Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Clubs for expats and early retirees near Albir

Clubs for expats and early retirees near Albir

Old Oct 28th 2020, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute
Default Clubs for expats and early retirees near Albir

Hi forum friends.

I don't start many threads, so here goes.

We have been here for 2 months now and to be honest Im starting to get a bit bored.
Ive completely redecorated the flat, built units, a new work bench, started drawing and painting again.

BUT.

I need to get out and about.

We live in the mountains inland of Albir (Xirles) and I need to find some clubs to join.

You know walking, sight seeing, bird watching (well maybe not), drawing, photography, history etc.

My wife has knee issues so she can't keep up with me, and I don't want to go wandering up the sides of the mountains alone (not safe really)

So does anyone know of any clubs in my area? Well ones that are open anyway.
Im happy to travel up towards Calp and down to Benidorm if it helps.
Just want to get out and about because I think Im starting to get on her nerves.

I like buildings and could happily wander around a village for ages.

Im happy doing my artwork and Im getting back to Jewellery designing and making for fun, but Ive had a long working life on the road and I miss going out.
Im 58 by the way, male, with an odd sense of humour, full of uninteresting things that i have seen and done over the years.

Cheers

Bazza

Old Oct 28th 2020, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clubs for expats and early retirees near Albir

I don't have any specific info for your area, but here in Nerja (a big expat area), most clubs aren't meeting or functioning because of covid and now under the new state of alarm, which restricts your movement for inessential journeys and meeting people outside your household. Some municipalities are under local lockdown with police patrolling the roads into and out of. I can understand your frustration but you can perhaps meet other likeminded people locally, a few in number with social distancing. I find social media a great source of comfort and interest, though frustrating at times. Once this pandemic is truly under control, I hope life will restart.
Old Oct 29th 2020, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Companians Albir – An English speaking Social Club
Old Oct 29th 2020, 4:44 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Alwya plenty of people there when I lived in Albir.
Old Oct 29th 2020, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Thats what all the Uk reg cars were doing in the car park last week when we went to the pet shop for more fish for the tank.

Im pretty sure social distancing was not going on as the restaurant was crowded, in fact people were standing on the street shaking hands and hugging.

I might contact them in the morning anyway.

Cheers for that.