Orange flybox

Old Jul 18th 2019, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Manclass is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Orange flybox

Where I live I am unable to get fibre and because I live in front of a hill I can only get one type of Satellite WI-FI which isn't very good and keeps going on and off so is unreliable .
A friend recommended an Orange Flybox .which gives me 50GB for 40 euros a month.. I have telephoned Orange in English and explained that I need Wi-Fi to watch UK TV as well as using a computer and tablet, they told me that 50GB a month wouldn't be enough to watch TV.. Has anybody used a Flybox ? I would be interested to know their opinion?
Thank you in advance
Old Jul 18th 2019, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Orange flybox

Originally Posted by Manclass
Where I live I am unable to get fibre and because I live in front of a hill I can only get one type of Satellite WI-FI which isn't very good and keeps going on and off so is unreliable .
A friend recommended an Orange Flybox .which gives me 50GB for 40 euros a month.. I have telephoned Orange in English and explained that I need Wi-Fi to watch UK TV as well as using a computer and tablet, they told me that 50GB a month wouldn't be enough to watch TV.. Has anybody used a Flybox ? I would be interested to know their opinion?
Thank you in advance
We rented something similar from WiFi away while staying at an AirBnB and they quickly run out. One of the issues is the constant background activity on a computer which eats your allowance without you realising it e.g. leaving Outlook on permanent "Send & Receive" not working offline. Once we discovered this managed quite successfully for a month but only basic activity - emails, banking etc no TV. Can you not measure your consumption on the existing satellte link and then work out what you really need ?
Old Jul 19th 2019, 5:49 am
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

What about movistar 4g... it is unlimited, but of course depends on if you can get their 4g service where you are...

"Satellite WI-FI" - satellite internet and wifi internet are two completely different and separate things....satellite internet comes from satellites, and "wifi" comes from land based masts.
Old Jul 19th 2019, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

As I understand it there are 2 issues - capacity and speed (in laymen's terms)

Watching movies or TV shows on Netflix uses about 1 GB of data per hour for each stream of standard definition video, and up to 3 GB per hour for each stream of HD video.

Speed-wise it is recommended a minimum of 3Mbps.

So you preferably need an unlimited amount of download capacity (unless you only watch a few hours a week/month) and a minimum of 3Mbps preferably more to avoid buffering.
Old Jul 19th 2019, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for your reply, you are really just confirming what Orange told me.. looks like the Flybox is a no go..
Old Jul 19th 2019, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for your reply... I was under the impression that Movistar didn't offer unlimited 4G data now, but will pop into the shop to check...
Old Jul 19th 2019, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Orange flybox

Originally Posted by Manclass
Thank you for your reply... I was under the impression that Movistar didn't offer unlimited 4G data now, but will pop into the shop to check...
hi manclass.wehave movistar fiber.not sure about how many g,s. i think we have 100 somthing not sure wifes not here. but we run a mag 410 box on it we get every think can think of to watch.
Old Jul 19th 2019, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Movistar offers a variety of services with differing amounts of download data (to a mobile) unlimited on ADSL - their fibre optic sevices offer 100MB+ download speed. You pay for what you get but of course not all services available in all areas but I would think coverage better than UK comparable ie I live in a popular area but not a 'business' area and have fibre optic/100MB speed. (Fusion Cero - total package 48€ a month ADSL/Line/Mobile/TV)
Old Jul 19th 2019, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Orange flybox

Originally Posted by spainrico
Movistar offers a variety of services with differing amounts of download data (to a mobile) unlimited on ADSL - their fibre optic sevices offer 100MB+ download speed. You pay for what you get but of course not all services available in all areas but I would think coverage better than UK comparable ie I live in a popular area but not a 'business' area and have fibre optic/100MB speed. (Fusion Cero - total package 48€ a month ADSL/Line/Mobile/TV)
hi spainrico .thats the one . very good indeed
Old Jul 19th 2019, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks - another point (slightly off thread but hopefully useful) whilst I think Movistar Fusion service is very reliable they are a bit 'naughty' because they keep upping the price justified by adding extra services ie increasing mobile data download volume but I found (and maybe many others do too) that I neither wanted nor needed these increases.

My Fusion crept up to nearly 70€ a month so I went to the shop and explained it to them and said I was going to Orange. They advised reducing to Fusion Cero and I saved around 240€ per annum.

So I recommend reviewing your service and seeing if you can swap contracts and save money. Their online system explains your exact services and prices so it is easy to review and decide if you are paying for service you don't need.
Old Jul 19th 2019, 4:41 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Movistar have a good site if you create a personal account. You can change the details of the service you are signed up for very easily. The changes take place almost immediately and there is no “permanencia” on them so you can change back any time. If you have the Movistar TV box you could add the F1 channel just for one weekend if you wanted to.

Their support is all on line. If you have a problem it takes you through a question and answer system and makes changes remotely. If it doesn’t solve the problem they will offer the call you. Last time I had to do that they called back within 2 minutes and took me through some other options. That failed so the made an appointment to send an engineer round same day.

This was within the the week after they installed it’s it was really a setup problem rather than a fault. It’s been 100% since. Never less than 600mbs up and down.
Old Jul 20th 2019, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Thank you Fred as always, I will look into it....
Old Jul 20th 2019, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

Everybody is working on the assumption that you have a usable 4g signal, something you have not said you have.
Old Jul 21st 2019, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

bob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond repute

"Where I live I am unable to get fibre and because I live in front of a hill" You can be in front of Mount Everest but it won't stop you having fibre, you just need the cable installed.
Old Jul 21st 2019, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

"Where I live I am unable to get fibre AND because I live in front of a hill I can only get one type of Satellite WI-FI ".. The mast for the Satellite Wi-Fi I can receive is directly opposite me across the bay.. I have enquired to different company's about being able to receive better Satellite reception from their masts but have been told I cant because of the hill.. I can receive 4G..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.