Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

One for Domino (Granada flights)

One for Domino (Granada flights)

Old Oct 8th 2012, 2:25 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default One for Domino (Granada flights)

http://www.02b.com/es/notices/2012/1...rways_4160.php

New airline Hispania Airways will start operating in December from Federico García Lorca airport. Destinations will include Madrid, London and Paris

http://www.whichbudget.com/blog/en/n...ispania-airwas

Hispania Airways, based at Federico García Lorca Granada-Jaén Airport, will be introducing flights from Barcelona, London, Madrid, Paris and Rome, starting on 6th December. Flights to Tenerife, Las Palmas, Lisbon and Marrakech are also planned for the near future.

The airline says it will deliberately not try to position itself as "low cost" (the price from London to Granada on the inaugural flight is over £100 one way), but will focus on "recuperating original aviation industry values".

Last edited by steviedeluxe; Oct 8th 2012 at 2:55 pm.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 7:34 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One for Domino (Granada flights)

Another article in English here

http://www.02b.com/en/notices/2012/1...rways_3016.php
Old Oct 9th 2012, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

Cats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant future

A neighbour recently checked their website for a flight in March next year. He was quoted around 400 euros return each. It's a shame as Granada airport is closer to us than the others but 800 euros for 2 to visit the UK is a lot of money.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 2:10 pm
Not Banned (yet)

Originally Posted by Cats-R-Us
A neighbour recently checked their website for a flight in March next year. He was quoted around 400 euros return each. It's a shame as Granada airport is closer to us than the others but 800 euros for 2 to visit the UK is a lot of money.
Easter's in March next year, which probably explains that quote.
Not that the flights are low-cost, they start at over 100 one way. But I suspect it's aimed more at people who don't want to spend an extra few hours going via Malaga. You pays your money...
Old Oct 9th 2012, 2:14 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

you are obviously too young to remember Never Mind The Quality, Feel The Width.

those fares can be obtained discounted, and think how much people ACTUALLY pay for their special offer, discounted to the bone, trip with Ryanscare.

with all the add-on's and the lack of civility and the 15mile commando course hike to get to the Ryanscare gate at Stansted and the Gestapo they used to have inspecting the recesses of your hand luggage as soon as you arrived at "Their" part of the airport, to be treated as a human being who is paying someone's wages isnt alot more than that experience.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 2:38 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
http://www.02b.com/es/notices/2012/1...rways_4160.php

New airline Hispania Airways will start operating in December from Federico García Lorca airport. Destinations will include Madrid, London and Paris

http://www.whichbudget.com/blog/en/n...ispania-airwas
Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Stevie, my apologies for seeming to ignore this post whilst taking part in other threads - just I wanted to make sure of the info I had, which proved difficult as I couldnt remember the name of the airline

Yes good news about Hispania, they are a new airline that are hoping to fill the Spanair gaps.
You should also know about VOLOTEA who are also a new startup established by Barcelona-based Alaeo S.L., a company created by former Vueling founders, Carlos Muñoz and Lázaro Ros. It commenced operations on 5 April 2012, from Venice Marco Polo Airport. The name "Volotea" originates from the Spanish verb "revolotear," meaning "to fly around."

The company is backed by three private-equity funds, two of them from Europe (Axis Participaciones Empresariales and Corpfin Capital) and a third one from the United States—CCMP Capital, whose chairman, Greg Brenneman, one-time President and COO of America's Continental Airlines, also chairs Volotea's board. The company raised over €50m before operations began. Their initial operational base will be Venice, using 717's, although being Spanish registered.
I must say that Italy has proved popular for many years with flights to/from Spain and numbers don't seem to be falling. Even Ryanair are still maintaining their flights tween Spain and Italy even thought they seem to be reducing to the UK.

Volotea don't advertise it in their current destinations but have said they will be using Granada on a seasonal basis only.
A few weeks ago I was on the bus into Granada and one of their planes, distinctive checkers tailplane, flew overhead across Atarfe into Federico García Lorca Granada-Jaén Airport (GRX). They only made a couple of flights before the end of the "season" but it was nice to see.

I have alot of time for GRX, it is relatively basic and really needs a cash injection to improve its facilities, but obviously passenger numbers must come to justify that as IMRC it is owned by the Granada Ayuntamiento. It is also very relaxed about things, and also there is an hourly bus service to the centre of the city for a princely €3 (2011 figures), better than the €20 - €25 for a taxi of which there are plenty.

GRX gives good access into the Poniente de Granada where the city is still seeing 2.5million visitors a year. (Oh to be able to take just €1 from each of them)

so...ads over, thanks for the update Stevie, I am working on an AVE update at the moment......
Old Oct 10th 2012, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Cats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant futureCats-R-Us has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Domino
you are obviously too young to remember Never Mind The Quality, Feel The Width.
Thank you for that, but I can remember it. I am even old enough to remember seeing the Queen's Coronation on a small black and white TV, fitted with a very large magnifying glass in front which distorted the picture. The TV cabinet was actually very large but the screen area quite small. I was very young at the time though.
Old Oct 10th 2012, 1:48 pm

Thank you for that, but I can remember it. I am even old enough to remember seeing the Queen's Coronation on a small black and white TV, fitted with a very large magnifying glass in front which distorted the picture. The TV cabinet was actually very large but the screen area quite small. I was very young at the time though.
yes, my father like oh so many bought our very first tv for the coronation.
then updated to a set top box to watch ITV

memories...........