Not Long Now

Old Jun 7th 2007, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

Sugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of light
Default Not Long Now

Well we have had the date for our move and it looks like we're going on the
18th of June.I feel sick just thinking about driving all that way with 3 dogs in tow, anyone else nearly ready for the off that can sympathise with me.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 10:27 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Not Long Now

Originally Posted by Sugarlugs
18th of June.I feel sick just thinking about driving all that way with 3 dogs in tow, anyone else nearly ready for the off that can sympathise with me.
Hey thats great news Dont panic it the drive will be just fine. My neighbour drove down with her dog and it went ok. Good luck with the move and let us know how you go on as soon as you get on a computer.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Sugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Sam will do, I cant believe its finally come round so much to so little time.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Hey Sugarlugs ***GOOD LUCK*** I'm sure you'll be fine. Hope you have a wonderfull new life in Espana. I'm sure your dogs will be happier with you than boxed up on a plane, just make sure you've plenty of water and lots of stops, relax and enjoy the scenery!
Old Jun 7th 2007, 10:39 am

Thanks Sam will do, I cant believe its finally come round so much to so little time.
Like Jean says enjoy the drive and the scenery. I flew with my dog and I would never advise anyone to do that!! They will be much happier with you and I hope they enjoy their life in Spain as much as my dog does.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Originally Posted by sam parky
Like Jean says enjoy the drive and the scenery. I flew with my dog and I would never advise anyone to do that!! They will be much happier with you and I hope they enjoy their life in Spain as much as my dog does.
How long have you lived in spain Sam? and is it everything you wanted it to be?
Old Jun 7th 2007, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by jeanc
How long have you lived in spain Sam? and is it everything you wanted it to be?
We have been here 19 months now. I have to say it is everything we wanted it to be and more besides. We have made great friends, got lovely weather (well, most of the time anyway lol). Its just so nice to have a life that is more outside than inside with the heating on. So far I would say its the best thing we have ever done and anyone thinking of moving to Spain or anywhere else for that matter then go for it
Old Jun 7th 2007, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

We have been here 19 months now. I have to say it is everything we wanted it to be and more besides. We have made great friends, got lovely weather (well, most of the time anyway lol). Its just so nice to have a life that is more outside than inside with the heating on. So far I would say its the best thing we have ever done and anyone thinking of moving to Spain or anywhere else for that matter then go for it
Good for you, Glad it's all working out.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 11:25 am
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

A big Congratulationsto you Sugarlugs,how exciting for you,dont worry about the drive its really nice,your dogs will be fine,there are plenty of places to stop and walk them,take your time and think of the drive down has a couple of days out touring about,oh I wish it was us........wishing you all the very best,good luck.....
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all

Enjoy your drive down and I hope everything goes smoothly for you.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all

Which airline did you fly with and how much did it cost for your dog? We are taking a rabbit and guinea-pig but have no idea how much it would cost to fly them.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by sunnydee
Which airline did you fly with and how much did it cost for your dog? We are taking a rabbit and guinea-pig but have no idea how much it would cost to fly them.
We flew with Monarch Airlines. As you can see from my dogs picture he is only tiny but it cost £385. It cost me and hubby £14.99 so a bit of a rip off to fly an animal.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Sam. We have used Monarch everytime as they are always the cheapest. I will give them a ring - don't really want to pay that per animal though! It's so comlicated deciding how to get the pets, kids and essentials over. Easy option or expensive - a lottery win would certainly help!
Old Jun 7th 2007, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by sunnydee
Thanks Sam. We have used Monarch everytime as they are always the cheapest. I will give them a ring - don't really want to pay that per animal though! It's so comlicated deciding how to get the pets, kids and essentials over. Easy option or expensive - a lottery win would certainly help!
The thing I didnt like about flying my dog was the fact that he couldnt be sedated. It was just awful knowing he was in the dark hold with all the suitcases. He did survive it ok but took him about 36 hours to be back to normal. I should imagine it will be cheaper for your smaller pets. Let me know how you get on.
Old Jun 7th 2007, 2:56 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Just think of it as an adventure ... Stop worrying about it in advance and enjoy your road trip... I wish you all the best!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.