Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

One way Van hire help

One way Van hire help

Old Mar 24th 2009, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

HereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really nice
Default One way Van hire help

hello
can anybody please recommend a one way Van hire (luton van size) from Plymouth area to Alicante? We are going to have to hire a Luton from Scotland to Plymouth through a national company, leave that van at Pymouth, unload then re-load a one-way to Alicante.

I have found a couple of sites on the internet, but any recommendations would be welcome,
thanks in advance
Kitty X
Old Mar 24th 2009, 7:03 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One way Van hire help

Originally Posted by HereKittyKitty
hello
can anybody please recommend a one way Van hire (luton van size) from Plymouth area to Alicante? We are going to have to hire a Luton from Scotland to Plymouth through a national company, leave that van at Pymouth, unload then re-load a one-way to Alicante.

I have found a couple of sites on the internet, but any recommendations would be welcome,
thanks in advance
Kitty X
If you look in the free beer thread your search will be at an end
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

torrebloke is an unknown quantity at this point

See if this helps, www.j-hire.co.uk do one way hire.
But work out total costs first.
I think you will find it very expensive and a lot of hassle.
UK van hire Scotland to South coast on way £100? j-hire (minimum 4 days check website) £460?
Ferry cost UK-Spain £400 diesel £400, plus all the loading and unloading TWICE!!!!
Try contacting www.landstransport.webs.com they will give you a pretty competative quote and they do the loading, unloading, and all the driving.
I've always found them very good and have nothing but praise for them.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

Smilz is just really niceSmilz is just really niceSmilz is just really niceSmilz is just really niceSmilz is just really niceSmilz is just really niceSmilz is just really niceSmilz is just really niceSmilz is just really niceSmilz is just really nice

hello

thanks in advance
Kitty X
My daughter is coming back and is looking at one way hire Spain to Plymouth PM me if you are interested its got to be cheaper to do a return and I will put u in touch.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

lostinspain will become famous soon enoughlostinspain will become famous soon enough

hello

thanks in advance
Kitty X
Isn't it cheaper just to buy a secondhand van since you will have to pay a lot for one way hire. Companies do it but it is so very expenssive. I hired a car from Lyon to Valencia this December and after they asked 430 eur I decided to ask a friend to return it to Lyon as she was going anyway. It cost me 120 eur that way.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 10:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: One way Van hire help

Originally Posted by lostinspain
Isn't it cheaper just to buy a secondhand van since you will have to pay a lot for one way hire. Companies do it but it is so very expenssive. I hired a car from Lyon to Valencia this December and after they asked 430 eur I decided to ask a friend to return it to Lyon as she was going anyway. It cost me 120 eur that way.
How do you overcome the insurance problem if you are both not preset to present documents at the first hire point?
Old Mar 25th 2009, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

HereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really nice

Hi thanks for your replies, smilz I have pm'd you.

Even saving a thousand pounds would be worth the hassle as we are in the nightmare situation of still trying to sell our house in UK so faced with 2 mortgages soon!

To be honest, I'd rather it that way as I'm fed up with "bargain hunters" thinking we will take a stupid offer! Thanks to the media, nobody wants to buy anything nowadays unless they get a "knock down price"
Old Mar 25th 2009, 12:41 pm
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry - all the vans I've seen are equipped with a reverse gear and steering wheel so I don't think they fulfil your criteria