Opening a Bar

Old Apr 24th 2021, 12:43 am
Just Joined

Mallorca Dreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Opening a Bar

We have found the ideal premises, and we have a plan.
Can anyone point me in the direction of resources of approximate running costs? How much does a brewry charge bar owners for beer, How much do you pay suppliers for; coke, water coffee etc, what taxes need to be paid - to the town hall. What licenses are needed.?
I know its not great now due to Covid, so we are going to wait until later in the year or even next year. - so please no replies about that
We speak English, Spanish, have TIEs (been here 18 years). We will open all year with both tourist and local trade.

Any guidance or help would be greatly appreciated

TIA
Old Apr 24th 2021, 3:03 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Opening a Bar

The bar owner should be able to provide evidence of
running costs? How much does a brewry charge bar owners for beer, How much do you pay suppliers for; coke, water coffee etc, what taxes need to be paid - to the town hall. What licenses are needed.?
Have you ever worked in the trade?
Old Apr 24th 2021, 4:01 am
Just Joined

Mallorca Dreamer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by missile
The bar owner should be able to provide evidence of
Have you ever worked in the trade?
Hi, it hadn’t been a bar for close to five years, so no concrete figures from the owner.
Yes I have, but not for some years.
Old Apr 24th 2021, 4:04 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallorca Dreamer
Hi, it hadn’t been a bar for close to five years, so no concrete figures from the owner.
Yes I have, but not for some years.
I suggest you try to find work in the trade so you can learn before you invest.
Old Apr 24th 2021, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice

What licences do the premises currently hold and are there any restrictions listed on them ?

Where in Mallorca is it situated ?

Do you speak German ?

Do you have any experience running or owning a bar/cafe/club or for that matter any business ?

Now may well be a great time to invest in a bar/cafe/club on Mallorca. Due to Covid and the current restrictions the market is currently on it's knees and firesales abound. My guess, and it is only a guess, is they won't be around for much longer.

Whatever you do make sure you engage a decent commercial lawyer experienced in commercial property and planning law based in Mallorca who speaks good English to advise.on the premises and your plans.

As for supplies and stock just ask the local suppliers.

Good Luck
Best
Loco

Old Apr 24th 2021, 8:32 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

If I had a Euro for everyone wanting to run a bar in Spain coming onto this site I would be rich, if the bar hasn't been operating as a bar for some time then there is a reason it closed, usually a lack of custom. Just be extremely careful, and remember that if it doesn't get the custom you want, then ylu have the problem of selling it again.
Old Apr 24th 2021, 8:47 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallorca Dreamer
We have found the ideal premises, and we have a plan.
Can anyone point me in the direction of resources of approximate running costs? How much does a brewry charge bar owners for beer, How much do you pay suppliers for; coke, water coffee etc, what taxes need to be paid - to the town hall. What licenses are needed.?
I know its not great now due to Covid, so we are going to wait until later in the year or even next year. - so please no replies about that
We speak English, Spanish, have TIEs (been here 18 years). We will open all year with both tourist and local trade.

Any guidance or help would be greatly appreciated

TIA
As you have been here 18 years I am sure that your local bar owners would be more than happy to discuss the nitty gritty with you and provide you with the information that you requite. No idea whether we still have any bar owners as members so the answers that you gain on here are possibly not as informative as you would like.

Rosemary
Old Apr 24th 2021, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Talk to a company like Leche Pascual, a typical supplier of coffee (and other products ) which is the major consumption in most Spanish bars, followed by wine. They will help assess throughput and should offer the appropriate coffee machine, cups etc etc based on a product volume consumption contract . There are plenty of other coffee roasters who will offer similar packages so have a look around, see what brands are displayed in other bars and pick a popular one.

See article in this link : https://www.proveedores.com/articulo...-con-los-bares