Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

hiring spanish style suit

hiring spanish style suit

Old Jun 1st 2009, 4:52 pm
around

w1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud of
Default hiring spanish style suit

Hi can you hire this kind of suit anywhere. I know its got name for it i cant remember whats it called. Anyway is for my wee boy n hubby . Where is the best n semi cheap shop. Are they in the same shops as the flamenco dress shop or not.
thanks
Attached Thumbnails hiring spanish style suit-october08_feria_3.jpg  
Old Jun 1st 2009, 4:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: hiring spanish style suit

Originally Posted by scottishwildcat
Hi can you hire this kind of suit anywhere. I know its got name for it i cant remember whats it called. Anyway is for my wee boy n hubby . Where is the best n semi cheap shop. Are they in the same shops as the flamenco dress shop or not.
thanks
Best semi cheap shop, where???? Which part of Spain are you in?

Yes, you can hire. Yes, they are usually in the same shops as the flamenco dresses (although not always).

You can call it a traje corto, but there are other names too.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 5:02 pm
around

w1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Veleta
Best semi cheap shop, where???? Which part of Spain are you in?

Yes, you can hire. Yes, they are usually in the same shops as the flamenco dresses (although not always).

You can call it a traje corto, but there are other names too.
Hi sorry im outside feungirola costa del sol. But not there at the moment back out in july .
Old Jun 1st 2009, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Bit off topic, can you hire flamenco dresses in Spain ? If so does anyone know where ? I am near Sevilla.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
Bit off topic, can you hire flamenco dresses in Spain ? If so does anyone know where ? I am near Sevilla.
Seville is probably one of the best places for precisely this!

I don't know of any shop names, but I would just go into any of the flamenco shops and ask if they provide a hire service. If not, I'm sure they would know a shop that does.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for quick response I will try it.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 6:51 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for quick response I will try it.

Wow .... you taking it up?
Old Jun 1st 2009, 6:55 pm
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice

Originally Posted by scottishwildcat
Hi sorry im outside feungirola costa del sol. But not there at the moment back out in july .
Go to Malaga city.

From the port enter the main tourist street called Calle Marquis de Larios or it could be Calle Molino Lario its paved pedestrian with large shops on both sides.

At the top there is a square around 150 meters, turn left and follow the road, you`ll find three Flemenco shops that sell them/hire them, if they don`t they`ll point you to a place near.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Wow .... you taking it up?
No well maybe but not right now ! The lady that made my wedding dress has now said she is not willing to alter it to be able to wear to fiestas I am looking for a VERY competent dressmaker and the possiblity of hiring for events in the meantime.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

No well maybe but not right now ! The lady that made my wedding dress has now said she is not willing to alter it to be able to wear to fiestas I am looking for a VERY competent dressmaker and the possiblity of hiring for events in the meantime.
Keep your eyes peeled for all those adverts people stick to lampposts....I found my dressmaker that way. For 50 euros she will measure me and cut all the pieces of fabric, leaving the stitching to me (which is very easy).

Alternatively she would make the whole flamenco dress for I think it was about 120 euros if I remember correctly. Obviously that didn't include the fabric....you need approx 10 metres of fabric to make a flamenco dress!
Old Jun 1st 2009, 8:38 pm
around

Hi thanks for helping,
Ok i had my dress made about 8yrs ago , but the lady passed away not long ago . So when im out ill get of my butt have a look . I hope i kit out my son for his suit maybe get him a flamenco dress instead .