Out of Here!!

Old Oct 25th 2007, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

rhyspegs is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Out of Here!!

Yes we are another family on the move to spain in the new year, cant wait!
Can anybody recommend a removal company please. We will be moving to Moraira, North Costa Blanca. Anyone from there? Would love to hear from you.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 9:59 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Out of Here!!

Bit further north than you
Welcome to the forum
Old Oct 25th 2007, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

Wink Re: Out of Here!!

thanks how long you lived in spain and would you ever come back to Britain!!
Old Oct 25th 2007, 10:08 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rhyspegs
thanks how long you lived in spain and would you ever come back to Britain!!
Thirteen months .... and unlike some on here I would never rule out returning to the UK as I still love the country. I have no plans to presently

We looked at Moraira but at the time it was way too expensive for us and seemingly completely inhabited by Germans
Old Oct 26th 2007, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Can anybody recommend a removal company please. We will be moving to Moraira, North Costa Blanca. Anyone from there? Would love to hear from you.
Welcome!

I did the removals myself - we got rid of a load of heavy furniture and used a one-way luton van and a one-way ticket from Plymouth to Santander to take the rest + the puppy. Door to door in around 40 hours (Cheshire to Alicante) and cost around £1500 all in.

http://www.j-hire.co.uk/

Others will relay your stuff over for a similar price, but obviously no animals! The downside is it takes a couple of weeks as your stuff gets shuffled from depot to depot, and everyone I know who's done it that way has suffered losses and breakages. There is no substitute the care you'd take with your own things - and it's a lot of fun!! Alternatively, there are the normal 'door-to-door' removals but that costs a lot more.

It really depends how much stuff you have. We really cut down but still have too much stuff (we're paying to have the rest in storage whilst the new house is built!). We now realise should have simply set fire to the lot and come over with just a suitcase each!

Oh well, you live and learn!
Old Oct 26th 2007, 2:44 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by twyntub
Welcome!

I did the removals myself - we got rid of a load of heavy furniture and used a one-way luton van and a one-way ticket from Plymouth to Santander to take the rest + the puppy. Door to door in around 40 hours (Cheshire to Alicante) and cost around £1500 all in.
Did the same myself, quite an experience but we came on the chunnel and down through France. Took us 24 hours non stop, two drivers
Old Oct 26th 2007, 3:55 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rhyspegs and welcome to BE

As I posted on another thread, try Cooper Removals. They are based in Benissa and they do storage as well. It doesn't cost anything to ask for a quote

http://www.cooper-removals.com/i-mudanzas.html

As for Moraira, it's a very nice town.......buzzing and upmarket in the summer. In the winter, it's almost like a ghost town, but plenty of families live on the outskirts year round.

Best of luck
Martha
Old Oct 26th 2007, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

sortedtoo is an unknown quantity at this point

We've got a place in Moraira. Very nice, quite a lot of people live there year round. quite upmarket, lot of germans, dutch, english, swiss

Some places close down over winter, but many are open all year round
Old Oct 26th 2007, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

Splatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud of

Hi Rhyspegs,
We're almost from there, our house is sold and we are just waiting for the completion date before we book the ferry and our rental accomodation!

So we could be over in Moraira anywhere from two weeks onwards.
Can't help with removals as I plan to DIY everything.

I take it you've already bought a house over there?

Ste.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

sortedtoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Splatt
Hi Rhyspegs,
We're almost from there, our house is sold and we are just waiting for the completion date before we book the ferry and our rental accomodation!

Ste.
Splatt and Rhyspegs

Just out of interest, where are you in Moraira -we are in San Jaime
Old Oct 26th 2007, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

jimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nice

Hi splatt,
Please can you tell me how you are going to DIY your move? When I asked about the hire of a luton it was as far as I can remember About £800 and we would have to return it to the UK. Have thought about buying one then selling it to hopefully to someone returning to the UK or scraping it and using it as a shed if it could be bought real cheap in the first place.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimmbo
Hi splatt,
Please can you tell me how you are going to DIY your move? When I asked about the hire of a luton it was as far as I can remember About £800 and we would have to return it to the UK. Have thought about buying one then selling it to hopefully to someone returning to the UK or scraping it and using it as a shed if it could be bought real cheap in the first place.
J-Hire will hire you a luton one-way to Spain - so you won't have the costs (and extra hire time) of returning the van.

http://www.j-hire.co.uk/
Old Oct 27th 2007, 7:33 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

One way hire in free beer also.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 10:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Splatt
Hi Rhyspegs,

Ste.
your a little bit further ahead than us! We are still waiting to sell, pretty slow the housing market here. Are you renting so you can look around to buy??.Any plans when your there ie work etc.
Old Oct 27th 2007, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Splatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud of

Sortedtoo - We don't even have a rental booked yet so we have no idea whereabouts we are going to be living. In fact I'm quite looking forward to being a gypsy for a while (even though banks and most institutions aren't keen on it).

Jimmbo - Fortunately I have a very good friend who has a 7.5t wagon and he's kindly offered to share the drive down to Spain when we eventually buy a house, of course I will re-imburse him for time and I'll cover all costs, but it should be the cheapest way and fun too!

Rhyspegs - Our plan is to load the car (and top box) up drive to the ferry and take a two day crossing over to Santander then leisurely drive across Spain to Moraira, get a holiday let for two weeks while we find a long let. Then it's a case of suck it and see! If we like the life and the area we will buy there and start putting down roots, we may find somewhere else or even return to the UK (doubtful) but the idea is to be open minded and test the water first.
Once settled I'll set up a business and get back to work!
My daughter is two so this seems like the perfect timing.

I can't wait!

Ste.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.