Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Overcome with sadness

Overcome with sadness

Old Jan 2nd 2007, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

snowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to allsnowgoose is a name known to all
Default Re: Overcome with sadness

I'd been planning my escape for over a year and was fine - really excited, could hardly contain it. House sold, furniture sold, everything else packed and shipped.....I was so organised. My last night in the UK before leaving for Canada I bawled like a 3 year old. I was suddenly so scared! My daughter rang to say goodbye (she's stayed in the UK, as she's all grown up with her own family), and she asked if I was scared. When I said yes, I was, she said "You know, Mum, it is allowed. This is a huge step for you, you're bound to be" So we cried together and said our farewells, but I felt so much better, and I kept that thought in my head - it's OK to be scared. It's natural, but don't let it overwhelm you. Here I am, three years on, living in Canada, enjoying it, still missing my daughter, but she's only a plane ride away..........
Good Luck - you can do it....
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 3:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
Hi,
This morning i thought the flood gates had gone, how very wrong was i.

We cancelled our new years eve party only to find most still think they are coming so i am running around like a t-t and getting stuff ready.

But i do not feel happy one bit, i am looking forward to going and WANT to go and can not wait.
But there is so many ppl here tonight i want to strangle. the bunch of gits who said we would never do it. and the one's who think we are being silly and the other's who think i am being selfish.

All i can say is it is going to be a bloody sorry affair in my house tonight

I am going to have to be all smiles and grace when all i want to do is scream "i dont want any of you shi-ty ppl in my house"

But i will grin and bare it god give me hope.

Hubby is already in a mood with me and his not even home from work. i have been ringing him all day moaning and piss-d of.

Anyway guys have a fab night and enjoy and be good
Hi There,
I read your posts and would like to offer my support and encouragement
Sounds that some of the people at your party were not supportive .
Take it as a lesson learnt and focus on taking care of yourself.
People can say what they like, it is your life and happiness and not theirs.
Have adventure with self discovery and may 2007 be a good year for you
and your family.
Best Wishes,
Yoong
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cherie
Oh dear, I have to say it........yawn.......yawn........yawn.........yawn ......and yet,........Yawn again.
Maybe the festive holidays have took it's toll on you with all that yawning
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 8:38 pm
Account Closed

cherie is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a thought.......are you menopausal maybe?
Old Jan 2nd 2007, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cherie
Just a thought.......are you menopausal maybe?
Hi,
Sorry not yet i was going to ask the same with all that yawning you was doing?
But i thought it would be rude of me to make such a hasty comment with you being new!!
Old Jan 7th 2007, 6:59 pm
Account Closed

cherie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Sorry not yet i was going to ask the same with all that yawning you was doing?
But i thought it would be rude of me to make such a hasty comment with you being new!!
No rudeness intended by me either, Miss Naughty. As the Menopause, (not a 'no' 'no' word anymore), can, they say, relate to lots of different emotions for us girls, I did wonder if you............... Anyway, yawn, yawn. Yes, you were right. Lots of festivities over the past few weeks, and hardly enough time to participate in them all.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,
I was just driving to the shop's when all of a sudden i started crying like an idiot, With this overcome feeling of sadness about moving and thinking what the hell am i doing.

I then thought why was i feeling so emotional and it was not for missing family or friends or i will miss the uk.

It was more of feeling scared about the unknown and if it is the right decision.
I know with us moving it is the right thing to do, but i cant shift this feeling.

I have been so excited and happy but since i blubbed like a newborn i have this feeling of dread.

Has anyone else ever felt like this?
Aw mate !!!!! I was like that babe.......cry...well BLUB at the most random times.....people were saying "are you sure you are doing the right thing....?" cos I'd get sooooo upset seeing friends before we left.

Anyway.....I think it's so normal....what you are doing is a life changing step. But one that isn't final.....remember that......just go with the flow.

We have been out here since June 1st....have two small children...2 and 3 years old....and can honestly say....this is our home ! We love it, love the way of life, people, climate (even now), scenery, beaches.....

Went back to UK for 2 weeks over Christmas and New Year...couldn't wait to get back ! Loved seeing family and friends but felt that this was our home.

My view is that if you have had serious thoughts about moving to Spain, if you don't then you may well regret it if you don't give it ago.

Good luck chick......PM me if you want to chat. It's not long before you move is it ?

Take care xxx
Old Jan 8th 2007, 10:00 am
Account Closed

Sue-Tom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I was just driving to the shop's when all of a sudden i started crying like an idiot, With this overcome feeling of sadness about moving and thinking what the hell am i doing.

I then thought why was i feeling so emotional and it was not for missing family or friends or i will miss the uk.

It was more of feeling scared about the unknown and if it is the right decision.
I know with us moving it is the right thing to do, but i cant shift this feeling.

I have been so excited and happy but since i blubbed like a newborn i have this feeling of dread.

