Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Nuisance Electricity Tripping

Nuisance Electricity Tripping

Old Oct 12th 2017, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

Loco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nuisance Electricity Tripping

Originally Posted by Longlegpete
Have you tried Ebay, lots of stuff and some sellers ship to Spain

Going to UK very soon so no problem.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 12:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Loco Pedro

Interestingly, you cannot get a 32 amp RCD trip around here.

I even tried C.E.F. - and they said it does not exist in Spain.
Of course, no problem in England - about £20 + vat.
C.E.F. quoted 74 euros for a 40 amp RCD !!!
This catalogue takes a while to download

Catálogo General 2011-2012

Go to page 391 and you will see
INTERRUPTORES DIFFERENTIAL
INTESIDAD NOMINAL 25 Y 40A
78225-62 25A
78240-62 40A

SIMON is a Spanish electrical manufacturing company products available all over Spain/World
I used many of their products when reffiting my house

Added:-
If you go to page 401 you will find RCD's up to 80 amp

Last edited by Fredbargate; Oct 12th 2017 at 1:04 pm.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Loco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond reputeLoco Pedro has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
This catalogue takes a while to download

Catálogo General 2011-2012

Go to page 391 and you will see
INTERRUPTORES DIFFERENTIAL
INTESIDAD NOMINAL 25 Y 40A
78225-62 25A
78240-62 40A

SIMON is a Spanish electrical manufacturing company products available all over Spain/World
I used many of their products when reffiting my house

Added:-
If you go to page 401 you will find RCD's up to 80 amp

Thanks, but I don't want 40 amp !
Old Oct 12th 2017, 4:46 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Interestingly, you cannot get a 32 amp RCD trip around here.
I even tried C.E.F. - and they said it does not exist in Spain.
Then don't use C.E.F. - they clearly have no idea.

We bought a 32A RCD here in Spain from a company called Sindel
Old Oct 12th 2017, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Then don't use C.E.F. - they clearly have no idea.

We bought a 32A RCD here in Spain from a company called Sindel

I'm intrigued.
When & where did you buy it ?
Old Oct 13th 2017, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.sindel.es/portafolio
Old Oct 13th 2017, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Nuisance Electricity Tripping

I might well be wrong but never mind
Old Oct 14th 2017, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

How long ago did you buy it ?
Old Oct 14th 2017, 9:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

If you go to the Simon link I posted earlier you will find on page 402 what you are looking for.
Old Oct 14th 2017, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

If you go to the Simon link I posted earlier you will find on page 402 what you are looking for.

Thanks for that.
Yes - a 32A 30mA interruptore combinado is there.
However, the catalogue date is 2012.
I'm trying to find a more recent version and the newest appears to be 2016.
But the part No: 78532-61 in the 2012 version does not appear to be in the 2016 version.
I'm still searching though.
As a complete layman, if I can't find a 32 amp I have no idea whether it would be inappropriate to fit a 40 Amp to replace the 25 Amp which trips very intermittently.
Old Oct 14th 2017, 11:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks for that.
Yes - a 32A 30mA interruptore combinado is there.
However, the catalogue date is 2012.
I'm trying to find a more recent version and the newest appears to be 2016.
But the part No: 78532-61 in the 2012 version does not appear to be in the 2016 version.
I'm still searching though.
As a complete layman, if I can't find a 32 amp I have no idea whether it would be inappropriate to fit a 40 Amp to replace the 25 Amp which trips very intermittently.
Firstly go to a good electrical shop and ask them for a 32 amp RCD or print the page of the Simon catalogue 2012 to show them, better still if you can find a Simon distribuor.
Do I presume correctly that your RCD then supplies the distribution box fitted with a number of fuses?
If so a 40 amp will be OK because that will act as the RCD protecting the distribution box and the individual fuses which will protect each circuit.

I have an 80 amp RCD which protects the distribution box fitted with a selection of 30 + 20 + 15 + 6 amp fuses 177 amps in total

Last edited by Fredbargate; Oct 14th 2017 at 12:04 pm.
Old Oct 14th 2017, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

Firstly go to a good electrical shop and ask them for a 32 amp RCD or print the page of the Simon catalogue 2012 to show them, better still if you can find a Simon distribuor.
Do I presume correctly that your RCD then supplies the distribution box fitted with a number of fuses?
If so a 40 amp will be OK because that will act as the RCD protecting the distribution box and the individual fuses which will protect each circuit.

I have an 80 amp RCD which protects the distribution box fitted with a selection of 30 + 20 + 15 + 6 amp fuses 177 amps in total

The incoming live & neutral connect to a 25A circuit breaker, next to which on the rail is the 25A RCD, followed by various circuit breakers for the house and garage etc..
Does that answer your question ?
Old Oct 14th 2017, 1:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The incoming live & neutral connect to a 25A circuit breaker, next to which on the rail is the 25A RCD, followed by various circuit breakers for the house and garage etc..
Does that answer your question ?
I doubt a 32 or 40 amp RCD will make a difference they like the 25 amp will trip if there is an earth leakage.
However it could be that your 25 amp RCD is faulty so worth a try with a new one.
If it does you will still have to find and resolve the underlying problem.
Old Oct 14th 2017, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

I doubt a 32 or 40 amp RCD will make a difference they like the 25 amp will trip if there is an earth leakage.
However it could be that your 25 amp RCD is faulty so worth a try with a new one.
If it does you will still have to find and resolve the underlying problem.

I'm merely following the received wisdom posted by Snikpoh, Missile etc. on this thread - who say 25 amp is only just sufficient for 5.75kW potencia. But that assumes we never get any power surges / fluctuations - which of course we certainly do.
Assuming the old trip is faulty and needs to be changed, is it not better to upgrade it whilst doing so - as they suggest ?

As for finding the underlying fault - I don't think we have a hope in hell of finding it because its almost never present for longer than a few seconds.
No electrician has told me categorically that they have a method of finding it. Nor has anyone on this thread.
Old Oct 14th 2017, 2:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm merely following the received wisdom posted by Snikpoh, Missile etc. on this thread - who say 25 amp is only just sufficient for 5.75kW potencia. But that assumes we never get any power surges / fluctuations - which of course we certainly do.
Assuming the old trip is faulty and needs to be changed, is it not better to upgrade it whilst doing so - as they suggest ?

As for finding the underlying fault - I don't think we have a hope in hell of finding it because its almost never present for longer than a few seconds.
No electrician has told me categorically that they have a method of finding it. Nor has anyone on this thread.
25 amp is on the limit for 5.75kw, but why is it the RCD tripping and not the main circuit breaker or one of the others?

It does not sound like an overload which would trip the relevant circuit breaker, also what would overload in your absence?
Most likely a leakage
You could replace the other circuit breakers with RCD ones and bypass the 25 amp RCD then you should find which circuit is the problem one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.