Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

OCTOBER 1/2 TERM

OCTOBER 1/2 TERM

Old Aug 15th 2007, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice
Default OCTOBER 1/2 TERM

Do the spanish schools break up for October 1/2 term as the UK ones do? Or do they not because of the long summer holidays?
Old Aug 15th 2007, 5:31 pm
Dipsomaniac

mikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: OCTOBER 1/2 TERM

Originally Posted by jeanc
Do the spanish schools break up for October 1/2 term as the UK ones do? Or do they not because of the long summer holidays?
Certainly the schools that my sons go to don't have half terms. Maybe the international ones do, I wouldn't know
Old Aug 15th 2007, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

The one (international/british school) i've been working in doesn´t - neither does the new one I'm going to.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 6:06 pm

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the Spanish schools have 3 months in summer and then a few days over christmas. As far as I am aware thats all they have.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky
I think the Spanish schools have 3 months in summer and then a few days over christmas. As far as I am aware thats all they have.
Thought so otherwise they would never be there!
Old Aug 15th 2007, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

they dont have half terms, only hols at christmas, easter and then of course the looong summer

but they do have the fiestas and added bridge days - we have 9th and 12th october but cant remember if that are local or national
Old Aug 16th 2007, 9:53 am

glad 2 b back is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spain
they dont have half terms, only hols at christmas, easter and then of course the looong summer

but they do have the fiestas and added bridge days - we have 9th and 12th october but cant remember if that are local or national
yep 3 months in the summer, a couple of bank holidays here and there, 2 weeks at crimbo, one week for semana blanca then another for semana santa, and some more bank holidays.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by glad 2 b back
yep 3 months in the summer, a couple of bank holidays here and there, 2 weeks at crimbo, one week for semana blanca then another for semana santa, and some more bank holidays.
Hi glad tbb,
Haven't been on for a few weeks but read a thread by you last night. Glad to hear everything is working out well for you and your daughter has had a wonderfull 1st year at school.. You sound so much happier, glad you've settled
Jean
Old Aug 16th 2007, 10:18 am

Hi glad tbb,
Haven't been on for a few weeks but read a thread by you last night. Glad to hear everything is working out well for you and your daughter has had a wonderfull 1st year at school.. You sound so much happier, glad you've settled
Jean

Oh thank you xx Yeah I feel a lot calmer now and settled! although I went back for 2 weeks and had quite a stressful time but glad to be back here again even though I'm sick!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by glad 2 b back
Oh thank you xx Yeah I feel a lot calmer now and settled! although I went back for 2 weeks and had quite a stressful time but glad to be back here again even though I'm sick!
Oh poor you! nothing too serious I hope?
Old Aug 16th 2007, 10:30 am

Oh poor you! nothing too serious I hope?
Its quite horrible, its a never ending cough I've had it for nearly a month and when I get a fit I can't breathe, sometimes vomit, its just nasty and quite embarrasing. My OH keeps pleading with me to go to the docs but I don't like to, medicine just stops your immune system from working. Anyway I'll stop moaning and hopefully it will just go away