Has anyone else ever felt like this?
Hi,

We are moving over in March and at the moment have to say not cried at all yet. Getting lots of butterflies though. Family members being pretty laid back about it all after initial doubts, mind you they are used to us moving away they live Nottingham we are Wales but have also lived in Scotland.

regards
Sue
Old Jan 8th 2007, 11:16 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like we will not be moving over before March ourselves now Should have been October but.....manyana!!! So I am definitely overcome with sadness....but not about going....about the delay!!!
Old Jan 8th 2007, 11:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lionda
Looks like we will not be moving over before March ourselves now Should have been October but.....manyana!!! So I am definitely overcome with sadness....but not about going....about the delay!!!
What a pain !!!

Gutted for you.....

All the best and fingers crossed for you it'll be sooner than you think.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi,
Just to give you all an update.
I am feeling good at the moment, and quite happy.
I think i just had a mad moment and now things are looking up.
I have been shopping a lot so i think that has helped .
Well we have 2 weeks and 5 days left and a lot of phoning to do to change thing's etc etc etc.
House is looking very empty at the moment and i have a lot of cleaning to do. i.e skirting boards
Will keep you posted in what happens.
Thanks again for all your help and kind words xxxxx
Old Jan 8th 2007, 2:44 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs eddie
What a pain !!!

Gutted for you.....

All the best and fingers crossed for you it'll be sooner than you think.
I keep telling myself that (it will be over sooner than we think!) but it seems like a carrot is being dangled and as soon as we get close it is pulled further away!

Miss naughty....if there are any tips you could share (as you are in the actual process of moving) please let me know so I will be prepared for when my time comes I've made a list but there is always something you don't think about isn't there Glad you are over the sadness....you must be on an adrenalin rush now I'm sure I will be.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 3:06 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Just to give you all an update.
I am feeling good at the moment, and quite happy.
I think i just had a mad moment and now things are looking up.
I have been shopping a lot so i think that has helped .
Well we have 2 weeks and 5 days left and a lot of phoning to do to change thing's etc etc etc.
House is looking very empty at the moment and i have a lot of cleaning to do. i.e skirting boards
Will keep you posted in what happens.
Thanks again for all your help and kind words xxxxx
Make sure you get you post office redirection set up and checked before you comeover, I set mine up and the silly Bs got the spanish address wrong, found out before I left and got it corrected, but it seemed to take about 6 weeks before I get mail over here, then after a couple of months I got a huge load, too much for mail box so had to go to post office to collect it, about 8 redirection packets that they had sent over to the wrong address, been sent back to the UK and then sent back here to the correct address.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Make sure you get you post office redirection set up and checked before you comeover, I set mine up and the silly Bs got the spanish address wrong, found out before I left and got it corrected, but it seemed to take about 6 weeks before I get mail over here, then after a couple of months I got a huge load, too much for mail box so had to go to post office to collect it, about 8 redirection packets that they had sent over to the wrong address, been sent back to the UK and then sent back here to the correct address.
Hi,
got our post to be redirected to hubbys mum.
We have nothing important, so just usual junk.

I really do not have no tips as everything i have thought i would do has not worked out ha ha ha.
We are still sorting bits and pieces out. Everyone is asking if we are going to have a few drinks or a meal out to say goodbye. (ball's to that with the amount of grief we have had from everyone)

Still seems ages away even thought it is only 2 weeks and 5 days.
Mind you i did forget to tell the oldest kids school the date we were going so got to do that tomorrow.
My daughter is under the local hospital so got to try and get her in for an appointment and try and get one in 6 months for her. as they have gave me an appointment for march. Christ to soon after moving to spain, so got to talk nicely to them.

Apart from that everything seems to be going ok.
Old Jan 8th 2007, 7:02 pm
Popping in for a chat

Hi,
got our post to be redirected to hubbys mum.
We have nothing important, so just usual junk.

I really do not have no tips as everything i have thought i would do has not worked out ha ha ha.
We are still sorting bits and pieces out. Everyone is asking if we are going to have a few drinks or a meal out to say goodbye. (ball's to that with the amount of grief we have had from everyone)

Still seems ages away even thought it is only 2 weeks and 5 days.
Mind you i did forget to tell the oldest kids school the date we were going so got to do that tomorrow.
My daughter is under the local hospital so got to try and get her in for an appointment and try and get one in 6 months for her. as they have gave me an appointment for march. Christ to soon after moving to spain, so got to talk nicely to them.

Apart from that everything seems to be going ok.
Only 2 weeks and 5 days I'm feeling excited for you....what am I going to be like when it's my turn!! Can't wait I really hope the journey goes ok for you and that you settle in quickly. We will be in the Costa Blanca then trying to sort out the delay for our move

By the way....whilst on holiday in Benalmadena about 4 years ago we nearly went to visit Coin but missed the bus and the next one was hours away so we never got there!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.