Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Padron, where to make the appointment? Granada

Padron, where to make the appointment? Granada

Old Oct 28th 2020, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

hedley_01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Padron, where to make the appointment? Granada

Hey, I cannot find where to make the appointment for the padron on this website below. If anyone can help that would be much appreciated!

https://www.granada.org/inicio.nsf/ximpresos.htm
Old Oct 28th 2020, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Padron, where to make the appointment? Granada

You only have to set to English and then search for padron....

Old Oct 29th 2020, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

We just walked onto the town hall and asked to be put on the padron we were taken to an office and the lady there did the padron for us straight away.This took ten minutes.Don't forget if you need a padron for anything official it has to be less than 3 months old .I.E buy a car,register at doctors ect.for us we just went back to the town hall and asked for a new one which was done straight away as well.hope this helps
Old Oct 29th 2020, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

You cannot 'just walk in' any more - everything needs a 'cita previa'
Old Oct 29th 2020, 10:40 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
We just walked onto the town hall and asked to be put on the padron we were taken to an office and the lady there did the padron for us straight away.This took ten minutes.Don't forget if you need a padron for anything official it has to be less than 3 months old .I.E buy a car,register at doctors ect.for us we just went back to the town hall and asked for a new one which was done straight away as well.hope this helps
Also a padron isn't required to register a vehicle and certainly not to buy one - any proof of ID will do.
Old Oct 29th 2020, 10:49 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh View Post
Also a padron isn't required to register a vehicle and certainly not to buy one - any proof of ID will do.
Depends on the dealership. I certainly had to provide an up to date padron when I bought my new car.

Rosemary
Old Oct 29th 2020, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes I agree the last time I bought a new car (2017) in the Alicante province a recent padron was required to prove address and thus where to register the car for its tax liability.

However as non-residents are allowed to purchase cars but would not have a padron (unless they told the town hall they are resident) I guess it must be possible.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.es/fa...chase-vehicle/

Last edited by spainrico; Oct 29th 2020 at 11:03 am.
Old Oct 29th 2020, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the comments everyone.

So..there was no appointments on the actual Granada townhall website instead I have to make an appointment on the cita priva like most of you mentioned. But..it's not accepting my British mobile number for some reason and I can't get to the next page..any suggestions?
Old Oct 29th 2020, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

The short answer is - yes acquire a Spanish mobile.

No government depts and most Spanish businesses will not call a UK number so of course the websites are not designed to accept a foreign number. I do not think this is unreasonable would the UK call a Spanish number?
Old Oct 29th 2020, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spainrico View Post
The short answer is - yes acquire a Spanish mobile.

No government depts and most Spanish businesses will not call a UK number so of course the websites are not designed to accept a foreign number. I do not think this is unreasonable would the UK call a Spanish number?
Yes, I thought as much, just wanted to clarify. Do I need anything in particular to obtain a Spanish number? I suppose for now I could just list a friend's? I am assuming I secure an appointment online and the contact number is just procedure?
Old Oct 29th 2020, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

I have had the same Spanish mobile number for 20 years (although I have moved it around a few different service providers) but I think as long as you are prepared to pay any service will provide - but (OK I like one-stop shopping, who wants to pay a host of different providers) why not have fixed line/mobile/internet in one package from one provider?

Yes I suppose you could use friends.

Old Oct 29th 2020, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spainrico View Post
I have had the same Spanish mobile number for 20 years (although I have moved it around a few different service providers) but I think as long as you are prepared to pay any service will provide - but (OK I like one-stop shopping, who wants to pay a host of different providers) why not have fixed line/mobile/internet in one package from one provider?

Yes I suppose you could use friends.
OK, thanks. I suppose it would be useful to have anyway since I am going through the TIE process and surely they will ask for a mobile and again on the cita privia site.