Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

BBC RADIO moves to UK beam

BBC RADIO moves to UK beam

Old Oct 4th 2012, 2:31 pm
Banned

BAT7311 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BBC RADIO moves to UK beam

the BBC have said as of 15/10 that the radio stations will move to a UK only beam,so will be the same signal as BBC1/ITV when ASTRA 2F takes over on ´´1st november´´

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/abouttheb...ing-BBC-One-HD

Old Oct 4th 2012, 2:58 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC RADIO moves to UK beam

well as i use Player online it won't make any difference to me, especially as I don't have a satellite dish (atm)
Old Oct 4th 2012, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this point

It might be me, probably is, but where in the page linked is there mention of either Astra 2F or the1st November ?
Old Oct 4th 2012, 3:45 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lyric050203
It might be me, probably is, but where in the page linked is there mention of either Astra 2F or the1st November ?
No and no.

But it is known that 2F will be replacing 1N in the near future.
2F was launched on Friday 28th, and has still not made it to its test location.
In the past few laucnhes, Astra tests have been about 2 months. But as to an exact date for 2F to be operational, no-one knows for sure.

Last edited by The Guy; Oct 4th 2012 at 4:35 pm.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 5:17 pm
Banned

well the bbc and astra do as both have said they will have ASTRA2F up and running first week in november ....
Old Oct 4th 2012, 5:21 pm

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAT7311
well the bbc and astra do as both have said they will have ASTRA2F up and running first week in november ....
Do you have any on line references that mention the start of UK TV services on 2F from "1st week in November" from BBC or SES?

As far as I know SES have said simply UK TV services will begin "as soon as possible" and that any further information on testing and dates is comercially sensitive and not in the public domain yet.

Although SES have said that they would like to have their internet service up and running on 2F by 1st November...but this was before the weeks delay to launch, there has been no mention of any dates for the start of UK TV services from Astra 2F.

Last edited by The Guy; Oct 4th 2012 at 5:29 pm.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 5:23 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by lyric050203
i didnt say the blog stated those points ,except the point that the BBC leave 2a end of October ,but SES are starting their New KA broadband service to France f rom 2F first week in November...
Old Oct 4th 2012, 5:31 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by The Guy
Do you have any on line references that mention this "1st week in November" from BBC and SES? None of the usual sources I know have have no mention of 1st week in November.

try SES they are starting KA services into France first week in november
BBC say in blog that 2A service stop end of OCTOBER
(TRANSFER OF 1N/2A/2D >TO 2F)
Also martin halliwell said ´ beginning of November ´during the launch
and hes SES Chief Technology Officer at Betzdorf
Old Oct 4th 2012, 6:08 pm

try SES they are starting KA services into France first week in november
But thats nothing to do with the start of UK TV services.

BBC say in blog that 2A service stop end of OCTOBER (TRANSFER OF 1N/2A/2D >TO 2F)
Yes the blog does say that 2A service stop end of OCTOBER. But it does not mean the start of 2F UK TV services as you have implied.
And Astra 1n was "operational" months before the BBC moved to it!

Also martin halliwell said ´ beginning of November ´during the launch and hes SES Chief Technology Officer at Betzdorf
...again, there was no mention as to which service that was for, be it for their internet service, or the UK TV services.

There were a few other vague and ambiguous statements during launch also....and a number of people picked up that the date mentioned for the start of thier internet service to mean the start of UK TV transmissions also...nothing confirmed as yet for the start of UK TV transmissions on 2F yet. For all we know the Middle East beam may start first with their TV services and that is what they were talking about! each seperate service will have their own timescales...and rather than a general "start date" individual start dates for each service would be prefered, and as far as we know only 1 has been mentioned, that for the internet services.

The main impact for expats wil be thatt he BBC radio stations that have been available on smaller dishes for many years (as opposed to the "big" disges needs for the TV services) will no longer be able to receive those BBC Radio services. The BBC say simply "listen to BBC Worls Service instead!"

Last edited by The Guy; Oct 4th 2012 at 6:29 pm.
Old Oct 4th 2012, 6:58 pm
Banned

eh be a bit hard to start a MIDDLE EAST BEAM on 2F because it aint got one ??
and as for saying the start of the KA service into France which SES have issued a PRESS STATEMENT saying is going to happen means that 2F is live as of first week November..apart from the main effect on 2F being a tighter beam then 1N
is the fact that it is 3000km to the UK beam in tenerife and only 1500km to the
WEST AFRICA beam where you can use a 1m dish in DAKAR .if SES is to reuse freqencies then the ´2d´ones would be best choose as its 4500km apart
Old Oct 4th 2012, 8:58 pm

eh be a bit hard to start a MIDDLE EAST BEAM on 2F because it aint got one ??
OK "For all we know the African beam may start first"

Getting me E and F mixed.

and as for saying the start of the KA service into France which SES have issued a PRESS STATEMENT saying is going to happen means that 2F is live as of first week November
And again, yes I agree and have seen the statements about their KA service scheduled on 2F from 1st November.

