norton

Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: norton

Just downloading the adware one noe and that says i have 40 mins for download jesus lol
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:34 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I'm aware of what I've got Tim in relation to over coverage, and it suits me fine as I've not had problems and thats the main thing
Couldn't agree more! Was just pointing out that you don't have to pay for it! Much better to be safe than sorry, but some of these programs can take up loads of resources and precious bandwidth on your line. As most of us are aware Nortons, which is one of the most popular anti virus programs can slow a 2 year old, haft decent pc to a crawl, just by the way it processes information.
Regards
Tim
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Miss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Naughty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by valenciatim
Couldn't agree more! Was just pointing out that you don't have to pay for it! Much better to be safe than sorry, but some of these programs can take up loads of resources and precious bandwidth on your line. As most of us are aware Nortons, which is one of the most popular anti virus programs can slow a 2 year old, haft decent pc to a crawl, just by the way it processes information.
Regards
Tim
My Laptop is a fujitsu siemens bought in jan and has been really slow even with broadband since i managed to get rid of norton, when i switch it on it is 50% quicker.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:37 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
The link I gave you externally checks your pc to see if it can be breached, and gives you a report. Its a secure site, used by computer companies in the UK
What`s that little window that comes up saying any info being passed can be read by a third party and your IP address is on show.
Attached Thumbnails norton-third-party.jpg  
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Do i get rid of my anti spy which is norton but through yahoo?????
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:39 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Regards
Tim
They got a cheek naming it after a cool motorbike. lol
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:39 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I'm getting dizzy!
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I'm getting dizzy!
Hey baby,

Your dizzy try being me for the last 24 hours.

This is sending me crazy and dizzy im not quick like most and Mr N is at work

so i am struggerling, I am meant to be baking with my 5 yr old but got to get this done.

Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:44 am
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Naughty
If you used the Norton Removal tool you should not have any Norton left on the system............have a look in your ADD/REMOVE program to see if any is showing.............
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:45 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

I have the bt voyager 22v adsl voice router equipment.

Do you think i may have done something wrong

i need a holiday after this xx
Don`t jump the gun on anything PC wise, get all the info first and it will work out so much easier. ;-))
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jdr
Don`t jump the gun on anything PC wise, get all the info first and it will work out so much easier. ;-))
Thanks i am getting a lot of help of you lot and i really appreciate it.

I will let you all know what happensxx
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:49 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

I am getting dizzy too.
If you are on BT, what is this Norton through Yahoo thing ?
Do like jandy said and use the Norton cleaner, I put the link to it in the Lab thread.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jdr
I am getting dizzy too.
If you are on BT, what is this Norton through Yahoo thing ?
Do like jandy said and use the Norton cleaner, I put the link to it in the Lab thread.
Hi

It is when i downloaded the yahoo bar it came with free norton anti-spy but i can remove that easily enough.

Sorry for confusing every one xxx
Old Jul 29th 2007, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

My Laptop is a fujitsu siemens bought in jan and has been really slow even with broadband since i managed to get rid of norton, when i switch it on it is 50% quicker.
By definition, a laptop is never going to be a very fast computer unless you spend at least £1500 on one. Those that are bought from places like PCW etc have loads of software and bits bundled with them to make them seem reasonably priced, hiding the fact that the spec of the computer is about the minimum required to run the operating system. It's accepted that Windows XP needs a minimum of 1 gig of memory to function anywhere near properly, and Vista more like 2 Gig, until recently, some of the big shops were shipping them out with 256 or 512 meg. The last one that I bought in January was an HP with a Gig of memory and a decent spec, but is so slow, it's unbelievable.
They were intended and designed to be used on the move, hence the performance is not mind blowing. For less money you can buy a really good spec pc that won't give you back ache, have loads of storage, and be much faster in use.
I've just built a pc for a friend who wanted to replace a laptop, for 700 euros including a 19inch widescreen tft monitor. The equivalent laptop would be about 3000 euros!
When you have finished downloading everything, run the setups for each bit of software and update everything. Then disconnect the laptop from the internet and run each one on its' own, starting with AVG.
Then reboot the laptop and see if it is any different. It should be much better.
Regards
Tim
Old Jul 29th 2007, 1:08 am
BE Forum Addict

By definition, a laptop is never going to be a very fast computer unless you spend at least £1500 on one. Those that are bought from places like PCW etc have loads of software and bits bundled with them to make them seem reasonably priced, hiding the fact that the spec of the computer is about the minimum required to run the operating system. It's accepted that Windows XP needs a minimum of 1 gig of memory to function anywhere near properly, and Vista more like 2 Gig, until recently, some of the big shops were shipping them out with 256 or 512 meg. The last one that I bought in January was an HP with a Gig of memory and a decent spec, but is so slow, it's unbelievable.
They were intended and designed to be used on the move, hence the performance is not mind blowing. For less money you can buy a really good spec pc that won't give you back ache, have loads of storage, and be much faster in use.
I've just built a pc for a friend who wanted to replace a laptop, for 700 euros including a 19inch widescreen tft monitor. The equivalent laptop would be about 3000 euros!
When you have finished downloading everything, run the setups for each bit of software and update everything. Then disconnect the laptop from the internet and run each one on its' own, starting with AVG.
Then reboot the laptop and see if it is any different. It should be much better.
Regards
Tim

Hi thanks for that just one question (sorry )
How do i reboot?

My laptop was a cheap crappy thing from comet, but i only needed it for ebay, and bits like BE however i use it for work as well so next time i will know to buy a better one. xxxxx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.