Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Off-topic posts from Costa Esuri thread

Off-topic posts from Costa Esuri thread

Old Jun 1st 2009, 5:07 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Off-topic posts from Costa Esuri thread

I have moved some posts out of the Costa Esuri thread as I didn't think we were all being fair taking it so far off-topic.

To address the PM issue. We can't please all of the people all of the time, we try but that is not always possible. The PM restriction had to be instigated due to it's misuse by spammers and other other persons who felt it was okay to spam our members via pm or to join BE just so that they could use the pm system to their own end. We had to act to stop that happening so we created the 3 rule policy. Other forums have much more stringent rules in place such as having to make 10, 20 or in some cases 50 posts. Some don't allow private messages at all. Yes, the 3 post rule is a small inconvenience to people, but it's not a major one. At the end of the day this is a discussion forum, if someone has only joined to utilize the pm system you have to wonder about their motives

Now I am going to close this thread. If you want to continue this discussion you can pm me.