But, with all due respect you are not grasping that this does not mean that the UK TV services will also start on 2F at the same time, which you claimed in your first post "BBC1/ITV when ASTRA 2F takes over on ´´1st november´´ "

Again, Yes the blog you referenced does say that "2A service stop end of OCTOBER". But it does not mean that is confirmation of the start of 2F UK TV services the 1st Nov as you have implied.

Nothing has been mentioned or confirmed by Astra, BBC ITV or others as to when the UK TV services will be starting on 2F. True it may happen that week, it may happen earlier, it may not happen until after xmas, but nothing confirmed.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 9:46 am
Banned

this is a general chat forum,not a press office,so using what info i have to put out there is helpful in the absence of official statements . saying ´´i dont know ánd no body knows´´ all the time .... i dont know why you do that ??
Old Oct 5th 2012, 10:44 am

this is a general chat forum,not a press office,so using what info i have to put out there is helpful in the absence of official statements . saying ´´i dont know ánd no body knows´´ all the time .... i dont know why you do that ??
Because, like i said, nothing has been confirmed by SES or the broadcasters about when UK TV services will start on 2F.

Just because they say that they they would like to start a completely unrelated internet service on 1st Nov, does not confirm that all other services destined for 2F will start on that day also.

you claimed "well the bbc and astra do as both have said they will have ASTRA2F up and running first week in november " ... with no backingup or source of the BBC saying they will be on 2F on the 1st November. Simply saying the BBC will stop on 2A, does not mean they will start on 2F the next day. 2+2=3? Therefore this statement is speculation and gossip.

In the absence of any confirmation from the broadcastes or SES about the start of UK TV tranmisison on 2F, then any dates for the start of tranmissions of UK TV on 2F is just speculation, rumour and gossip at the moment. Hence the "no-one knows". I coudl say that yes early November has been rumoured, as has early December. Even January (as Sky block epg changes around xmas time). But nothing has been confirmed by anyone for the start of uk tv transmission on 2F. Thats my point.

Last edited by The Guy; Oct 5th 2012 at 11:13 am.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 8:59 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by The Guy
Because, like i said, nothing has been confirmed by SES or the broadcasters about when UK TV services will start on 2F.

Just because they say that they they would like to start a completely unrelated internet service on 1st Nov, does not confirm that all other services destined for 2F will start on that day also.

you claimed "well the bbc and astra do as both have said they will have ASTRA2F up and running first week in november " ... with no backingup or source of the BBC saying they will be on 2F on the 1st November. Simply saying the BBC will stop on 2A, does not mean they will start on 2F the next day. 2+2=3? Therefore this statement is speculation and gossip.

In the absence of any confirmation from the broadcastes or SES about the start of UK TV tranmisison on 2F, then any dates for the start of tranmissions of UK TV on 2F is just speculation, rumour and gossip at the moment. Hence the "no-one knows". I coudl say that yes early November has been rumoured, as has early December. Even January (as Sky block epg changes around xmas time). But nothing has been confirmed by anyone for the start of uk tv transmission on 2F. Thats my point.
well the BBC AND SES have said that ASTRA 2F will be ACTIVE in NOVEMBER .... as for when they TRANSFER ASTRA 1N to 2F yes there is no date but i dont know why you only want to have 100 pc answers to everything ??? and as to say that if they start the CONFIRMED KA service on 1/11 to say ´january´ is just daft ,by then ASTRA 1N will be back at 19E and 2C will be back at 28E ...to keep posting í dont know and no one else knows is incorrect .if you dont know anything just dont bother telling anyone
and to keep saying ´´no one else knows´´,well you dont know that,thats you ´´guessing ´´which is where you came in ...
Old Oct 5th 2012, 10:12 pm

well the BBC ... have said that ASTRA 2F will be ACTIVE in NOVEMBER
Again, would really appreciate a link as to the the evidence from the BBC to support this "fact". I have not seen anything from the BBC to confirm this on the many satellite forums I read...(perhaps I have missed it, which is why I asked for a link in the first place?)

"BBC say in blog that 2A service stop end of OCTOBER" is not evidence to support this fact. That is simply saying that the BBC lease on a transponder on a different satellite is coming to an end.

If you said that statement in a court, with no evidence from the BBC to back it up, your case would fail.

if you dont know anything just dont bother telling anyone and to keep saying ´´no one else knows´´,well you dont know that,thats you ´´guessing ´´
which all along is kinda my point about the "fact" you posted with no evidence to suport your "fact".

i dont know why you only want to have 100 pc answers to everything
Erm... otherwise it is not fact, but gossip speculation and erm "you ´´guessing ´´".... ?????

Perhaps (diplomatically) this is just a miscommunication as to operational dates and UK TV services transfer dates .... as this is going nowhere...

Last edited by The Guy; Oct 5th 2012 at 10:36 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.