Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

ouch,,, sun cream...I should have known

ouch,,, sun cream...I should have known

Old Apr 28th 2012, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

pixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nicepixieve is just really nice
Default Re: ouch,,, sun cream...I should have known

[QUOTE=megmet;10029448]
Originally Posted by pixieve

I just don't understand why after all the warnings people still insist on sunbathing.

I don't use either sun creams or sun blockers, but then you will never find me laying on a sunbed just to get a tan!
The truth of the matter is that a tan is the outward sign of skin damage and as such is best avoided.
Yes it's true, sunbathing isn't the best of ideas. But at least when I do it I do it with complete coverage and never ever get sunburned, or red at all for that matter, so there isnt any serious damage being done.

But sunbathing with absolutely no protection is quite simply idiotic. You wouldnt drive a car without wearing a seatbelt (at least I hope not), you wouldnt do a skydive without a parachute....so why would you sunbathe without sun cream?!
Old Apr 28th 2012, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

dunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to alldunmovin is a name known to all
Default Re: ouch,,, sun cream...I should have known

Originally Posted by Domino
read my lips............

I have sunbathed from Yarmouth to Benidorm to Cape Town to Singapore to Hong Kong to Perth (WA) without problems.

I have just come in from an hour in a chair on the patio...........
and I don't look like an overcooked walnut - fair hair, fair skin, blue eyes - but like most things in moderation.............
...take S.A. out of it, add bali, cairns,perth, melbourne sydney, phuket, tasmania, Hawaii (not recommended unless you want to fly over a live volcano)
..... moderation---- the only way to go