willow
Fawn's Leap
http://www.ralphlaurenhome.com/produ...s.aspx?haid=76

its hard to tell but its a beige-ish color and then it has this brown/green glaze that you apply in a crosshatching type of movement and it looks amazing. I did it all in my living room back home and i would love to replicate it.
I have been to about 6 paint shops in my town but no one has anything other than like oranges, yellows or blues.
but this has to exist here in a more neutral tone.
anyone seen this??
Old Apr 15th 2012, 4:22 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paint techniques

Originally Posted by fadingstarlight
I used to have walls using this Ralph Lauren paint when I lived in Canada but I can't seem to find a similar beige/brown combo. I see alot of orange, yellow and blue..
anyone know of a paint company that offers this?? the ones i am looking for on the page are:
Almond Willow
Fawn's Leap
http://www.ralphlaurenhome.com/produ...s.aspx?haid=76

its hard to tell but its a beige-ish color and then it has this brown/green glaze that you apply in a crosshatching type of movement and it looks amazing. I did it all in my living room back home and i would love to replicate it.
I have been to about 6 paint shops in my town but no one has anything other than like oranges, yellows or blues.
but this has to exist here in a more neutral tone.
anyone seen this??

Take a sample of the paint to any decent paint supplier and they will be able to match it (perfectly).
Old Apr 15th 2012, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

fadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the roughfadingstarlight is a jewel in the rough

i have taken an example to them and they all say it is "specialized" paint to get the effect and they dont have it.
this is a better picture of what i want

i didnt think it would be difficult to match here but it is proving to be. i always seem to want things that dont exist in spain hahaha

they have this kind of effect put it is never a normal color
Old Apr 16th 2012, 12:08 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

walked past local pintura shop and they had that effect on a card in the window, will have to go back there and get the details ............
Old Apr 17th 2012, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Domino
walked past local pintura shop and they had that effect on a card in the window, will have to go back there and get the details ............
that would be terrific Domino. thanks!