Orange flybox

Old Jul 21st 2019, 9:45 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Orange flybox

Originally Posted by Manclass
"Where I live I am unable to get fibre AND because I live in front of a hill I can only get one type of Satellite WI-FI ".. The mast for the Satellite Wi-Fi I can receive is directly opposite me across the bay.. I have enquired to different company's about being able to receive better Satellite reception from their masts but have been told I cant because of the hill.. I can receive 4G..
I'm confused.

Satellite Internet comes from Satellites not masts surely? Mountains/hills may be an issue - you need line of sight to the satellite

WiFi Internet is only with the home. Mountains/hills not an issue

WiMax (internet) comes from masts. Mountains/hills may be an issue - you need clear line-of-sight to the mast

Fibre Optic internet comes from cables run into your home. Mountains/hills not an issue
Old Jul 21st 2019, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Manclass is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got a small dish on the side of my house that gets a signal from a mast opposite so it must be WiMax … This is my only option because of the hill , fibre close by but not in my road...Nobody seems to know if or when fibre will be coming to my road.
Old Jul 23rd 2019, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Orange flybox

Originally Posted by spainrico
Thanks - another point (slightly off thread but hopefully useful) whilst I think Movistar Fusion service is very reliable they are a bit 'naughty' because they keep upping the price justified by adding extra services ie increasing mobile data download volume but I found (and maybe many others do too) that I neither wanted nor needed these increases.

My Fusion crept up to nearly 70€ a month so I went to the shop and explained it to them and said I was going to Orange. They advised reducing to Fusion Cero and I saved around 240€ per annum.

So I recommend reviewing your service and seeing if you can swap contracts and save money. Their online system explains your exact services and prices so it is easy to review and decide if you are paying for service you don't need.
hi spainrico. told wife about that. put that in note book thanks ,,,ashes start soon i,ve booked a seat already.
Old Jul 26th 2019, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

We have adsl 10mb at my parents house and it works fine - they keep trying to upgrade it to fibre, but he doesnt need it just for the TV.

We have a Wimax system at our campo house, its "upto 10mb" at €25 a month. it is ok, the films and tv and youtube work fine. Its a local company in Alhaurin el Grande, and it seems to be ok 97% of the time. Its a "line of sight" system, and took the guy about 20 minutes to set up, including drilling thru the wall.