orange.es

Old May 1st 2013, 5:49 pm
Headpoopscopper

HeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond repute
Default orange.es

Hello
we got ourselfs two of there sims cards no problem
but why oh why wont it let my add credit via there website with international bankcards i.e visa or mastercard when it says it does ??? Do I need a spanish bankcard or just keep walking into one of there darn shops ???
Old May 1st 2013, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: orange.es

I had the same trouble with 02 when I tried to use their website to top up my UK phone from Spain. No luck ! They kept telling me it was possible till I went to one of their shops while in the UK and showed them it did NOT work. No comment was the answer.

I reckon Orange, here, ( Y.Com as was ) will need a Spanish card to make it work on their website. You can top up in the correos or in some if not all supermarkets plus via the hole in the wall I am told.
Old May 1st 2013, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute

We usually use hole in wall for topping up Spanish mobile. We have moviestar which as it turns out, has no reception at our house. We asked in the shop when,we bought it and they said it would be OK. But after many visits back to them to complain, we just gave up as they were suggesting that we only bought it to use the free credit, and " calls cost money you know" was also thrown at us. UK mobiles we do by debit card on the UK bank, and it works fine
Old May 2nd 2013, 3:42 am
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: orange.es

Originally Posted by HeikeundAlan
Hello
we got ourselfs two of there sims cards no problem
but why oh why wont it let my add credit via there website with international bankcards i.e visa or mastercard when it says it does ??? Do I need a spanish bankcard or just keep walking into one of there darn shops ???
The way it WORKS.. is the first time you TOP UP you must use a bank card at the ATM, and top up. That card / account is then linked to your phone number.

Thereafter you can top up over the phone, or online.
But not prior to doing the above.

I found this out after doing the above, but then trying to use a different card at some point. Called them up and they told me I must use the card I 'did use' the other day at the ATM.

When doing it online you will also need your special KEY SET, Ie; Enter number 93 ( = 2967 ) off the back of your key number card.

DSB.
Old May 2nd 2013, 6:21 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

not with Orange yet but with the hassle I am having with Movistar over a special offer may well be.

however, I have always found places to pay cash for my topups. Used to do it at Movistar shops but you can do it at so many places, tabacs, supermarkets like Dia, even the bread shop at the top of the street has a machine for topping up mobiles.

ISTR finding it harder to do topups in the UK so I used to use the dial in option or go on-line to Vodafone and topup using my registered bank card.

As an aside, the BH bought me the phone as a birthday present - but it seems although I can keep on topping it up if I have to talk to 1004 or others I have to have her present or give them her NIE. Seems you can change that by getting the two of you present in a Movistar shop with full identity documentation.

`
Old May 2nd 2013, 7:55 am
Headpoopscopper

HeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond reputeHeikeundAlan has a reputation beyond repute

ok pay in supermarket like you would in england you give them money they give you a voucher with a number on???
and at a atm how does that work I only go about once a month to fetch enough dosh out to feed us
sorry to be a pain
Old May 2nd 2013, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of

ok pay in supermarket like you would in england you give them money they give you a voucher with a number on???
and at a atm how does that work I only go about once a month to fetch enough dosh out to feed us
sorry to be a pain
Once you have entered your pin at an ATM, there are options; BAlance, Cash etc... You should see a option saying PHONE TOP UP or something like that.
Use this option and it will ask you for a phone number

Credit comes through super quick. Job done, that card is now officially lnked to your phone number for future online / over the phone top ups.

DSB.
Old May 2nd 2013, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

In my Supersol supermarket ( Movistar sim card ) you ask to top up your mobile, give them the company and your mobile number, they enter it on the till then ask you how much you want to top up with 5 euros, 10 euros whatever. You get a receipt and a message through on your phone almost always instantly. If there is going to be a delay she tell me. Some fuel stations have a machine you can use but so far none have worked or are actually working at all. To be fair I don't try them that often. I have not tried the correos yet either but guess it is the same as supermarkets.
Old May 2nd 2013, 9:17 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to be a pain
Nah - Spain is more into technology than that.
you pay at the till and they will update the phone as you stand there
you should be able to pay with your Spanish bank card as you should also be able to pay for your food.

but like you still enjoy paying for things with cash so I top up at the bread shop or a tabac.
Movistar send me a txt when my paygo fone gets down to €3 to remind me to top-up.

The thing to remember is that Spain is very robust with the 6month rule - if the phone isn't used for 6months then it will drop off the system, no matter what nationality you are. And it can be impossible to get the number back.
But Movistar were excellent when I lost my fone - they made a new chip for the number, cancelled the old chip and transferred the €20 I had on the account.
Old May 2nd 2013, 11:42 am
Headpoopscopper

Thank you I use to be a asda girl so done top ups on till but everybody had a plastic phone card then.
Old May 2nd 2013, 2:54 pm

Thank you I use to be a asda girl so done top ups on till but everybody had a plastic phone card then.
AFAIK Spain missed the UK's mobile topup card - went straight to topup via bank card. Surprises me how we got sent down that blind alley
perhaps more in it for the mobile company
Old May 2nd 2013, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

frigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bealerDSB
The way it WORKS.. is the first time you TOP UP you must use a bank card at the ATM, and top up. That card / account is then linked to your phone number.

Thereafter you can top up over the phone, or online.
But not prior to doing the above.

I found this out after doing the above, but then trying to use a different card at some point. Called them up and they told me I must use the card I 'did use' the other day at the ATM.

When doing it online you will also need your special KEY SET, Ie; Enter number 93 ( = 2967 ) off the back of your key number card.

DSB.
Yes this how it worked with me using Vodafone.es. In fact I think I would to use a specific bank's ATM the first time.