Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

NZ to UK to Spain

NZ to UK to Spain

Old Feb 3rd 2012, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

kiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to behold
Default NZ to UK to Spain

Hello, my partner and I after much deliberation are returning to the UK from New Zealand after 20 years....We are lucky that we will be able to buy a house in the Uk and hopefully will be able to buy a modest flat in Spain. The idea is we will miss the sunshine and will need somewhere to run off to. We have holidayed in Spain years ago...and we loved a beach holiday at a place called Fenals around the corner from Loret (which we didn't like). So ...I guess what I am asking is where to start looking for a property, it looks like we will be able to bargain hard as there seems to be a lot of stuff for sale. Any pointers gratefully received....ta in advance
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 8:43 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NZ to UK to Spain

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

kiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to beholdkiwibrit101 is a splendid one to behold

That's very kind...Thank You!
Old Feb 4th 2012, 6:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwibrit101
That's very kind...Thank You!
There are members of the Spain forum from Catalunya who will hopefully come along, but should your search spread down the coast yes there are myriads of properties for sale, have been for some long time and unfortunately not everyone is realising they need to drop their prices!
Good luck and welcome
Old Feb 4th 2012, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Same here many apartments for sale, just find the area you like and will have myriad of choices, good luck
Old Feb 4th 2012, 9:38 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Not everyone can afford to and many of those who can would rather keep their porperty than drop their price below what they consider to be market value.
Old Feb 5th 2012, 6:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
Not everyone can afford to and many of those who can would rather keep their porperty than drop their price below what they consider to be market value.
That being the critical phrase. Market value is of course what someone is prepared to pay...........
Old Feb 6th 2012, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of light

Hi I'm in Catalunya but well north of Loret.

There is an awful lot of property for sale around here just like the rest of Spain. About every 3rd house in our urbo is supposed to be for sale. Hard to be sure because most of them don't display 'For Sale' signs. Nothing near us has changed hands in a couple of years.
Property prices have dropped a little in this area since we came here just over 4 years ago. However I don't think they have dropped anything like as much as in the south.
The nicest parts of the Costa Brava are targetted by rich people from Barcelona many of whom have second homes in this area, so that has kept the prices relatively stable.
It is very beautiful around here, not unlike some parts of NZ but if you are really looking for a bargain holiday home I would look further south.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

Thank you, I think we will look south to, but I did like that coast, We trained in from Narbonne to Girona and poodled down the coast to Barcelona ..just lovely!