Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Non resident in Spain

Non resident in Spain

Old Mar 20th 2021, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

TicTac111 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Non resident in Spain

Thanks so much Joppa I'm now relieved :-) Again something I can give a tick on my list
Old Mar 20th 2021, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

bolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TicTac111
I think I'm lucky, because I'm originally from Germany, have been living in the UK for over ten years but I still have a German passport, so I should be fine without a visa. Does anybody remembers how much it is when asking a Gestor to sort out the residencia???

Thanks a lot
Ah, that little bit of information does make a difference.....
I have to admit that I usually start any advice with the preamble about "As long as you are not an EU citizen, holding an Irish/EU passport, married to an EU citizen, holding dual passports, etc etc" but failed on this occasion. Slapped wrist for me!

Back to secondary query... It shouldn't cost more than about€100 for a gestor to sort out your residencia, your NIE would be completed as part of the application (assuming you dont already hold an NIE)
Old Mar 20th 2021, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'm lucky, because I'm originally from Germany, have been living in the UK for over ten years but I still have a German passport, so I should be fine without a visa. Does anybody remembers how much it is when asking a Gestor to sort out the residencia???

Thanks a lot
That's you well and truly sorted then, obtaining residency will be a doddle, no need for any visas and of course you can just turn up and do it all in Spain!

I don't think it will cost very much but it's probably worth asking a few places in advance before deciding who you want to use. You may want to use them for other things in the future so it's important to find someone you can rely on.

Good luck!
Old Mar 20th 2021, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bolton wanderer
Ah, that little bit of information does make a difference.....
I have to admit that I usually start any advice with the preamble about "As long as you are not an EU citizen, holding an Irish/EU passport, married to an EU citizen, holding dual passports, etc etc" but failed on this occasion. Slapped wrist for me!

Back to secondary query... It shouldn't cost more than about€100 for a gestor to sort out your residencia, your NIE would be completed as part of the application (assuming you dont already hold an NIE)
No Bolton Wanderer it was completely my fault, was just not thinking (happens sometimes to me :-( ) It was really very kind of you and all the others here that you've taken the time to reply to my question and if I'll ever meet one or more of you in Spain I'll invite you for a drink :-) but unfortunately it will take some time until I'll be able to come to Spain because of Covid maybe at the end of the year advantage then there are not so many tourists :-)
Thank you soooo much
Old Mar 20th 2021, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lou71
That's you well and truly sorted then, obtaining residency will be a doddle, no need for any visas and of course you can just turn up and do it all in Spain!

I don't think it will cost very much but it's probably worth asking a few places in advance before deciding who you want to use. You may want to use them for other things in the future so it's important to find someone you can rely on.

Good luck!
That's a good advice good thinking thank you
Old Mar 21st 2021, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

Do it yourself and it costs €12 and two visits to a police station, one to submit your application and a second to collect your TIE.

That said if you have a German passport then provided you use only that then Brexit should be of little consequence or concern to you as it's changed nothing for other EU citizens.

One problem it might throw up is with your driving licence, which I presume is a UK one, as of course they can no longer be exchanged for Spanish.
Old Mar 22nd 2021, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Notdunroamin > I'm one of the people a little bit scary regarding official things. When I went to get my NI number in Plymouth the lady there said "You are looking so afraid" and I've told her that I was afraid, don't know why. I may do it by myself but it is good to know I could ask a Gestor to do it for me. It also depends how my Spanish language skills are when I relocate.

Driving licence again lucky have an EU driving licence. (wish I would have such luck in the lottery)

Thank you so much for the information Notdunroamin this is really such nice forum thanks
Old Mar 22nd 2021, 7:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

If you do decide to do it yourself this link may be of use to you. It really comes down to completing the Ex 18 form which you can do online and print off. Making an appointment which you do online and attending with the documents outlined in the link. It isn't daunting really but of course thats your choice but the link may help you.
https://www.angloinfo.com/how-to/spa...y-eu-nationals
Old Mar 22nd 2021, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

bobd22 > thank you so much. Had just a look into it and yes you're right it looks quite easy :-) now it looks more likely that I'll do it by myself :-) Thanks you once again
Old Mar 22nd 2021, 8:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

bobd22 > thank you so much. Had just a look into it and yes you're right it looks quite easy :-) now it looks more likely that I'll do it by myself :-) Thanks you once again
Good luck. I did my initial residencia through a Gestor. Then when it came to my wife doing hers it had changed for us due to Brexit and had changed to the TIE. At the time no Gestors in our area seemed to know much about it. So I researched and we did hers ourselves very easy really I then did my own exchange from green card to TIE again not difficult. Yours is even simpler really as EU citizen. Glad that the link is of use it will save you a few Euros and by doing it oneself I think it gives one a little confidence to deal with Spanish bureaucracy.