Nokia N95

Old Sep 27th 2008, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Debrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the rough
Default Nokia N95

Hi My son bought a N95 from someone, but when he puts his sim card in it says ''sim card not valid '' . Someone said it may be locked..is there anyway to unlock it??
Old Sep 27th 2008, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nokia N95

Originally Posted by Debrina
Hi My son bought a N95 from someone, but when he puts his sim card in it says ''sim card not valid '' . Someone said it may be locked..is there anyway to unlock it??
It will be locked. You will have to find a dealer or someone with the right contacts to get it unlocked. Will take 3 or 4 days and probably cost €30 ish. Many recent high spec phones need the unlock codes from the manufacturers themselves, not like the good old days where you could get the info from the internet!
Some even need to be altered internally to allow unlocking and have to be sent away!
Old Sep 27th 2008, 3:53 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by valenciatim
It will be locked. You will have to find a dealer or someone with the right contacts to get it unlocked. Will take 3 or 4 days and probably cost €30 ish. Many recent high spec phones need the unlock codes from the manufacturers themselves, not like the good old days where you could get the info from the internet!
Some even need to be altered internally to allow unlocking and have to be sent away!
go to the noika web site for unlocking
if its under contract with a phone company many be problems
sent you a link aswell
jurdy

tell how you got on please
Old Sep 27th 2008, 4:11 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Get the codes from E-Bay they send it you in e-mail form see link below However I would question some of the sellers because of the way Nokia scramble the IMEI number ie Baseband 5 technology. a lot of the claims they can unlock your phone some 12 months ago are bogus. However I believe the unlocking code has been cracked but please research before parting with cash. There is a box which can descamble the code but they cost between 400 and 3000 pounds so you have to send the phone away to the person who has invested in such a box for a 25 pound a pop fee.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_n...95+unlock+code

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Base_Band_5

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N95

Last edited by poshnbucks; Sep 27th 2008 at 4:31 pm.
Old Sep 27th 2008, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

you might find a stall at your local boot sale or market

I got mine un-locked for 15€ or if you are going abck to UK at any point you can get it done there too
Old Sep 28th 2008, 4:15 am
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

the fone has a unique id number in case of theft you just ring up and give in the number and the provider blocks the fone then its usless to any one.this may be the case but I dont know.but if it is and you take it in to be unblocked then the people who can unblock it have to inform the authoritys by law. try going on the nokia web site.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betris
the fone has a unique id number in case of theft you just ring up and give in the number and the provider blocks the fone then its usless to any one.this may be the case but I dont know.but if it is and you take it in to be unblocked then the people who can unblock it have to inform the authoritys by law. try going on the nokia web site.
cant see these guys who do it at markets informing the authorities !!!
Old Sep 28th 2008, 10:32 am
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spain
cant see these guys who do it at markets informing the authorities !!!
no I cant my self.but im just saying in case you put in into a reputable shop.the number is not your fone id serial number or just some ones pass code its a special one in case of theft built into the fone itself.Im not saying that is the problem as I dont know.just telling you in case you come unstuck.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Debrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the roughDebrina is a jewel in the rough

I am not sure where the phone came from apart from my son buying from a friends friend... and he can't get his money back.....if it is stolen.... would it be definately be useless ????
Old Sep 28th 2008, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

I am not sure where the phone came from apart from my son buying from a friends friend... and he can't get his money back.....if it is stolen.... would it be definately be useless ????
Beware - the majority of posters on the "New Spanish Hotline" thread in Siesta, will be grassing you up on suspicion of handling stolen goods.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

thanks..thats all i need !!!!:curse:
Old Sep 28th 2008, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Just type "unlock Nokia N95" into a Google search. They cannot be unlocked via a pc in the same way that a lot of others can. There are companies out there that can do it, some require you to send them the phone. I got one on a contract upgrade, the supplier was able to get it unlocked using the IMEI number of the phone and it took about 3 days to happen. Bear in mind that as an unlocked phone, they have a much higher value.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Off to Google........