Out of Here!!

Old Oct 30th 2007, 1:43 pm
fed up with england

helenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nice
Default Re: Out of Here!!

parents moved to almeria last year thy used britania removers no probs they were not to exspencive 4bed house sent out for 1200pounds
Old Oct 30th 2007, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

rhyspegs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by helenba
parents moved to almeria last year thy used britania removers no probs they were not to exspencive 4bed house sent out for 1200pounds
thanks that is a really good price. we've been quoted nearly 3 grand! where are they based as we are in the south east of england
Old Oct 30th 2007, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Splatt
Sortedtoo - We don't even have a rental booked yet so we have no idea whereabouts we are going to be living. In fact I'm quite looking forward to being a gypsy for a while (even though banks and most institutions aren't keen on it).

Jimmbo - Fortunately I have a very good friend who has a 7.5t wagon and he's kindly offered to share the drive down to Spain when we eventually buy a house, of course I will re-imburse him for time and I'll cover all costs, but it should be the cheapest way and fun too!

Rhyspegs - Our plan is to load the car (and top box) up drive to the ferry and take a two day crossing over to Santander then leisurely drive across Spain to Moraira, get a holiday let for two weeks while we find a long let. Then it's a case of suck it and see! If we like the life and the area we will buy there and start putting down roots, we may find somewhere else or even return to the UK (doubtful) but the idea is to be open minded and test the water first.
Once settled I'll set up a business and get back to work!
My daughter is two so this seems like the perfect timing.

I can't wait!

Ste.
I like your attitude to the whole move! wish we were so relaxed about the whole thing. I can recommend an english estate agent in moraira, CostaSol, just ask for Stuart or Vivien. They are really good and have a few tricks up there sleaves! Keep in touch as we'd love to see how its going seeing as your going to the same place as us.
Old Oct 30th 2007, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

jimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nice

Hi Helenba,
I googled Britania removers, alas they have many branches, which one did your parents use and where did they live? I ask as for that price it's maybe not worth doing it yourself, who did the packing?
Old Oct 30th 2007, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jimmbo
Hi Helenba,
I googled Britania removers, alas they have many branches, which one did your parents use and where did they live? I ask as for that price it's maybe not worth doing it yourself, who did the packing?
I just googled Britannia aswell and just emailed them asking for a quote. They have branches all over the uk just click on the area you live on the map. Hope this helps
Old Oct 31st 2007, 11:02 am
fed up with england

helenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nicehelenba is just really nice

Originally Posted by rhyspegs
thanks that is a really good price. we've been quoted nearly 3 grand! where are they based as we are in the south east of england
yes they are from the leicester area
Old Nov 15th 2007, 7:54 am
Just Joined

Talking Re: Out of Here!!

hi splatt,

have you gone yet!

keep us posted on the move and how it goes in moraira. we'll be there soon!

good luck
Old Nov 19th 2007, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Splatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud of

Hi Rhyspegs,
Just to keep you updated we are now just waiting for `the call` from our solicitor to set a completion date. The trouble is we have been expecting this call for weeks and it hasn't materialised. I've contacted the agent and my solicitor and have been assured that everything is still good and it's just the bank being pedantic with their mortgage.

We do feel in a strange state of limbo.

Hope things are progressing with you and who knows, we may be meeting up for a beer soon!

All the best,
Steve