PADRON?

Old Aug 27th 2008, 1:09 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PADRON?

Depends on where you are, my relatives only needed NIE and Passports, BUT they were buying a used car. When I bought my NEW car from a dealer I did need my padron, I also used it when buying my first used car, the dealer said it made things easier.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 1:25 am
Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds as though Valencia could be following a different protocol. Here in Sevilla I bought two new cars from a dealer and imported a UK bike with gestor all without padron. I agree it could make things easier as proof of address so again the answer seems to be to ask specifically to your local gestor or car dealership.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 1:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of light

I love this site you learn so much. I saw the heading PADRON and thought 'never heard of it I'll see what it is'. Having read all the responses I'm still not sure I know but I do know we bought a used car without it. We only had to produce NIE number & passport as well as giving our local address. The council have managed to send us a car tax bill, as well as tax bills for our house and rubbish collection. We assume the car dealer informed them of the car purchase and the notary of the house purchase.

SO in plain english (which I am losing the ability to speak these days) what is this Padron all about then? I'm told we have to be on some sort of local register to get healthcare is this the same thing?

Rose
Old Aug 27th 2008, 1:32 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambling Rose
I love this site you learn so much. I saw the heading PADRON and thought 'never heard of it I'll see what it is'. Having read all the responses I'm still not sure I know but I do know we bought a used car without it. We only had to produce NIE number & passport as well as giving our local address. The council have managed to send us a car tax bill, as well as tax bills for our house and rubbish collection. We assume the car dealer informed them of the car purchase and the notary of the house purchase.

SO in plain english (which I am losing the ability to speak these days) what is this Padron all about then? I'm told we have to be on some sort of local register to get healthcare is this the same thing?

Rose
Its like signing on with the council .... you go to your local town hall, fill out a form, and hey presto. I have been asked for my padron on numerous occasions buying a car, when we went to the Health offices etc etc ... Its worth doing and the town hall will be happy to see you as they get funded depending on the number of people they have signed on.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 1:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Its like signing on with the council .... you go to your local town hall, fill out a form, and hey presto. I have been asked for my padron on numerous occasions buying a car, when we went to the Health offices etc etc ... Its worth doing and the town hall will be happy to see you as they get funded depending on the number of people they have signed on.
Thanks for that. I'll add it to our to do list.

Rose
Old Aug 27th 2008, 1:39 am
Account Closed

Its like signing on with the council ....
I would say it IS signing on with the council, the local council where you live.

I have been asked for my padron on numerous occasions buying a car, when we went to the Health offices etc etc ... Its worth doing and the town hall will be happy to see you as they get funded depending on the number of people they have signed on.
Not going to disagree with that Mitzyboy but ask a related question. I dont have kids here so schooling stuff doesn't affect me. Our health care is totally private and so doesnt involve the local health service. Yes the town hall will get funding when we register on the padron but is there anything else we might get from empadronamiento?

I could try and explain why it is taking us so long to register on the padron but I won't as it gets personal and complicated.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 2:00 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by El Capitan
I would say it IS signing on with the council, the local council where you live.

Not going to disagree with that Mitzyboy but ask a related question. I dont have kids here so schooling stuff doesn't affect me. Our health care is totally private and so doesnt involve the local health service. Yes the town hall will get funding when we register on the padron but is there anything else we might get from empadronamiento?

I could try and explain why it is taking us so long to register on the padron but I won't as it gets personal and complicated.
I was comparing it to the UK named council as opposed to the Spanish name here

I'm in the same situation as you EC, but the way I see it if I sign on then it gives them a little more money to play with for our area

In the UK It was the same, difference was that there it cost me £1500 a year whereas here it cost me a fraction of that.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 2:28 am
Account Closed

Surely signing on the padron is not costing you extra ?

My council tax is way below that of the UK too but I wasnt expecting to pay anything else for being on the padron. I heard of some services for kids which cost less if you are on the padron but I cant find any relevant to my situation so heads they win and tails I dont lose, hopefully.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 2:46 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Rose
You need to sign on the padron in order for your town hall to claim for you from the central government. There is so much per head of population paid so they could lose out on loads of money if people do not go in and sign it.

Rosemary
Old Aug 27th 2008, 3:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: PADRON?

Originally Posted by El Capitan
Surely signing on the padron is not costing you extra ?

My council tax is way below that of the UK too but I wasnt expecting to pay anything else for being on the padron. I heard of some services for kids which cost less if you are on the padron but I cant find any relevant to my situation so heads they win and tails I dont lose, hopefully.
It does cost to sign on the padron the exact cost I am not sure perhaps 5 -10 cents but when we signed on in Feb 2007 we paid €1.35 each since we agreed to have the certificate signed by the Mayor and we had to wait 3 days to collect it but if we had just gone in and signed I suspect it would have been about 10 cents. This should increase the income of the Ayuntamiento from central coffers and keep the IBI down.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 3:26 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
It does cost to sign on the padron the exact cost I am not sure perhaps 5 -10 cents but when we signed on in Feb 2007 we paid €1.35 each since we agreed to have the certificate signed by the Mayor and we had to wait 3 days to collect it but if we had just gone in and signed I suspect it would have been about 10 cents. This should increase the income of the Ayuntamiento from central coffers and keep the IBI down.
There is no charge for inscription on the padron - it is a legal requirement for every person living in Spain - Spanish or foreign to be on the padron.

They can charge for a certificate if you want one - usually a very small charge.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 4:59 am
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
There is no charge for inscription on the padron - it is a legal requirement for every person living in Spain - Spanish or foreign to be on the padron.

They can charge for a certificate if you want one - usually a very small charge.
the certs only last three months.then if you need one for some thing you just go with your old one and pay for a new one.(ours 1.50) at your town hall offices
Old Aug 27th 2008, 5:07 am
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by El Capitan;
Yes the town hall will get funding when we register on the padron but is there anything else we might get from empadronamiento?
I too live in Sevilla and had to produce it when I bought a (used) car from a dealer and also needed it when I traded in an old washing machine under the Plan Renove de Electrodomesticos de Andalucia (whereby you trade in old domestic appliances for new, more energy efficient ones and get a discount).
Old Aug 27th 2008, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

03630 will become famous soon enough03630 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by vox populia
Can anyone advise please if you need to be registered on the padron to purchase a car in spain?
In our experience no. But proof of address (a rental agreement) was required.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

03630 will become famous soon enough03630 will become famous soon enough

Rose
El padrón - electoral register, census, electoral roll (Collins Spanish Dictionary)

A leaflet from the Diputación de Alicante says - It is the register, used for administrative purposes. This information serves as proof of residence. Everybody who lives in Spain is obliged to register.

It allows you to vote, to use local services, provided by the town hall.
Registering is free of charge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.