Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

online solbank problem

online solbank problem

Old May 26th 2011, 7:41 am
Just Joined

zipdip is an unknown quantity at this point
Default online solbank problem

Hi new to the forum but need some help ,I just opened a solbank account in spain,I am now back in uk and need to close the account I am told I can do this online what or how do I log on I have solbank cards with personel codes,what did you do to log online for the first time ,trying to deal with Solbank by email is like wading through mud.

Best Regards
Old May 26th 2011, 8:36 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: online solbank problem

As Concierges for the Spanish section of BE we would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Rosemary and Graham
Old May 26th 2011, 8:43 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

You will need to have registered with their online service. That would give you an ID number and password.

If you haven't already registered you should be able to do so online.

https://www.solbank.com/en/HERRAMIEN..._INICIAL/AYUDA
Old May 26th 2011, 11:26 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zipdip
Hi new to the forum but need some help ,I just opened a solbank account in spain,I am now back in uk and need to close the account I am told I can do this online what or how do I log on I have solbank cards with personel codes,what did you do to log online for the first time ,trying to deal with Solbank by email is like wading through mud.

Best Regards
Deal with your local branch by email and replies are very quick. Maybe they dont treat people closing their account with such priority, I dont know.

What Fred says anyway ..... so you have to register with the online service to close your account
Old May 26th 2011, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

Hi thanks for the replies having waded through the amazing amount of paperwork that was generated at the spanish bank,and trying to log on,and getting nowhere ,you are right you have to contact the customer services to activate the bank card,so I have just done that,so waiting for a reply,the London branch are not much use and I have been told twice I would have to go to Spain to close the account which would be mad this time of year as it would cost 500euros to close a account which holds 60euros,I have recieved a email from the branch which states I can do it online,we will see,with a charge of 30 euros to close the account plus I suspect a months fees say 10 euros plus I surpose a fee to send the remainder to my account in UK I should be left with enough to buy a pint.

Thanks for your help
Old May 26th 2011, 12:47 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Having experience of their charges you may owe them something.

I closed an account with them, no charge. Although I did it in the branch.
Old May 26th 2011, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

Tolly has a spectacular aura aboutTolly has a spectacular aura aboutTolly has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Deal with your local branch by email and replies are very quick.
this is my experience also
Old May 27th 2011, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

Hi I thought this problem would be corker I have recieved emails from the person who set up the account telling me to contact the call centre having called them from UK I was given another number which I called having taken the acc number they say they cannot close the account,neither can they change the account from the Prestige acc costing 17euros a month to a ordinary one costing 8euros,I have just sent a email to the person who set the account up asking her to change the account ,when we set it up she said all we had to do to change it was to tell her,well I have told her twice I await her response,I do not expect much joy,my thoughts are that people who want a spanish account should go for one that is free, then if anybody finds themselves in this situation you have time to go back to spain and sort it out.
Old May 27th 2011, 2:10 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zipdip
Hi I thought this problem would be corker I have recieved emails from the person who set up the account telling me to contact the call centre having called them from UK I was given another number which I called having taken the acc number they say they cannot close the account,neither can they change the account from the Prestige acc costing 17euros a month to a ordinary one costing 8euros,I have just sent a email to the person who set the account up asking her to change the account ,when we set it up she said all we had to do to change it was to tell her,well I have told her twice I await her response,I do not expect much joy,my thoughts are that people who want a spanish account should go for one that is free, then if anybody finds themselves in this situation you have time to go back to spain and sort it out.
I think thats a little unfair. For one thing, the premier account costs €22 a quarter not €17 a month. You do have a problem with them by the sounds of it, I dont know why because whenever I have asked them do do something, they have not had a problem. Clearly the statement "they can't close the account" must have a reason behind it, and I guess you need to find out why

I dont know about accounts in general, but I of course know that I can find less expensive accounts elsewhere. However, what you don't mention is that although the account is €22 a quarter, you actually get a lot of extras that a non premier account doesnt. Apart from the property based add ons, you also get a discount in many establishments. When I was in the UK I paid £12 a month with RBS .... but it wasn't £12 for nothing

Are you actually going back to Spain at all? Are there any direct payments taken out of the account that are set up? Do you have a property here?
Old May 28th 2011, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

Hi I surpose these accounts with all the extra things like free translation,legal advice maybe okay if you use them but I have always gone for the basic account compared to the uk accounts which can give you free insurance amongst other things the spanish offering is poor,still I have given up you cannot beat them so we have booked a holiday to Benidorm for a week and I will go to the Solbank there,we were going to buy a property but my partner got the worries and so we decided not to,thats why I broke a golden rule and had the prestige account I thought we would have it for 6 months then change,anyway thanks for your help.